“Great hidden gem” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Mount Vernon, New York, United States
“Great hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband has lived in Westchester for over 20 years and didn't know anything about this place until I read a story about its upcoming relocation in Westchester Magazine. We decided to seek out this hidden gem before it moved and we are glad we did. We must say that it's current locaton is very odd, but beautiful. As you turn onto a dead end street off the Post Rd., you are thinking to yourself "this can't be right." But then there it is. A 100 year old building and store front on a narrow (and I mean narrow) dead end street. I can understand why they are moving. The restaurant has a reasonable amount of tables, but I can't imagine what parking is like on a busy weekend night. Hopefully they can recreate the charm of the building and restaurant in its new location closer to downtown New Rochelle. The new building is a landmark too, but it will give them the parking and space they need to accommodate private parties.

But let's get to the heart of the matter - the food. I must say the personal pizza my husband ordered was very tasty. In fact he wasn't "really hungry," but wound up eating all but one slice. The crust was thin and crispy just the way we like it. I had a delicious chicken caesar salad, loaded with warm, juicy grilled chicken and a good amount of dressing (ordered on the side). We both can't figure out how we missed this place for so many years. We will be back and soon!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
New York City, New York
“Not great”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

You cannot get one slice of pizza here, you have to order an entire pie. It defeats the purpose of going there for lunch. I ordered a salad and it was a pre made salad probably from earlier that morning or from the night before, it was awful. Unless you going there with a bunch of people and have more than an hour on your hands there are really no other options for lunch. they are located on a one way street with no lot. I wouldn't go back.

Visited March 2012
New York, NY
“Wow. A must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

People come from as far away as Pennsylvania and as close as around the corner to enjoy some of the best Italian food there is. Period. portions are big, flavor is bigger. Basta!

Pelham, New York
“Local neighborhood red sauce place, very well done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

This place is the creme de la creme of "red sauce" restaurants. Absolutely delicious. Try the gnocchi bolognese, the penne alla vodka, the eggplant rollatini, and the chicken marsala. They are done better here than anyplace else I've been. Fresh, fresh, fresh. And the thin-crust pizza, done in a brick oven, is to die for. Ten stars!!!

Visited April 2012
new york
“Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

solid family Italian-not fancy-always good meal at fair price

Visited March 2012