“I no longer love this place.” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
New York
“I no longer love this place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

this time, I went alone. I usually go with others.. and alone with my impressions.. this time I realized the seats were very uncomfortable. I moved 3 times. all the same. they are just ok, but not comfy. why? I think it is stupid.

Despite my being here countless times, and only having two other tables occupied, owner never glanced up from his computer to say hello. Sangria as usual , excellent. salad as usual good but you know what? I eat out a lot ..including 3 meals a day for 3 weeks in Peru..and am not accustomed to such impersonal treatment after bringing at least a dozen friends .. ( who incidentally, do not understand my attraction). . I will say I saw the owner chatting very personably with someone who told me this was their first time there.
Last year he refused to honor my restaurant .com certificates, although he was still listed on their site. I think this is when his welcoming attitude ran out for me. I mean, why list yourself if you don't want a response?

this is no longer my 'go to' restaurant in Westchester.
Eating out in a small local place should be more than ok food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New Rochelle, New York
“Food was Good: The location next to our house!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

We live across the street so the convenience itself is a star. The food was good and we have a good time. I can't say it was extremely exceptional but it is definitely worth a try if you live in the neighbourhood.

Visited December 2012
Tuckahoe, New York
“Dishonest practice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had purchased a restaurant.com certificate a year ago for this restaurant and decided to use it last night. The owner of the restaurant said he pulled out of the restaurant.com program about 2 or 3 months ago and that he wouldn't accept my certificate. I showed him where I had purchased the certificate a year ago when he was in the restaurant.com program and then he said that those certificates are only good for 3 or 4 months. I told him this was not true and showed him where the certificate shows that it never expires. He said he still wasn't going to accept the certificate. I believe this is dishonest and I don't believe the owner fulfilled his affiliation contract with restaurant.com. Because of this, I had to pay an extra $25 for dinner that I should not have had to pay. If restaurant.com doesn't refund the money I paid for the certificate or allow me to change it to another restaurant, I will be out even more money.

Visited December 2012
Pelham, New York
“cholo's kitchen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here probably 10 times. One of our favorite casual restaurants.
Better Peruvian food than we had in Peru!.
Friendly staff, low key atmosphere.
Great sangria and Peruvian beers. My daughter likes their smoothies made with various fruits from South America.
My wife almost always orders the lomo saltado. I get one of the seafood dinners over rice. Doesn't matter.....everything is always fresh and great tasting. And filling. Can't go wrong here for dinner.
We've never had to wait for more than a few minutes for a table on a weekend night.
Metered parking on the street.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Family owned great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Love this little spot with great food, friendly people and Mom cooks in the back! Love this place for any night of the week. Gets really busy on Saturday nights you may have to wait.

Visited October 2012