“Delicioso!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin
Cornwall, New York
“Delicioso!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Knowing it is a Tapas Bar I understood the portions would be small. I am quite familiar with Puerto Rican food and my high expectations were met. It is rare that I find arroz con gandules (rice with pigeon peas) instead of the usual rice with beans. Theirs was excellent. I just wish the portions were bigger! I was there with my son and his father and we would need dinner size portions for the three of us. The maduros were nice and sweet, the tostones were crispy, not greasy. The service was good. We ordered two more dishes after we had finished our food and waited less time than I thought we would as the place had filled up by then. Favorite dishes were the ceviche and Arroz Frito de Pollo ( for $12 the portion could be larger). I would definitely return.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newburgh, New York
“What a Fun Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

The food was delicious, the staff was attentive, the owner came over to say hello! I had tostones, arroz con gandules and pernil. The portions are good, not monstrous. The prices were reasonable. I thought I'd died and gone to Puerto Rican heaven. The atmosphere was casual and fun. There was Latin music playing and later during the evening, a DJ arrived. My only teeny-tiny complaint is that the margaritas, although delicious, were kind of light weight. I should have been the best dancer EVER after 3 margaritas. Haha. All in all, I'd say there's a 99.9% chance I'll be going back and bringing some friends!

• Visited May 2014
“Enjoyable Food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Cilantro Tapas and Bar
4/5 Stars

We had a party of 7, and we had made reservations ahead of time, just in case there was a crowd, which there wasn't.
We placed our orders and waited. We waited for almost 40 minutes for our food! When it came, I finally got to enjoy my arroz con gandules and the pernil. These are my favorite Spanish foods and I know what REALLY GOOD pernil and arroz tastes like (Thanks mom :P) and this was great! My mom ordered the mofongo, which she didn't really enjoy. But I loved my meal and I hope to be back here soon.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wallkill, New York
“Best of the best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

From the moment we walked in,we felt comfortable! From the feel like home decor to the inviting ambience of the bar! The host (Daviid) greeted us as though we were family! Once we were seated,our server,Erica greeted us just as warmly! Not being familiar with the menu and what might be a good choice for us,she graciously explained the different appetizers & entrees we pointed to(as we were not familier with some of the spanish choices).for appetizers we chose , Arroz Cilantro(a cilantro herbal rice w/a side of beans, also Cilantro Signature Hummas w/tortilla chips. So very good! For entrees we chose: Salmon a la Parilla,truly delicious. & Fiesta Tropical de Scallop,amazingly delicious as well! The chefs presentation of each dish, Awesome! For dessert, I chose to have a cup of Espresso solo and the magic cake.....oh my gosh,so wonderfully good!! If your looking for the best meal ever do add this restaurant & bar to your list, I promise! You won't be at all disappointed!!!!! I'm planning on a Family get together & I'll be bringing 10 family members to savor the delicious food and desserts!

• Visited March 2014
Wallkill, New York
“Finally!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

Down home cooking with excellent service.Great latin flavors.Nice experience. Will return as a regular.

• Visited April 2014