“Walking on Sunshine” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Palisades, New York
“Walking on Sunshine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We live close to Main Course so we go there often for lunch, dinner or snacks. It's delicious and they always have great specials to choose from. The food is from local farms and presentation is always top notch.

We chose Main Course to cater my daughters wedding this past weekend, We are so glad we did! From our initial meeting with Heather we were confident that they would do a great job. Between Bruce, the owner, Heather and Amanda we were always made to feel special and our business was important to them. They also calmed our nerves by always being one step ahead of the game.

The day of the wedding they were so accommodating. Since I am in the restaurant business too, it is very hard to sit back and hope everything gets done. I had no worries and they did not disappoint. I did not get a chance to eat much at the cocktail reception but my guests raved about the food. So many choices and they were plentiful!! I did have a chance to taste my dinner, I ordered the steak and it was perfectly cooked. Very delicious.

I have always loved Main Course, but now I love it even more! Thank you Bruce, Heather, Amanda and the entire team for helping us have the wedding my daughter dreamed of!!!

• Visited May 2014

New York City, New York
“really good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

we've stopped here several times on our way in our out of new paltz and the food has always been very good. it's a nice casual place where you order at the counter and can take your food to a table inside or out on the front porch. the prices are fair, but not cheap. the service has always been very friendly, but the real take away for me is the food -- kind of an updated version of comfort food. very tasty and well prepared. recommended.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New york
“Trip advisor has never disappointed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We were in New Paltz at lunchtime today and looked up trip advisor's reviews and selected this place. When you enter there are clipboards with the menu and the days specials, you can select what you want then you go to the cashier. we did not see the clipboards at first and went to the counter, read the specials and looked at the specials on display and the order. They ask your name and call you when your order is ready, it is prepared fresh for you. There are 2 rooms with tables, you sit where you like and you bus your own table. We had the chicken noodle soup and the chicken wrap, both were specials for the day. The chicken wrap came with potatoe salad and a pickle. The food had a fantastic unique taste, I could have eaten a plate of the potatoes. We will go back just to eat lunch there, not to be missed

Visited March 2014
Highland
“A little bit of everything”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I dined at Main Course in New Paltz for the first time today. They have menus on little clipboards so that you can leisurely pick out your meal, snack. I think this is great, because I hate that neck craning that I end up doing at some order-at-the-counter places. There is real silverware, and a little station for fresh water. I chose the lunch special that was a 1/2 sandwich and a cup of soup. This came with a salad. The food was magnificient. I truly relished every bite. The atmosphere is the only thing that rivals the food. There are beautiful pictures of some of the highlights of the Hudson Valley all over the restaurant. I ate underneath a picuture of the Hudson River. I ate alone and felt wonderfully comfortable. The dining area has a lot of natural light, and is the type of place where diners could spend a quick twenty minutes or two hours. I did not indulge in dessert, but will be back!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Paltz
“My favorite restaurant in New Paltz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Great service (because there is none), you order at the counter and pick up your own food, which is fresh, and always delicious. Wholesome, healthy food, sometimes comfort food, but amazing. Their brunches and desserts are especially good.

• Visited February 2014