“This is my home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   180 Breunig Rd, New Windsor, NY 12553   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in New Windsor
michigan
“This is my home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I have been staying at the Homewood Suites New Windsor for six years now. Everytime I pull in I feel an overwhelming sense of being "home". I travel most times to this area with my four children and sometimes the husband as well. The staff ALWAYS makes an effort to accomodate us. We always find our room to be clean and with plenty of space. I LOVE that Homewood Suites provides a full kitchen. The dishwasher was very handy when my youngest was still using bottles. They provide plenty of cooking utensils. A really awesome service they offer at no charge is grocery shopping. They will send someone to the store to get the items off yoour list and bring them back and put them in your fridge/freezer. You are only charged what the groceries cost NO extra fee. In fact I gave them coupons and they used them!! Sure appreciate the effort on their part. Breakfast if good and dinner on weekdays is even better. This hotel is staffed very well and is clean throuhgout. Beds are comfortable and pool is nice. There is nothing bad that I could say about this location! Look forward to seeing you guys in April!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Hi hannahlore,

Well April is almost here so please e-mail me and let me know your return dates! We want nothing more than to continue pleasing you during your visits with your family. Thank you for continuing to choose our hotel ….our home is your home!
Feel free to include grocery items in your e-mail if you would like. We can have them available in your suite upon your arrival.

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet. A home away from home! We had the King deluxe suite. It looked like an apartment. Full equipped kitchen, eating area; table/chairs, flat screen tv's in the bedroom and livingroom. The bathroom was very clean and had plenty of towels. Extra pillows and blankets in the mirrored closet. The lobby is very pretty, fireplace, flat screen tv on the wall above it. They have a small snack shop and the prices are good, Great place!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Emily C,

It really makes us happy when our guests feel so at home during their stay with us and we appreciate your very positive review. I hope that since you are not so far away that you will visit us again soon.

Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This place would be the best hotel stateside for me, it is like your own top-notched celebrity suites that is welcomed and authentic. This hotel i can't get enough of it, it is more than what you pay for. The staff are great and complimentary dinner sounds really freaking awesome. Furthermore, i just have to say it again this hotel is the topic.

Room Tip: All the suites are freaking awesome.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Alex B,

Thank you for posting your very positive opinion of our Homewood Suites. We are currently working on some great projects which will even further enhance our guest suites. I hope you come back soon to see the new touches.

We are honored to be your stateside choice!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel from 12/27/12 to 1/1/13. We called ahead, as we had a late arrival, and the check in could not have been more seamless. The room was spotless and comfortable, housekeeping was excellent, and breakfast presented a variety of choices, hot and cold. The hotel is located on the grounds of Stewart International Airport, and is within driving distance of West Point Military Academy, Newburgh Mall, many Revolutionary War sites, and a hour drive to New York City. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the Newburgh/New Windsor area. I will stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hi Nylonghorn,

We look forward to having you as our guest every time you travel to our area, any time of day or night!

Thank you for sharing such nice comments!

Poolesville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I were traveling to Newburgh for a family event. It was easy to find, and the staff was very accommodating. We arrived earlier than normal check in time, but they kindly let us check in early. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Hi Daryl B,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. Since you have family in the area, I hope that we will be seeing more of you! Although we can’t guarantee it, we will always accommodate an early arrival if the suite type is available. Sometimes it is just these small gestures that make a big difference. Glad that you were happy with your stay!

Thanks again!

Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We've stayed here numerous times, usually a few times each year, we're in the area; and each is just as good as the last! Great customer service, clean hotel/rooms, great prices (for what you get), & nice facilities! Free complimentary breakfast in the morning, and NOT just toast/bagels. Full spread, and each morning it's a different entree. Everything is always good, appetizing, & great price....FREE! Thursday nights they also have complimentary dinner!! How AWESOME is THAT???!!! You also have a small kitchen w/complete stovetop, microwave, & dishwasher...& don't forget the pots/pans, silverware, flatware & more, because it's all there! Standard sized frig (you'd have in your kitchen at home). Free wi-fi, in room.

Staff has always been pleasant & helpful, if/when I have an issue...always resolved quickly, happily, & correctly!! :D There is an indoor pool, which has always been well maintaine..I've never seen/experienced ANY issues.

Sleeping...bed are clean & quite comfortable. I'm usually an insomniac...NEVER a problem here!

I've also NEVER had ANY issue(s) w/my bill, ALWAYS accurate..no hidden charges. What can I say....we're treated well everytime, and so we keep coming back! They've gotten "it" right here.

Room Tip: Be prepared to NOT have ANY issues! :D
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Travelinggirl56,

What great comments! You covered just about everything in detail and I appreciate that! It is really good to hear that for someone who struggles with sleep that you rested well with us.

We look forward to having you back!

NE Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were flying to Orlando and deccided to stay at Homewood suites based on the reviews and the ability to use our points for the stay. Me, my wife and 3 daughters originally had a suite booked with 2 queen beds. I was to sleep on the couch the one night. Since our flight was at 7am I thought it would be a zoo for me and 4 girls to use one bathroom to get ready. I called a few days before and they did have a 2 beedroom/2 bathroom unit available for a slight charge. I jumped on it and am glad I did. The unit was perfect. The beds were comfortable, the 2 bathrooms was a defiinite plus. The rooms are very clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel for you stay.

And on a side note, I think it is great that Kathy takes the time to respond to most of the reviews posted here, both positive and negative. It definetly shows she cares about your opinions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hello Wyannuzzi,

Thank you not only for the excellent rating you gave our hotel but for reading the comments of our guests and my responses. I learn every time a guest gives feedback. Some comments spur internal changes of our operation and in other cases, the words of our guests generate even larger changes within the Hilton Homewood Brand.

It was so nice to hear that we were a great start to your vacation! If you are local residents, don’t wait for your next vacation to stay with us. In my opinion our two-bedroom suite is the most spacious and beautiful accommodation in our area and I am so happy it was available when you arrived.

Thank you again Wyannuzzi…come again!

Kathy Russo

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!