“Glad I Stayed Here” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
New Hampshire
“Glad I Stayed Here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014

I had a studio suite with a refrigerator, stove, sink, and dishwasher. There was a little living room space, and a king sized bed. Everything was spotlessly clean and in great shape. I didn't need the suite, but it was literally the last thing available when I got there, and I didn't have a reservation, so I took it. I got complimentary parking in the parking garage, and there was free wi-fi that worked well. The staff was super friendly and helpful.

There are two restaurants across the street, and a movie theater just down the street about two hundred feet, so you've got food and entertainment options practically on-site. I was visiting New Rochelle for business with Iona College, and the campus was only about 5 minutes away by car. So if you've got a kid going to Iona, this would probably be a great place to stay when you visit them.

The next day, I had to fly out of Laguardia, and it took me about 35 minutes to get to the airport from the hotel, so that was another nice thing about staying at this location. I would stay at this location again without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, September 7, 2014
Thank you so very much, your review details the type of experience we aim to deliver to each and every one of our guests. We hope to have a chance to serve you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Bravo to everyone here at this hotel. The front desk, always helpful and friendly, because of surgery I asked for help with my bags. The first time he accepted my tip, but the next day he wouldn't take it. The rooms seem brand new. Very clean and functional; great for a working person. Breakfast on the 10th floor was great. Wow, can't say enough good things. I will definitely come again, when I return to this area!

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Thank you very much for choosing The Residence Inn By Marriott for your visit to New Rochelle. We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
New rochelle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The residence is a great hotel, they offer free breakfast and free dinners throughout the week. I tried to book a room online but it was full, when I called in Melissa was able to find me a room at a great price. She was even able to switch my room later so I could have a great view of the sound! Thanks Melissa for making my stay so enjoyable.

• Stayed July 2014
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
Dear Bdev481,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the New Rochelle Residence Inn. Every day our staff strives to exceed our guest's expectations and I am thrilled to hear the Melissa exceeded yours. Melissa is a great person to have on our team and we think she is fantastic also!

We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you visit New Rochelle!
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Stayed at Residence Inn in New Rochelle this past weekend. Staff was pleasant and room was clean. Management needs to work on breakfast staff. They were not friendly and slow in replenishing food items. Area looked extremely unorganized. Room was typical room in a Residence Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DanielleStumpf, Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, August 27, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Residence Inn-New Rochelle. I am so sorry our breakfast room did not meet your expectations. It is unfortunate that you viewed our breakfast as extremely unorganized. Each day my team and I set forth an excellent breakfast and our goal is to provide unparalleled service. .Thank you for your time, I do hope that you give us another opportunity to prove ourselves in the future
Vienna, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I'm a Marriott Platinum, so I'm generally pretty easy to please when it comes to Marriott branded properties. However, I was pretty disappointed with the Residence Inn New Rochelle during my stay in July 2014. I checked in mid-afternoon on a Sunday. Went to my room and found it pretty hot, which was not surprising considering the weather. However, I was disappointed to find that the property does not cool its rooms via a central thermostat for each unit, but rather via individual A/C units under the windows in the bedroom and the living room. While they did a perfectly fine job of cooling my 1 BR accommodations, they were extremely noisy, regardless of whether the fan speed was "low" or "high". My second complaint arose mere moments later, when I sat down in the living room to watch the World Cup final, only to find that the reception for the local NBC and ABC stations wasn't available because of a "weak signal" according to the TV. I called the front desk, and they were responsive, sending an engineer right away. He mentioned that he'd received about seven calls on the issue, and that he thought the weather had knocked out the reception. He was unable to address the issue from my room, but said that the game was on ESPN anyway, so I'd still be able to watch since I was getting reception on that channel. That turned out NOT to be true, as the game was broadcast on ABC. I wound up going to the Applebee's next door and having lunch and watching the game. For the duration of my stay, reception on the NBC and ABC channnels never was restored. Overall, this would not have bothered me much, but it seemed odd that they couldn't get the reception fixed sometime over an 18-hour period.

