“Oustanding Service - above and beyond!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Windsor
Hartford, Connecticut
“Oustanding Service - above and beyond!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying at this hotel and would come back in a minute! We were a group of 6 adults, 7 children in 3 rooms.

The hotel was CLEAN, bright and felt brand new. The lobby with the "see through" fireplace was beautiful. The pool was great for the little ones. There is an exercise room, and a putting green. The lobby was welcoming and comfortable. We were able to sit in the lobby and catch up with our other

They offer a full breakfast included. Make your own waffles, eggs, cereal, toast, etc.

I have to GUSH at how outstanding the manager on duty was. She checked us in and made sure our request to have two rooms near each other was accommodated. We were right off the lobby, however we didn't hear any noise. We were meeting another family for a reunion and she stopped to make sure we were having a good evening and asked us in the morning if our "girl's night" was good.

The next morning at breakfast we asked if they had some egg whites in the back for my husband who has dietary restrictions. They did not, but she remembered we would be there another night and promised they would have them for us the next morning. Sunday morning not only did they have the egg whites for him, but they prepared an egg white omelet for him with veggies just the way he likes it!

We felt like our business was important to the hotel, which is such a rarity these days. Thank you to the entire staff, we will definitely be returning again!

Room Tip: Queen rooms do not connect.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Yaphank, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

We try to find Homewood whenever we travel, having stayed at several we have never been disappointed.

Our stay started wonderfully as we were passing the hotel on our way to an appointment and were checked in, with a smile, several hours before the normal 3 PM. It was nice to get the luggage out of the car and relax for a few minutes before heading back out.

We find their rooms to be a great size for a few days stay. We chose a King Suite with seperate bed room. We like the sitting area and the kitchen will cover all your basic needs. The full size fridge is a bonus and our left over pizza box slide right in. A few bottles of soda and water eliminate trips to the machines. The room was spotless, our only problem was a tv remote that didn't work and was replaced within minutes of asking the desk.

Its the little things that make this place our choice. EVERY employee we passed greeted us. The serve a pretty standard 'free' breakfast buffet (waffles, eggs, cereal and danish, very good coffee for a hotel). The second day of our stay we got downstairs a little late and they had put away the morning meal, but one of the girls went into the kitchen and got our daughter 2 boxes of cereal. I also saw them make a special order of eggs one morning.

The Value seems excellent, we had paid significantly more for a standard hotel room on a past trip.

Because of the staff and the extra steps they take we already booked our next trip to the area at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Snowmass, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011 via mobile

Our non-smoking room smelled faintly of smoke when we arrived at 10PM....but by 4am it was so thick with smoke that it woke me up with burning eyes, nose and throat. I had to open both room windows to make it bearable. If my husband and son weren't still sleeping I would've vacated the room immediately. At 7am it was still nauseating so I went to the front desk to complain. All I got was an appology and a lame excuse that maybe there was a heavy smoker in one of the rooms down the hall. The desk clerk confirmed that our room was a non-smoking room and neither of the rooms on either side of us were smoking rooms....so how our room was full of smoke could not be explained. He said he'd have the service staff look into it when we checked out. Seriously?! How does that benefit us? I told him we would not stay at Homewood suites again and he simply shrugged and appologized. If this is how they honor their 100% satisfaction guarantee its appaling. Offering a guarantee is a complete marketing scam if you fail to honor it when there is a complaint.

• Stayed September 2011
KathyRusso, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear "Signastrom"
We are so sorry to hear about your experience at our Homewood Suites, where we pride ourselves in upholding Hilton's 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and believe that our stellar online reviews and outstanding ranking in the Hilton Homewood system are a testament to that focus. Unfortunately when smoking suites are sold out, some smoking guests elect to smoke in ‘non smoking’ suites which can create an overwhelming smoke smell to anyone nearby. In trying to make all of our guests happy, Hilton still offers smoking suites at the Homewood Suites brand of hotels. As the property manager I want to assure you that we have done our best to isolate them through ventilation modifications, ozone equipment, deep cleaning, etc. It is very likely that based upon your experience, and the intensity of the odor, that a guest smoked in an adjacent suite that was not equipped to handle smoking the way our designated suites will. I am truly sorry and ask that you contact me directly at 845-567-2700 or e-mail me at Kathy.Russo@ hilton.com so that I might make a follow up effort in satisfying you,
Warmly,
Kathy Russo
Newburgh, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I am actually still staying here, and I am so in love with this hotel!

