“Don't Bother” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
NY
“Don't Bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Just don't even bother going here. This place is just bad all the way around. Food is not well prepared or presented. Service is lacking everything it should be. Most waitresses there have a poor attitude. I just can't see how this place could possibly stay open much longer. Looking around at other tables & noticing other patrons being disappointed, this can't be good for their business & cash flow.

Visited October 2013

Columbia, Maryland
“Hot buffet was room temperature”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We ate at this restaurant with a large group that ordered a buffet. The salad bar was just average. The "hot" buffet had five items and all five were in trays that were barely room temperature even though there were two cans of Sterno under each tray. I think the trays were too high fror the Sterno to reach and the entrees were probably never very hot from the beginning. Did they expect the Sterno to do the heating alone? Isn't that the kitchen's job? They only had three beers on draft. Each refill came in different named glasses. The waitress muttered something about running out of glasses. If "stein" is in your name shouldn't you have ample glasses especially if you only have three draft choices? It's not like the place was overcrowded.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Broomall
“Going down hill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

This used to be a great stop while staying at the Days Inn up the hill. Today, it's a shadow of itself. First of all, the hostess (I think one of the owners) doubles as the bartender. Did you ever hear of that?? Try getting a drink when it gets a little busy with guests coming in. Every beer (same brand) you order comes in a different glass. Come on! Hire a full time bartender. Secondly, both the exterior and interior are tired and worn out. Needs a facelift for sure. The food is adequate. We stop only because of its location to our hotel.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New Windsor, New York
“Overcooked Steak and weird smell in dining room..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

This was the first time I ever been here. I wanted a medium steak and it came out well, tough and like chewing dust. I refused to send it back, but my boss even thought it was ridiculous. There is a funny smell in the dining room. I can't place the smell to describe it, but the best I can say is OLD smelling. I would not return. Maybe it was a bad night..I cannot weigh in on that as this is the first visit for me and probably the last.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Not the same owner, but not bad”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We'd gone here for maybe 20 years when it was Banta's. Now it's changed ownership. It's gotten a little pricey but the steaks are still excellent. They come rare when I order rare, so that's good. I haven't ordered anything but club steak in a long time, but my husband gets a smothered chicken breast that he says is very good. My only complaint has been that they don't serve smaller sized steaks. However, the waitress this last time was able to get me one from the early bird special menu even though it was 7PM. The atmosphere was still good - early American - but very quiet the last time we went.

• Visited August 2013