“Great Steaks !” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
New York City
“Great Steaks !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Very enjoyable dining with great steaks . The calamari & clams casino were superb .

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Millville, New Jersey
“Good place for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I had a very tasty lunch here. It is centrally located in the Middle of New Paltz, within walking distance of historic Huguenot Street.

Visited October 2011
Catskill, New York
“Cozy downstairs is deceiving, upstairs is hugh.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Had a drink at the bar, very pleasant bartender. It was a Saturday night about 7pm and we didn't really have a wait for a table. There is parking behind the restaurant which is helpful downtown New Paltz. Food was good, nice portions. I had the ahi tuna salad, cooked perfect. Chocolate lava cake was a bit dry.
We sat for a couple of hours and they didn't rush us out. The high ceilings, beautiful windows and woodwork are worth a climb up the stairs.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Paltz, New York
“Excellent Food, good service, nice atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I guess I'm enthralled with Barnabys. Every chance I get to eat there I do. The staff are helpful, friendly, attentive without being annoying. The food has always been excellent no matter what dish anyone orders. The atmosphere is great. There is exposed brick and stone, old building warmth, and tin ceilings all adding to the charm. I think the food is reasonably priced. Drinks can add up any bill but I'd say $25 + - per person. Definitely a go back!!!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New Paltz, NY
“Always a good meal at Barnaby's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

Recently visited Barnaby's for an casual Friday night dinner. My husband ordered Veal Picatta which was delirious! Sides of garlic roasted potatoes and asparagus were perfectly cooked. My crab cakes were mostly crab! Server was attentive. Our shared dessert was a moist and spicy carrot cake. I have seen some of the reviews and are sorry for their bad experience. We take out of town guests here for the food and ambiance. We live locally and have eaten here often. We have never been disappointed.

• 5 of 5 stars Food