“Start of a GREAT Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #1 of 4 hotels in New Windsor
NE Pennsylvania
“Start of a GREAT Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We were flying to Orlando and deccided to stay at Homewood suites based on the reviews and the ability to use our points for the stay. Me, my wife and 3 daughters originally had a suite booked with 2 queen beds. I was to sleep on the couch the one night. Since our flight was at 7am I thought it would be a zoo for me and 4 girls to use one bathroom to get ready. I called a few days before and they did have a 2 beedroom/2 bathroom unit available for a slight charge. I jumped on it and am glad I did. The unit was perfect. The beds were comfortable, the 2 bathrooms was a defiinite plus. The rooms are very clean and the staff very helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend this hotel for you stay.

And on a side note, I think it is great that Kathy takes the time to respond to most of the reviews posted here, both positive and negative. It definetly shows she cares about your opinions.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Hello Wyannuzzi,

Thank you not only for the excellent rating you gave our hotel but for reading the comments of our guests and my responses. I learn every time a guest gives feedback. Some comments spur internal changes of our operation and in other cases, the words of our guests generate even larger changes within the Hilton Homewood Brand.

It was so nice to hear that we were a great start to your vacation! If you are local residents, don’t wait for your next vacation to stay with us. In my opinion our two-bedroom suite is the most spacious and beautiful accommodation in our area and I am so happy it was available when you arrived.

Thank you again Wyannuzzi…come again!

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have been staying at this property on a regular basis since 10/2011. Property and rooms are very clean. Facilites are always well maintained and secure. Breakfasts and dinners are very good quality. Staff is very friendly, helpful and very attentive to details. Have never had a bad experience yet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear barbbrn7,

To hear such amazing comments from a loyal guest is very rewarding for the entire team. Because you stayed with us since 2011, I hope that you trust that our commitment to service is genuine!
Although my hope is that you never have a bad experience, know that if there is a mistake made…we react quickly and sincerely!

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Franklin County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My family has stayed here twice now, and we find the hotel to be the best choice in the area for convenience, cleanliness, and comfort (we have also stayed at The Days Inn, Hilton Garden Inn, Ramada in this area...but we will stick with Homewood from now on). We love the suites, especially since we have 2 kids. It's great to have a full kitchen, including utensils, cups, can opener, etc. The property is on the ground at Stewart airport but I don't recall hearing plane noise at all. It is off the main road as well, so very quiet, My only complaint is that whenever we've stayed here we've tried to get a suite with 2 queen beds and both times they've been sold out (we made our reservation weeks in advance). The only other minor issue was that the property has flood lights outside the windows, so even with the curtains closed there was a glow in the room on the 1st floor. When we stay again, we will request a higher floor to avoid this. Overall, this is a great hotel and easily the best choice in the area.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor if you want to avoid the lights on the ground floor landscaping at night (even...
Dear patravels7,

Thank you so much for your comments and we are honored that our Homewood Suites will be your first choice when you visit the area. We appreciate that you love our suites and you are right…our one bedroom suites with two queen beds (all suites have a pull-out sofa) are extremely popular. We are an extended stay hotel so these suites are also booked by families staying for long periods of time.
For your next stay you can certainly request a higher floor but please remember to draw the “black-out” curtains located behind the sheers. This will eliminate the glow from the standard outdoor “up lighting”.
Thank you again!

Crivitz, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The wife and I enjoyed our stay. Full breakfast, close to WP, and shopping. The pool and hot tub were in very good shape and the room was clean and nice. We were able to purchase wine and beer from the front desk and it was very reasonable. We will stay here every time we visit the area, can't say enough.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Hi EricATC ,

I am so happy that you and "The Wife” (lol) had a nice time visiting the area and staying at our Homewood Suites. You covered so many of our important services and features in your posting and yet it was short and sweet! Thank you for the compliment of saying that you would always choose us!

