“Big rooms and great service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in New Rochelle
NYC
“Big rooms and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

We got 2 rooms which are both 1 bedroom with separate kitchen and living room and they are huge! The TVs in the living room and the bedroom are flat screen TVs. They should really update their website pix. I like that there were lots of space for closet so it never felt cluttered with our luggage during our stay. The free breakfast was above average(chocolate chip cookie was great) and they also had free dinner although it was from Mon-Thu only but still not many hotels offer free dinner and I think they call this dinner socials (sorry i cant remember the exact name).
Staff was excellent too! We had early check in and the check out went very smoothly.
The only con for me was the decor wasnt modern. The only modern touch to the room was the TV but everything else looked so dated but not really a major issue for me.
Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lincoln, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I stayed here while attending a funeral in the area and it was very accommodating. The rooms are spacious, well kept and clean. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was extremely quiet. The hallways and public areas are well maintained, clean and pleasant. The breakfast room on the 10th floor offers nice views and is spacious. The quality of the breakfast is above average. The parking is in a garage and is secure. There are eating options within walking distance. The hotel has a seasonal pool that was closed during my stay. I would highly recommend staying at this property if you are in the New Rochelle area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

What a great experience...the hotel was clean and comfortable, the staff was friendly and breakfast was always fresh and healthy. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
The Hague, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

I have stayed at this property a number of times. I find it very convenient to walk from this hotel to restaurants, shopping, and the train station. If you fly into Newark, you can get the Amtrak train from the train station at Newark and come to the New Rochelle station, 2 blocks from this hotel. The Metro North Service into Manhattan (Grand Central) is also terrific.

The hotel is clean and comfortable. I have always encountered great service at the front desk. Sometimes Housekeeping is not consistent, but if towels or other supplies are needed, they are delivered promptly after a call to the front desk. I have utilized the laundry facilities several times, which is helpful. A daily parking charge was recently implemented, which I didn't prefer. But overall, the location, amenities and service made me overlook the parking charge and I will continue to book here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a floor with the laundry room if you intend to do laundry.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

I am Marriott silver elite member and this hotel was wonderful!! Special welcome with member names listed on front desk on day of check-in. Nice touch. In town with family for wedding. Great location with New Roc City right next door - so much to do with kids! Soo MANY restaurants within walking distance, it's hard to choose from.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite which was HUGE! Upon arrival, I did my bed bug inspection and came out bug free! Only bad thing was that I found - lots of garbage, hair balls, wrappers, toe nails, nut shells, etc. under all 3 beds. (Under the bed with a flashlight is part of my inspection). The room had every amenity you could think of and appliances weren't out of date - noted in previous reviews. Also, all 3 AC units worked fine - also noted in previous reviews. We had 3 flatscreens (one TV kept on loosing signal). Only thing missing is in-room safes. They do have safe deposit boxes at the front desk for free. I was traveling with cash and jewelry - so did not take advantage of maid service. Besides under the beds, the rooms are clean (even for accepting pets) and hotel is quiet, safe, and friendly. The garage parking is free and they even have close prioritized spots for guests!

EVERYONE at this hotel has EXCELLENT customer service!! One of our bathrooms had a clogged tub drain which was taken care of immediately. The bellhop, maids, employees riding the elevator, all were very pleasant and always greeted us. The girl who takes care of replenishing the breakfast, kudos to you! (No name tag) - She went out of her way to get others in my party coffee mugs, leftover containers, extra muffins and yogurt parfait's. The front desk staff is also fantastic. Cynthia brought us water bottles while waiting to check in on very hot day. They took care of everything from menus, printed computer directions, maps, and taxi's.

Other than that, the pool is small, but towels are provided. Just enough to cool off. The view for free breakfast is wonderful and the food is very good too. There are couple of entrees that change everyday. For fun, I recommend the glow-in-the-dark mini golf and bowling next door!! Didn't have time for an IMAX movie.

Room Tip: Rooms facing south have the best view of Hudson river- same as buffet breakfast
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel was nice. Staff nice. Area around the hotel ok. Some good restraurants within walking distance. Had a small issue but could not get the manager to call me back. Needed to contact corporate to get "M" to respond.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
NewRochelleAGM, Assistant General Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Thank you for staying with us during your time in the area and your kind words. I will pass them along to my staff. I apologize for the small issue you had during your stay with us. If there is anything else I can do please don't hesistate to contact me directly. 914-509-7844. Mario
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

This was my second stay at this site. This visit was pleasant. Upon arrival, about 4 PM, the rooms were not ready. the desk staff apologized and offered a bottle of water. The rooms were ready in less than 30 minutes. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I was surprised there was not a flat screen TV. the internet was slow. They layout was clean and modern. the bed was very comfortable. I found the parking confusing to find on first try. The breakfast and managers special was well attended to. I read about some residence using the site for temporary housing. This was noticeable but not a negative. There are some nice shopping, restaurants, and attractions nearby.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
NewRochelleAGM, Manager at Residence Inn New Rochelle, responded to this review, July 8, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback and coming back to stay with us again! We appreciate your loyalty and business! I apologize your room wasn't ready upon your arrival, and I'm glad the desk got you situated quickly. We have just updated all 124 rooms with brand new flat screen T.V.'s and a few HD channels too! We are currently working with Ibahn to upgrade the speed of our internet and the upgrade should be completed by end of August. Your 3rd time's a charm! We look forward to having you stay with us again and experience our upgrades!

As a Residence Inn we have many long term guest's that stay with us and use us as temporary housing until their home renovations are completed or due to work relocation. Our hotel works closely with insurance companies providing temporary housing for guests due to fire's, water damage, etc but we do not offer public assisted housing for guests in regards to section 8 etc.

Been to Residence Inn New Rochelle? Share your experiences!