“Comfortable, clean and quiet” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Windsor
Poolesville, Maryland
“Comfortable, clean and quiet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I were traveling to Newburgh for a family event. It was easy to find, and the staff was very accommodating. We arrived earlier than normal check in time, but they kindly let us check in early. The room was very clean and comfortable. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Hi Daryl B,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments. Since you have family in the area, I hope that we will be seeing more of you! Although we can’t guarantee it, we will always accommodate an early arrival if the suite type is available. Sometimes it is just these small gestures that make a big difference. Glad that you were happy with your stay!

Thanks again!

Kathy Russo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We've stayed here numerous times, usually a few times each year, we're in the area; and each is just as good as the last! Great customer service, clean hotel/rooms, great prices (for what you get), & nice facilities! Free complimentary breakfast in the morning, and NOT just toast/bagels. Full spread, and each morning it's a different entree. Everything is always good, appetizing, & great price....FREE! Thursday nights they also have complimentary dinner!! How AWESOME is THAT???!!! You also have a small kitchen w/complete stovetop, microwave, & dishwasher...& don't forget the pots/pans, silverware, flatware & more, because it's all there! Standard sized frig (you'd have in your kitchen at home). Free wi-fi, in room.

Staff has always been pleasant & helpful, if/when I have an issue...always resolved quickly, happily, & correctly!! :D There is an indoor pool, which has always been well maintaine..I've never seen/experienced ANY issues.

Sleeping...bed are clean & quite comfortable. I'm usually an insomniac...NEVER a problem here!

I've also NEVER had ANY issue(s) w/my bill, ALWAYS accurate..no hidden charges. What can I say....we're treated well everytime, and so we keep coming back! They've gotten "it" right here.

Room Tip: Be prepared to NOT have ANY issues! :D
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Travelinggirl56,

What great comments! You covered just about everything in detail and I appreciate that! It is really good to hear that for someone who struggles with sleep that you rested well with us.

We look forward to having you back!

NE Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were flying to Orlando and deccided to stay at Homewood suites based on the reviews and the ability to use our points for the stay. Me, my wife and 3 daughters originally had a suite booked with 2 queen beds. I was to sleep on the couch the one night. Since our flight was at 7am I thought it would be a zoo for me and 4 girls to use one bathroom to get ready. I called a few days before and they did have a 2 beedroom/2 bathroom unit available for a slight charge. I jumped on it and am glad I did. The unit was perfect. The beds were comfortable, the 2 bathrooms was a defiinite plus. The rooms are very clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel for you stay.

And on a side note, I think it is great that Kathy takes the time to respond to most of the reviews posted here, both positive and negative. It definetly shows she cares about your opinions.

Hello Wyannuzzi,

Thank you not only for the excellent rating you gave our hotel but for reading the comments of our guests and my responses. I learn every time a guest gives feedback. Some comments spur internal changes of our operation and in other cases, the words of our guests generate even larger changes within the Hilton Homewood Brand.

It was so nice to hear that we were a great start to your vacation! If you are local residents, don’t wait for your next vacation to stay with us. In my opinion our two-bedroom suite is the most spacious and beautiful accommodation in our area and I am so happy it was available when you arrived.

Thank you again Wyannuzzi…come again!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have been staying at this property on a regular basis since 10/2011. Property and rooms are very clean. Facilites are always well maintained and secure. Breakfasts and dinners are very good quality. Staff is very friendly, helpful and very attentive to details. Have never had a bad experience yet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear barbbrn7,

To hear such amazing comments from a loyal guest is very rewarding for the entire team. Because you stayed with us since 2011, I hope that you trust that our commitment to service is genuine!
Although my hope is that you never have a bad experience, know that if there is a mistake made…we react quickly and sincerely!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Franklin County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My family has stayed here twice now, and we find the hotel to be the best choice in the area for convenience, cleanliness, and comfort (we have also stayed at The Days Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Ramada in this area...but we will stick with Homewood from now on). We love the suites, especially since we have 2 kids. It's great to have a full kitchen, including utensils, cups, can opener, etc. The property is on the ground at Stewart airport but I don't recall hearing plane noise at all. It is off the main road as well, so very quiet, My only complaint is that whenever we've stayed here we've tried to get a suite with 2 queen beds and both times they've been sold out (we made our reservation weeks in advance). The only other minor issue was that the property has flood lights outside the windows, so even with the curtains closed there was a glow in the room on the 1st floor. When we stay again, we will request a higher floor to avoid this. Overall, this is a great hotel and easily the best choice in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor if you want to avoid the lights on the ground floor landscaping at night (even...
Dear patravels7,

Thank you so much for your comments and we are honored that our Homewood Suites will be your first choice when you visit the area. We appreciate that you love our suites and you are right…our one bedroom suites with two queen beds (all suites have a pull-out sofa) are extremely popular. We are an extended stay hotel so these suites are also booked by families staying for long periods of time.
For your next stay you can certainly request a higher floor but please remember to draw the “black-out” curtains located behind the sheers. This will eliminate the glow from the standard outdoor “up lighting”.
Thank you again!

Crivitz, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The wife and I enjoyed our stay. Full breakfast, close to WP, and shopping. The pool and hot tub were in very good shape and the room was clean and nice. We were able to purchase wine and beer from the front desk and it was very reasonable. We will stay here every time we visit the area, can't say enough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hi EricATC ,

I am so happy that you and "The Wife” (lol) had a nice time visiting the area and staying at our Homewood Suites. You covered so many of our important services and features in your posting and yet it was short and sweet! Thank you for the compliment of saying that you would always choose us!

Goshen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you are flying into Stewart Airport and looking for a place to stay, this is your best bet. The hotel is clean and the service is friendly. This is one of the nicest Homewood Suites that I have stayed in and I have stayed in many. This is also a good location for exploring the Hudson Valley area. As others have said, there are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity so you will need a car. The hotel provides a full breakfast as well as a dinner on Monday thru Thursday evenings. The rooms are nicely furnished and I found the location very quiet. Could not hear any planes taking off or landing. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Plasmid,

Thank you for posting your comments! We really appreciate hearing that you rate us as one of the nicest Homewood Suites because we know we are in such good company. As a brand, Homewood Suites is excellent and I am so pleased that we are upholding that reputation.

Although we have to prioritize our van shuttle for airport runs, we are always willing to drive our guests to shopping and restaurants in the nearby area. Please let us know when you are returning if you won't have transportation and we would be happy to make arrangements for you.

Thank you again!
Kathy Russo

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!