“Clean, friendly, quiet hostel.” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added New Paltz Hostel to your Saves list
145 Main St, New Paltz, NY 12561   |
Dallas, Texas
“Clean, friendly, quiet hostel.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2009

I stayed here two weekends in June while climbing at the Gunks. I stayed in the shared room with 6 bunks. There were four of us and it didnt seem uncomfortable or noisy. I also stayed in the sunflower room with a private bath and shared it with another woman. The room is large, comfortable beds, clean. I love that there are no drugs or alcohol and a curfew, the hostel was very quiet when we were there and the service was excellent. I will stay there again the next time I climb at the Gunks. I think it is priced a little high for a hostel when a hotel room is only slightly higher in price, at least for the private room. There is a kitchen that you can use. We stayed in the downstairs rooms, the upstairs ones I believe they are remodeling which is good bc they looked like they needed it.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
gevalia1
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

I wanted to go climbing and backpacking at the Gunks and needed a place to stay with my friends for two nights. We got off the bus on main street and the place was right next door. It was a great atmosphere , free coffee, internet, wireless access, and use of kitchen. It was a much warming feeling than a hotel or motel that I would normally stay at.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to New Paltz Hostel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about New Paltz Hostel

Address: 145 Main St, New Paltz, NY 12561
Location: United States > New York > New Paltz
Ranked #1 of 2 Specialty lodging in New Paltz
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your New Paltz Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage New Paltz Hostel, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.