My wife and I are both educators from northern New Jersey. We were suprisingly pleased that such rugged, natural beauty that is to be found in the Mohonk property is so close to home. Really, this kind of natural setting is something that is more typical of Wyoming than upstate New York, and it is spectacular.
The hotel is beautiful and historic; the main house is huge; with miles of hallways, beautifully decorated rooms, and carved, stone fireplaces.
The staff was exceptionally attentive, even going so far to retrive some needed items in our car for us.
The only issue is price. Our two-night stay was extremely expensive (over $1000). If Mohonk wants some return business from us, they should consider more afforable packages for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel, built in the 1860's and filled with charm...ideal for families in summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Mohonk Mountain House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mohonk House
- Mohonk Mountain Hotel
- Mohonk New Paltz
- Mohawk Mountain House
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz Ny
- Mohonk Mountain New Paltz
- Mohonk Mountain House New Paltz New York
- New Paltz Mohonk Mountain House Resort
- Mohonk Hotel New York