“Steve Katz and Rose enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Deal
Free Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in New Rochelle
Brooklyn, New York
“Steve Katz and Rose enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

As Marriott Rewards members, we used our free room to stay here on Feb. 1st. The hotel was easy to find and has parking very convenient to the hotel. It is located next to New Roc City movie and amusements. I called earlier in the day to confirm my reservation and was pleased with Jameel, front desk. When we arrived he remembered the call and greeted us warmly. He reduced our parking in half and had our room ready early. The room was nicely appointed and handicapped accessible, as requested. Everything was clean and fresh. We went to the movies and dinner and returned to the hotel to relax. Once again, greeted warmly and offered cookies and bottled water (accepted with thanks). The next morning we had a delicious and complete breakfast buffet hosted by a nice young lady, who once again greeted us warmly. Easy to get back onto I-95. We were very pleased by the security at the hotel, which made us feel very secure. No complaints, only good memories. Stay here, you will be pleased.

Room Tip: My room was fine. First time at this location,
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Dear Steve & Rose,

What kind words you shared! My team and I can not thank you enough for your sweet review, and special mention of Jamal, our Guest Service Agent. Service is our number one priority in New Rochelle and we are so lucky to have guests like you share your experience with everyone. We pride ourselves in exceeding your expectations with having clean rooms, great (complimentary) food, and excellent service!

We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Have a wonderful week!

All the best,

118 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in September 2013 it wasn't what I expected I hated the breakfast the service was not in the best interest of my stat but the rooms were really spacious I'm giving it another shot for valentines day every1 deserves the benefit or doubt so I hope my lady is impressed I wonder if I can recommend certain colored room see you on valentines day

• Stayed September 2013
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Sha1200,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the New Rochelle Residence Inn. Each and everyday we strive to exceed our guests expectations; I do apologize the last time you stayed here we did not exceed them. I am happy to hear that you will be returning for Valentine’s Day. I'd be more than happy to assist you during this time with any requests; although I am not sure what you mean in regards to a color room?

If you have a moment please contact me at the hotel so I can assure your next stay will be great!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We made a wedding block reservation for our wedding this past NYE. We had 20 rooms reserved which were quickly booked up within the first month of our reservation. We worked with two sales coordinator, they both responded quickly to all our emails and were always available by phone.

We were upgraded to the one bedroom suite which was MASSIVE! full bedroom with a dresser, vanity makeup area and separate bathroom. The living room had a large open area near the TV and a nice open area for the kitchen and table area.
The continental breakfast was also great and helped us keep our wedding budget down since we did not need to provide breakfast for our guests the next morning.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for any event or overnight trip.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Lori,

Thank you so much for your kind words on Trip Advisor! Our Sales Coordinator, Najwa was so excited to read your message, and beamed with pride with your lovely words. It was an absolute pleasure hosting your friends and family on NYE! We were privellaged to meet you all, and thank you for choosing the Residence Inn, New Rochelle!

We hope to see you on your First Wedding Anniversary!

All the best,

Danielle Stumpf, Najwa Sobti and Team
Abingdon, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Overall a nice stay. Pillows are a bit uncomfortable. Flat ones were too flat and fluffy ones were too tall to sleep on. I recommend asking for a room on the side away from the post office. Trucks are loud! But the breakfast was above average and the room was spacious.

Room Tip: Away from side facing post office
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Cindy B,

Thank you so much for your review on Trip Advisor! It is always nice to have our guests share their experience with our hotel and team. Our brand has high standards for a beautiful buffet breakfast. The breakfast team at this property truly cares about the set up and offerings, we take great pride in our make your own waffle station, as well as our hot foods selection including but not limited to scrambled eggs, bacon/sausage, pancakes/French toast, potato pancakes, red potatoes and so much more! We also take delight in offering healthy options such as yogurt parfaits, fresh cut fruit, granola, oatmeal and assorted cereals!
Our rooms are spacious and our goal is to exceed your expectations for comfort, service, and cleanliness. I do apologize that our pillows did not accommodate you or exceed your expectations. Our standard is to provide a mix of both foam and feather pillows to please all guests. In the coming year, we are going to be providing exceptional queen sized pillows that I am sure will be an excellent fit for your comfort.

I will be happy to assist you in making reservations in the future should your travels bring you back this way, please feel free to contact me directly.

Have a wonderful Holiday Season!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is fine but I am pretty sure its being partially used as a shelter..during breakfast it was clear that the overwhelming majority of people staying at the hotel were there due to some sort of city shelter program...

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Seriousityelder,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor, I am so sorry our breakfast room did not meet your expectations. Each day my team and I set forth an excellent breakfast and our goal is to provide unparalleled service. It is unfortunate that you viewed our breakfast as some sort of city shelter program. My management team is certainly involved in community service and we do give back regularly, however we have not participated in any program that involves those charities on property or in our breakfast.
Our community service projects typically include us visiting other sites and providing some sort of visitation or labor for those in need. If time permits I would like to discuss your experience with our hotel further as this is certainly not an impression that we look to leave with our valuable guests!

I thank you for choosing Residence inn by Marriott, New Rochelle and look forward to speaking with you in the future.

Best Wishes for a Warm holiday Season!
Columbus, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very friendly staff! Check in was very easy and the room was excellent. Very clean and well appointed. Free breakfast was very good and the hotel is in a convenient location. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DanielleStumpf, General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Pvh16,

Thank you for your wonderful review about your stay here at the Residence Inn- New Rochelle. Our staff strives to exceed our guests expectations each and everyday! We hope when you travel back to New Rochelle we see you again!
minnesota, usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Spent three nights here, took the train into Manhattan each day, returned around 4PM. Train is three block walk, very convenient. It takes about 1/2 hour to get to Grand Central. Small shops surround the hotel with local flavor. Good breakfast, quiet suite with two TVs. Staff was very helpful and accomodating. Attached to a fun center with movies, bowling, mini golf, etc. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear shimizuMinnesota,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Residence Inn-New Rochelle. I am happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location with our accessibility to the Metro North Train Station. Hopefully you were able to have some fun in New Roc City also!

We look forward to seeing you during your next visit to New Rochelle!

Been to Residence Inn New Rochelle? Share your experiences!