Goshen, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

If you are flying into Stewart Airport and looking for a place to stay, this is your best bet. The hotel is clean and the service is friendly. This is one of the nicest Homewood Suites that I have stayed in and I have stayed in many. This is also a good location for exploring the Hudson Valley area. As others have said, there are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity so you will need a car. The hotel provides a full breakfast as well as a dinner on Monday thru Thursday evenings. The rooms are nicely furnished and I found the location very quiet. Could not hear any planes taking off or landing. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Plasmid,

Thank you for posting your comments! We really appreciate hearing that you rate us as one of the nicest Homewood Suites because we know we are in such good company. As a brand, Homewood Suites is excellent and I am so pleased that we are upholding that reputation.

Although we have to prioritize our van shuttle for airport runs, we are always willing to drive our guests to shopping and restaurants in the nearby area. Please let us know when you are returning if you won't have transportation and we would be happy to make arrangements for you.

Thank you again!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We recently visited the Hudson Valley to see the leaves and the Hyde Park area, and stayed at this hotel. The hotel itself is right next to Stewart Airport (but you'll never hear a plane), so it's a great choice if you want to fly in/out of there. Be warned though -- there is nothing else in the vicinity, so if you want other amenities (like nearby restaurants/stores/etc.) you will need a car.

The arrival at the hotel was a little odd -- there were several vehicles parked up and down the entry road to the hotel, making it impossible to pull under the canopy for check-in as I usually do. We had to park quite a distance away just to check-in. We also were never told about the (apparently-secret?) second elevator and entry door, which were much closer to our room than the main one we were directed to.

My only complaint about the room itself was that you could hear every step the person above you took (that even included in the hallway!). I also still don't understand why chains like Homewood Suites go to the trouble of posting in the room what the dinner menu will be, but don't do the same for breakfast, even though it was different every day we stayed there.

Overall, I would stay here again...though I might choose another property next time just to be closer to amenities. (By the way, just a tip, this area is also a great place to stay if you want to day-trip to NYC...you can catch commuter rail on both sides of the Hudson into the city. The trip into the city via rail on the east side of the Hudson is awesome with great scenery.)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Spade7,

Thank you for a favorable review, though I cannot help feeling like we
disappointed you. Please allow me to address several points that you made so
that maybe we can convince you to come back to stay with us again:

1- Local access, though a car is certainly convenient to have, we do
offer free shuttle service for dinner, shopping, etc.

2- I am not sure why the car port would have been blocked but am going
to research this as it is clearly not acceptable. We have an additional parking lot for "Event Parking" so this isn't typical. So sorry for this
inconvenience.

3- We do try to explain to every arrival where their suite is in proximity to convenient parking, entrances and the lobby and then direct them accordingly. It sounds as though this was an oversight and I apologize.

4- Noise- fortunately not a complaint that we hear often, but perhaps
if you come back we will make certain to put you on our top floor so that
there is no guest above you.

5- Breakfast posting- have not heard this request, will definitely look
into adding this to our in room menu.

6- NYC by train- great observation, and we can help put together a really fun itinerary of things to do, places to eat, etc.

Thanks again for the review and hopefully, if we can get you to come back,
we will be able to make your stay a better one,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

This place is awesome. Although right beside an airport, we never heard a plane. It's a beautiful place with pristine rooms. And the food!!! No junk food! We just ate chicken cacciatore and salad served with wine!!!! Unbelievable! This amenity alone saved our family of 9 a bundle of money. I will be looking up Homewood Suites wherever we travel. Thank you for making our stay better than home...

• Stayed October 2012
KathyRusso, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hello MSDPowell,

Wow, a family of 9, now I know why we ran out of food one night in October ...of course I am kidding. On a more serious note it is so nice to hear that the exact convenience that you describe is one of the reasons that the owner’s built a Homewood Suites. Travelling can
be harrying when with a lot of people and a little convenience like not
worrying about where to eat can make all the difference. Thanks so much for
the great review and enjoy your family!

Warmly,

Kathy Russo

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!