“Great find” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Dessert, Reservations
near albany
“Great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Made a reservation online and enjoyed a delightful dinner here. Staff was excellent, loved the warm, welcoming atmosphere. Two floors with small bar on first floor. Had the antipasti special appetizer, little neck clams, pasta bolognese, spring pea ravioli and fish special. Every dish was excellent; well prepared, fresh and delicious. (Can order 1/2 portions of some menu items.) Desserts were equally divine: walnut torte, gelato with espresso, chocolate/cherry semifreddo. Prices were quite reasonable considering the food quality; appetizers, salads, main courses, dessert and good bottle of wine - $300 for 6. Highly recommend.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Montclair, New Jersey
“Food and service couldn't be better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

It was my birthday yesterday and my husband and I went here for dinner! Everything tastes incredible and was presented well. Our waitress made recommendations and was attentive. You can get half or full portions for dinner which is great if you get a lot of apps. We shared the antipasti app special and it was completely vegetarian which excited my husband. There was homemade crostini and 2 kinds of salad. For dinner, I had Spring Pea (homemade) Ravioli with Blue Crab on top. The ravioli was so delicate and so good. My husband got Spinach pasta with vegetables. For dessert, he got a chocolate semifreddo and I got strawberry-basil sorbetti. It was delightful. I got a very popular drink at the restaurant called Gin and Jam. It came recommended by the waitress and was very refreshing! If you like local, homemade fare in a romantic (candlelight in mason jars), casual setting, I urge you to try this one! Make reservations. We called and left a message in the morning on the same day and we got a call back later that day. We had wanted to eat at 7:30,8 but they only had 6 or 9. We chose 9 but showed up a half hour early and they were able to seat us. This was a great day trip from North NJ. We did Walkway over the Hudson and then went over to NP and walked around. If you bring a change of clothes for going out to dinner, you can change in the public bathrooms at Water Street Market which is close to the restaurant. We will definitely be back. We love NP!

boston
“A Missing Ingredient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The food and service were excellent, though the menu is limited. If you expect linen tablecloths and cushioned chairs for $25-30 per entree you will be disappointed. Ordinary wooden tables and hard wooden chairs are the furnishings. And the noise level can be intense with low ceilings. I've rated this restaurant as high as 4 because of the food and service.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Paltz, New York
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

An inventive menu & attentive service in an attractive atmosphere. A Tavola pleases consistently. I'm a vegetarian, and the staff & chef have always been willing and able to create wonderful vegetarian versions of their dishes for me upon request. I love it!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Forest Hills, New York
“The food is GREAT, but it is the Customer Service that gives it a rating of 5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The staff at this restaurant go out of their way to make each guest feel special. The waitress explained each dish to us in detail, the bartender explained to my husband how to make the perfect Manhattan. The ingredients in the food taste so fresh and I am told that the chef uses locally grown seasonal foods.

Visited May 2014