“Divine!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Bronx, New York
“Divine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family and I frequent this restaurant almost every other month. The food is always fresh and delicious. Anna is part owner with her husband Antonio. Anna is the chef and she is brilliant. You can get the standard Italian fare here but it will be head and shoulders above any other Italian fare you've ever eaten in the States. Antonio is grand.

Just about everything is made on the premises, pasta included. They have specials every day and they welcome all questions regarding the way entrees are prepared. If you want it altered in any way they will accommodate. I suggest you don't order things you always have, like chicken francese (which is crazy good) , but be adventurous and try new things.I once ordered something from the specials that had sausage. I don't really like sausages so I must have not heard being told they were included. I figured I would taste it and then just move the sausage aside. Well, I really liked the sausage! Anna came out to say hello and I told her. She said that she made the sausage herself and that she omitted or at least lessened the amount of a particular ingredient (don't remember which) because she herself is not a big fan of most other sausages. She is a very talented chef.

If you want to have a good meal with family or take your date for a casual repast, this is the place.

The wait staff which includes Tony the maitre'd and servers Tomas and Miguel are very attentive and respectful. Tony knows his wines so tell him what you like and he will suggest. They sell by the glass as well.

The ambience is nothing out of this world but it's clean, comfortable and relatively quiet depending on the time you come.

It isn't the least expensive place but it is more than reasonable.
Dining out doesn't have to be an event. Sometimes you just want to go out and relax. Go there. I love this place.

• Visited January 2014

New York City, New York
“Excellent Italian Restaurant With Fresh Homemade Food And Desert”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

If your looking for a restaurant that makes everything to perfection then this is the place for you . I went to Agostino's with a few friends for dinner and was taken back by their food , service and friendly atmosphere . The owners Tony and Anna make you feel like family along with their waiters and waitresses . Everything we ordered was so fresh . They make their own pasta and desserts daily . Anna who is also one of the chef's takes pride in her work. She took the time and came out of the kitchen to introduce herself and to make sure everyone was happy with what they had ordered . The taste of the food was unbelievable and their desserts were so good that we had to order a sampler dish with all of them . I would recommend Agostino's Restaurant to anyone who wants an unforgettable dinning experience .

• Visited February 2014
NY
“A lot of hype...and it's all true!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I wanted to try a new restaurant for my birthday dinner last night so I scrolled through restaurants in Westchester here on tripadvisor and came across Agostino's. The reviews looked promising so I decided we'd give it a shot.

We made reservations for 7pm on a Monday so the restaurant was not crowded. The decor is tasteful, crisp, and classy without being pretentious. More importantly, the food is outstanding as is the service. The staff is friendly and dishes are presented in true Italian fashion with an "eccolo qua" and "boun appetito!". There were 6 of us dining so we had an opportunity to try multiple dishes. Everything on our table, without exception, was delicious! I ordered the portabella mushroom appetizer (portabella mushrooms over crispy polenta with a gorganzola cream sauce) almost everyone at the table had a bite. My fiance had two or three bites. It was so good that I really didn't want to share anymore so I quickly reclaimed my plate. My mother said her Cesar salad was the best she's ever had. The lobster ravioli and cold antipasto were also delicious. For my entree I chose the pork chop special (grilled double cut pork chop with onions and mushrooms) which I ordered rare and it came our perfectly cooked to my liking. My fiance and father both ordered the cioppino which was outstanding and had some of the most tender octopus I've ever had. My 93 year old Italian grandmother ordered the chicken parmesan and my brother order the chicken francese. Both were delicious.
Our waiter proudly told us about the food and how the owner makes almost everything from scratch. He told us the meatballs were amazing so of course we ordered a couple to try. He was right. Even my grandmother, who makes amazing meatballs, said they were delicious.

Normally we're not big on desserts but after reading some of the other reviews I knew this part of the meal was not to be missed. We ordered the cannoli, Italian cheesecake, tiramisu, and pistachio ice cream. The cannoli and Italian cheescake were hands down the best I've ever had. Anna, the owner and head chef, came out to visit with us. Her devotion and passion comes through in both her food and her personality.

We will definitely be going back.

• Visited February 2014
New York
“OK I'm hooked !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Not far from me, this restaurant is in a residential neighborhood, .. nothing really special inside, but nice linen tablecloths, napkins.. the lighting was brighter than we liked.. it was just ok... you are coming here for the food and the service more than the ambiance.
Not having a real complete website to look at... I was a little concerned as my friends were taking me out.. didn't want it to be too expensive, but I felt very confident it would be great. IT WAS. and the price was within normal range, as well. I had house chardonnay.. I liked it alot, it was oaky and $ 8. My friend had a Manhattan, it came in an unusual shaped glass, she liked it. We had a mushroom appetizer to share with risotto .. it was $ 13, expensive I thought for one, but we three shared it ! And it was enough... and the taste. Mama mia. Somehow the flavor of the roasted or grilled mushrooms entered the gravy, I have no idea how. Delicious !! Two of us had penne with vodka sauce , shrimp...
( enough of them) with asparagus.( $ 19) He licked the plate, I took some home, we both loved it.. only suggestion is both of us would have liked to see more asparagus there instead of just enough for color. Another had the bass, special of the night $ 23.. and came with vegetables also terrific. Complimentary bruschetta first.. then bread and great breadsticks.. the BREAD? OY....outrageous flavor and butter. I'm sorry, but No where in Italy did I have this N.Y. Italian bread and butter. it comes from the Bronx, Miguel, our handsome waitor told us. (I loved him. and not just because he told me I was like a more beautiful Liza Minelli. ) He also talked us into a cannoli, which he spent 5 minutes eulogizing. He said it was the best cannoli in the world. He might have been close to right ///as when I was in a certain place in Italy ... I had thought I had the best one in my life.. and it was comparable, well to be honest, I had two.. but it was outrageous. I recommend it. and this place, which I will be happy to return to. BRAVO.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Rochelle, New York
“Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Brought our friends to our favorite Italian restaurant, Agostino's. This group was especially well traveled and gustatorily enlightened and didn't expect anything out of the ordinary. Wow! They were pleasantly shocked. Praise was unanimous. Appetizer to dessert was perfect. It was wonderful. Everyone said that upon their return, this was the place to eat. We haven't waited for them. We come here all the time.

• Visited September 2013