My final complaint was that the A/C unit from a window somewhere above my floor was dripping on my window sill all afternoon and evening. The sound was akin to a dripping faucet, and, while the noisy fan on my bedroom A/C unit helped to drown out the drips, I still found it annoying and disruptive.

The front desk staff was okay. I had not made a reservation prior to getting to the hotel as my plans were somewhat last-minute, but I had checked availability and pricing on the Marriott website. When I mentioned my Platinum status, I felt like I had to argue for my benefits. The front desk clerk asked "are you requesting an upgrade?" when I confimed my Marriott Rewards status. I thought that was a given if they had something to offer. Why wouldn't I expect an upgrade if they had one? I don't believe Residence Inns really have "upgraded" rooms to offer, but I thought she'd have automatically offered the best room she had in inventory. The check-in process seemed a lot more complicated than necessary.

I found the hotel to be adequately clean and the service to be acceptable, but not overwhelmingly impressive. I commented on the A/C units above, and other elements of the property left me with the feeling that it could use some updating. The complimentary breakfast on Monday morning was fine, and I found it to be fairly standard for the Residence Inn brand. I will give high marks to the view offered by the breakfast room, since it was ideally located on the top floor of the hotel.

Overall, my stay was "fair", at best. I don't usually care about the TV programming, but, given that I complained about it (and so did others, evidently), I would have thought the hotel would have remedied the situation fairly quickly. The noisy A/C units are a fact of life until they switch to something else. But I really found them to be distracting, and they seemed to be the cause of the drip that was also quite a bother.

I think the check-in process probably set a marginal tone for the rest of my stay, and the other items were just icing on the cake. The location was good, with reasonable dining and entertainment choices around the property, and I appreciated the relatively easy access to the Metro North and Amtrak station a couple of blocks away, but I don't know that this hotel would be my first (or second) choice the next time I'm in lower Westchester.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to give us your honest opinion. I apologize if your experience was not 100% satisfactory. I will review this comment with my front desk staff to ensure it does not happen again. If you would like to discuss your stay with me further, please do not hesitate to contact me. You can simply reply to this email or contact me directly at the hotel.. Our goal is to exceed each of our guests’ expectations.
Yorktown Heights, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

My wife and I checked in onJuly 8th, 2014 for a one night get-a-way with the family. The young woman/General Manager who check us in was awesome!!!!. (Oops forgot her name). I had booked a king 1 bedroom, and when my family and I arrived were rewarded for being a silver elite. I used to be gold elite so it felt great to be rewarded. We were upgraded to an executive suite, king. (Rm 600). It was great, my wife and I had our private Rm and our teenage daughter had her huge own space. AWESOME!!!! Upon checking out another GM was very nice as well. Danielle S. This was the second time we stayed here. Both times were great. We are now staying again on Sunday July 13th. This time it will just be a one night getaway for us two. Couples get-a-way. That booking will be under my wifes Marriott Rewards. We are both members. We look forward to another great stay..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Luis V,

What a TREAT reading your review! My team thrives on providing service to make your stays memorable and fun! We look forward to having you back tomorrow night and again and again in the future!

As always, we are all here to exceed your expectations. If there is ever any way I can be of service, please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

Have a memorable and fabulous summer!!

Danielle Stumpf
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I was looking for a hotel to host my daughter's 13th birthday slumber party that had room enough for about 10 girls. After visiting and getting a tour of the hotel I decided to book the presidential suite and the connecting double bed suite. It was perfect!! After my arrival plans got delayed the staff was gracious enough to extend the pool hours because the girls were really looking forward to swimming. We used the hotel BBQ grill which was prepared and lit as requested. Everything I asked for they provided in a timely fashion and with a smile. The rooms were spacious and clean, the appliances worked, the breakfast was good, and the staff was so helpful. From extra towels, to a last minute cot, I felt like there was nothing the hotel wouldn't provide if requested. They provided a sense of care and commitment to ensure I had a good stay that I couldn't have asked to be any better. I will be recommending this hotel to all of my family and friends and will definitely be back!!! Thank you sooo much Residence Inn!!

Room Tip: Presidential suite has lots of living room space; not all rooms have an oven, make sure yours does i...