Lets start with a list of accommodations; newspaper outside your door every morning, free dinner (including wine and beer) and breakfast, flat screen HD TV, desk, a table to eat at, large bathroom, spacious closet, a kitchen including stove top, microwave, dishwasher, full size fridge, sink, a full set of cooking utensils, eating utensils, pots and pans, dishes, and glasses. There is even a note on the fridge that says (paraphrasing) "Please write down your grocery list, leave it at the front desk, and the groceries will be in your room by the time you get back this afternoon." Holy cow...a hotel that does your grocery shopping? That is an extra 30 minutes (or an hour and a half as it is toting two children like myself) you could spend shopping, visiting the local attractions, or anything else!

The room is very spacious, which was important to me as myself, my husband and two children are staying here until our more permanent housing is available. I haven't slept on the pull out couch, as my daughter is, which I heard is somewhat uncomfortable. The bed is extremely comfortable, and the pillows are a perfect balance of firmness and softness, which is important to me because I have chronic back and neck pain.

There is ample parking for all guests as well.

The front desk staff is very hospitable, friendly, and respectful. The hotel manager, Dominic, is very sweet, funny and would really go out of his way to make his guests more comfortable. I spoke with the front desk about a few guests who were having an inappropriate and loud conversation near the lobby, and Dominic was personally investigating within the minute. I even got a call less than 5 minutes later to let me know that they had handled the situation. They treat every guest like they are the most important guest in the hotel.

The only thing that I have found that some people would find irritating is that I hear the upstairs "neighbors" walking around clearly. They never stayed up too late, and I'm up before dawn, so it never really bothered me, but it might bother others.

This is by far the best hotel I've ever stayed in. We just finished a cross country drive, so we've stayed in all types of hotels, across the country, so I can say this with certainty; this is the best hotel, for a more than reasonable price, you can stay in.

If you have any qualms with military, however, don't stay here. Yes, there are some out there that do not like military. The Air National Guard Reservists, Army Reservists, USMC Reservist, and Active Duty military of all branches stay here quite frequently.

Room Tip: If you are military, you will receive a generous discount.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Northeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Nice hotel with good included breakfast and dinner. Breakfast is better than dinner, but dinner is OK if you don't have time to go to an outside restaurant. Very secure and quiet and convenient to the local airport and major highways. Lots of shops and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

After much thought I cancelled the Hilton Garden Inn (next door to American Choppers) and switched to the Homewood Suites. It was the best choice. What a lovely, new, clean, friendly place to stay. We were pleasantly surprised to have a bedroom with flat screen, a living area with flatscreen, couch and full kitchen area with microwave, cooktop, refrig, dishwasher, toaster etc. They was a coffee/tea/hot/chocolate basket, popcorn and all the utensils you'd need. Now the best thing was the weekday cocktail hour including a meal! Yes a meal!!! sometimes a barbq, sometimes a dinner. It was really great!!! The breakfast changes a little each day and the waffle machine where you cook you own was fabulous. Now this hotel is off the beaten path but well worth it. We would stay there again next year !

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Lake Grove, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

was here for the weekend with friends for a crafters meetup. all the rooms have ktichens, a couch and coffee table, and the sink is outside the bathroom (always a plus when you have several ladies sharing a room). They offer a good hot and cold breakfast every morning for free, and dinner Monday through Thursday (we didn't get to partake being there Fri-Sun). Been here once before, and both times the property goes out of its way to meet all our needs as both room guests and as a group. It's clean, quiet, and has a nice outdoor sitting area off the main dining room. Looking forward to our return in October.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
KathyRusso, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Hi Janeonlongisland!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I know what group you were with and I have to tell you that our staff loves having all of you. You are all so gracious and talented I might add. We look forward to your next visit and again thank you for choosing our Homewood Suites by Hilton.

Kathy Russo
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Newburgh/Stewart Airport

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Newburgh-Stewart Airport? Share your experiences!