“Definate Bed Bugs” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newark
Shoreline CT
“Definate Bed Bugs”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

I do not know where to start, this place is a DUMP and the only name hotel in town, I read that there were bed bugs here, then checked the bed bug registry and did not see any reports filed, I checked in and inspected the mattress, headboard and picture frames, did not see any evidence of bed bugs. My sister joined me there and we spent 2 nights. On the second morning, my sister got up and pointed at a little bug and said what is that. I pulled back the sheets, there were 2 more...DO NOT STAY HERE. We spent the next several hours, bagging up our things, going to the pharmacy to buy bed bug spray and researching what to do...We wound up buying new outfits and either washing for throwing out everything we had with us.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

Stayed at this hotel during a recent trip to Brantling Ski Area. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The room was clean and smelled OK. Not a lot of traffic noise, yet found some garbage under the bed. Not a big deal, and would most likely return for the skiing next year.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Came to NY to visit Family and thought we would give it a try after hearing that it underwent renovations. We were surprised at how much the rooms were, and they were dirty and smelled damp. We had to wait a few minutes to get a room due to the fact that the Lady at the desk was on the phone, and wouldn't acknowledge us. We decided to eat at the Restaraunt, had a rude little waitress and waited 45 minutes for food that was horrible and over priced. We decided later in the evening to get a cocktail at the pub, and I tell you, the Baetender had the mouth of a sailor and was rude, and couldn't even make a drink. My wife and watched as the Bartender served the Waitress we had Alcohol, and we knew she wasn't of age. We asked the Bartender about wines and she pointed to a shelf and walked away. I would not recommend staying here,eating here or even drinking here.The staff is rude and mouthy,and the Hotel is run down and dank

• Stayed December 2011

Travelers are raving about these Newark hotels

Schenectady, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

My stay turned into a nightmare. I woke up very early feeling itchie and found I wasn't alone in the bed, there were bed bugs!

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
rome
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

The staff was friendly however our group reserved 4 rooms and our room had no microwave or fridge and an old tv. The other rooms had flat screen the those amenities. Would have been nice if we all the same room set up since the rate was the same. Pool heat was broke and dining/bar getting remodeled. Overall it was ok but not the best hotel Ive stayed.

• Stayed October 2011
York, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I am currently paying $117 + tax to stay at this dump. I have stayed at nicer Econo Lodges for half the price. The doors connecting the rooms are so thin I actually heard the person next door unzipping their suitcase. Not a place for light sleepers. Chairs in the rooms are old and stained and the tables are so old and loose that they spin. Don't expect to watch TV if you stay on the second floor. The TV's are so old that half the time it's just snow. I know this because I asked to move my room because I wanted to watch MNF and my second room was only marginally better. In the last 4 hours I've been in 3 rooms and they all need to be renovated badly. The only reason I rated this hotel a 2 instead of a 1 is because of the folks at the front desk. They are excellent. Kind and very helpful.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Seaforth, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

Hotel was clean, rooms were clean and nicely painted with an updated tv, has a nicely maintained pool but overall the entire hotel needs updating! There was ample parking. The hotel is convenient to some restaurants and some shopping. Style is still from the 70's. Wireless internet is poor at best (approx 40% signal), with no option for network hard wire connection in the room. Outlets in the room were very worn and would not hold my phone plug-in or computer plug-in. Restaurant at the hotel was closed most days and nights. "The free coffee at the entrance was either cold or was empty. I did get a cup of luke warm coffee one evening. I did not try after the 3rd day to get coffee from the front entrance. Back entrance door did not lock because the door is very worn and locking mechanism does not work.

Room Tip: If you are a business traveller ask for a room away from the pool area