“Overrated!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Wallkill, New York
“Overrated!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2011

I took my mom to lunch and was ignored by our waiter (old) as we entered. We weren't even acknowledged with a hello. Our food was a surprise. There were only about 7 raviolis on the plate. We also ordered a chicken "panini" which I assumed would be a hot sandwich. It was very cold and small! The waiter never asked how our meals were. He didn't refill our coffee. Our departure took a very long time as we waited for the bill and for him to take our payment. The atmosphere is beautiful. I felt ripped off! I may call to verbally complain.

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

new york
“Not worth going to!!! There are better restaurants In New Paltz!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

Is is not up tp pa;r the food has gone downhill along with the service.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

This place was worth the try. For Sure! Especially that they have a special on Tuesday when I was there: 10.95 pasta dishes with garlic knot and a salad. There was so many options for pasta dishes! Appetizer:
Steamed clams good!
Salad was good, but only had some onions as topping, not tomatoes, no olives, no carrots
Fried Calamari with red sauce topped with Gorgonzola Cheese.. This was good but I wish I would have asked for calamari to be cooked a little well done, I rather it more crispy.
Dinner: Rigatoni and meat sauce was so good and my friend had penne with chicken mushrooms and pink sauce - this was good as well!
Couldn't fit dessert. Staff was friendly.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
new york
“horrible service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2009

We are local and eat out in New Paltz every Saturday night, but after our recent experience we will never go back to La Stazione. We went at 7pm on a busy Saturday during leaf-peeping season, knowing we would have a fairly long wait. We were thrilled when we were told the wait would only be about 45 minutes. When my husband checked the reservation book at 45 minutes, we were up next. When he peeked again 15 minutes later he saw that the maitre'd had moved up another party of 6 to our spot. We then waited another full hour with no explanation of what happened to our table. We can only assume that someone slipped him some cash to get moved up the list. The wait service at that point was rushed and stressed, the servers were obviously not having a good time dealing with so many unhappy patrons. The food was OK, but certainly not worth the wait. A large table seated all the way in the back summed up the dining experience by making a loud public announcement sharing his feelings with all the rest of the patrons in the restaurant. Bottom line, if you want a long wait with a snooty maitre'd who takes bribes .... and you don't feel like going all the way to Manhattan for this type of service, then La Stazione is the place for you.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
new paltz
“Such a dissappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

My husband and I decided to go one evening for a drink and dinner. When we arrived at 9pm we were given dirty looks by the staff as it looked like they had wanted to leave early seeing as some of the diners were finishing up. I asked when the kitchen was closed and was told 11pm. Sounded great to us but still they looked as if we were making them stay at work late. We had one drink and ordered an app. I was thinking perhaps I was being too sensitive. Last summer my boyfriend and I frequented La Stazione at least once a week. This summer we are taking appetites elsewhere. Beso in New Paltz is wonderful and friendly! Its our new favorite place.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere