“Great” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 156 Restaurants in New Rochelle
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Little Mexican Cafe has been a New Rochelle destination for aficionados of gourmet Mexican cuisine since 1990.The cheerful dining room is a great setting for simple business lunches or a great evening dining experience. There is a full bar offering domestic, imported and Mexican beer, wine and our signature margarita, all to compliment the cafe’s authentic Mexican cuisine.House specialties include Charro, pork Mexican sausage and seasoned beef with guacamole, rice and beans, and Carne a la Brasa, skirt steak marinated in chipotle and lime served with rice, beans and guacamole. Our Tacos al Pastor was acclaimed in the NY Times as well as a wide assortment of savory enchiladas, sizzling fajitas and other Mexican favorites. We also have a large selection of seafood dishes, including ceviche and oysters.Little Mexican Cafe is the perfect place for hosting special occasions. Accommodations for private parties up to fifty people are available. We also offer take out and free local delivery.
New Rochelle, New York
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Great food and service... Reasonably priced... And the flavored Mojitos are delish :)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ed A, Owner at Little Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for the great review! I'm happy that our food and service impress and that our flavored mojitos hit the spot for you. If there's anything we can do to improve your experience, don't hesitate to let me know!

All best,

Hartsdale , New York
“You Cannot Do Better ...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

It doesn't look like much from the outside. It isn't some gilded palace inside. It's something else.

This isn't just a "good Mexican restaurant". It's a very good restaurant period. Wholly aside from the top-class quality of the traditional Mexican dishes they serve, the rest of the menu is outstanding. As a Caribbean man I am exacting about my fish dishes; most restaurants that attempt whole-fish dishes, for instance, try to let the breading carry the flavor of the whole dish. Not this place. Their red snapper is simply the finest I have ever had in any restaurant, and I've had it a lot. Also, and FYI, in a REAL restaurant, "red snapper" is always served as a whole fish - not a "filet" or anything else. They offer it five different ways: each is recommended. The Mrs. had the cornmeal tamale appetizer served on a corn husk - delicious. I had the oysters in shell with tequila special, also recommended.

I will go back to this restaurant and have to really think over what want - the Mexican traditional menu if fantastic (best mole sauce I've had in decades..) but the fish dishes - wow!. And on top of everything else, the margaritas we had were most assuredly not the fruit-colored kid drinks one gets served in too many "Mexican" restaurants. Go here. Eat hearty. And spread the word: there really is a nice piece of Mexico in downtown New Rochelle.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ed A, Owner at Little Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your glowing and detailed review! It's great to hear that you've been impressed both with our traditional Mexican dishes and our seafood. I'm flattered that you rank our Red Snapper as the finest you've ever had, and I assure you that we don't take your compliment lightly!

I hope that you and the Mrs. have had a chance to visit us since you reviewed us in April! We'd love to help you choose even more great dishes to enjoy. Thanks again for recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Warm regards,
New York
“Best.Guacamole.Ever.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Well-prepared and tasty Mexican food, served well and at a decent price. If you go, you MUST order the appetizer chips with the Guacamole prepared tableside. It's to die for. Give me that and a Corona, and I'm one happy gal.

Visited November 2011
Ed A, Owner at Little Mexican Cafe, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your review! I appreciate your excellent recommendation of our guacamole. It's a house specialty, and I'm glad that it's a must-have for you when you visit. I'd love to know if there's anything we could be doing better, so please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Solid, authentic and affordable with wonderful service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012

Always a good meal at a very good price. The Guacamole is tablemade and delicious. Solid Mexican and the waiters try very hard.

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Wonderful food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Nice people, very good food. Some of the best quacamole we've had in the tri-state area.

• Visited October 2011