“A Great Find” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
“A Great Find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We've driven through New Paltz several times and promised ourselves that we'd try to spend some time someday. Someday is now and Bridge Creek Cafe was worth the wait.
It's on r the second floor of a small cluster of shops and the setting is lovely.
We started off with a wonderful sweet potato soup, tastey and a bit spicy. The pear and praline bacon salad was wonderful. I had the catfish served over a delicious polenta. My wife's pork dish was not to her liking so she substituted lamb sliders on pita and baba ganoush, a great choice
The service was wonderful, the restaurant entirely delightful.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Saratoga Springs, New York
“An enjoyable lunch party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Seven adults and an infant, converging from different locations, chose this spot to meet for lunch on a Sunday afternoon. We made reservations in advance and found the staff very accommodating. We sat outdoors on a sunny day -- our table was mostly shaded by an umbrella, though not all of the table area was covered.

Our waiter was excellent -- attentive without hovering, responsive to our requests, and eager to please. We enjoyed a leisurely meal without being at all rushed. The hostess (owner?) checked in several times to be certain we were happy. Clearly they care about their patrons.

The menu was more limited than we'd expected. We'd been to this establishment under its previous ownership and, based on the reviews, expected a more varied and larger menu. Portions were adequate but not generous (and the gravlax was a very small portion). My crab cake was disappointing -- very average, though the salad that accompanied it was good. The lamb sliders were very good as was the burger (and the fries were exceptional). The kale salad was tasty, and the seafood bisque was very good (although the scallops in it were overcooked).

We like this location, the outdoor seating, and the attentive staff. We will likely return, but I'd like to see a few more options on the menu next time.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Upstate New York
“Sweet little find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

What a delightful little cafe that sits quietly above the Water Street market in quaint downtown New Paltz. Not an overwhelming amount of options from which to choose, but each of them were interesting. Lots of vegan, gluten-free and/or vegetarian options, however, my friend and I opted for the local-farm-raised (Rykowski beef) burger and it was 8oz of delicious! Servers were attentive and sweet. And y ou have to try to the home made sweet zucchini pickles!

Visited June 2013
Palisades, New York
“Bridge Creek Cafe is a Welcome Addition to New Paltz”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We are so glad Bridge Creek Cafe opened up in the former site of Harvest Cafe. What a difference. My husband and I had dinner there when they opened a couple of weeks ago. They have a great menu which made it hard to decide what to order. I decided on the dumplings and Thai Shrimp. My husband had the Kale Salad and Cod. We left nothing on our plates! My shrimp were the best I have at a restaurant in a very long time. You can tell they are using quality product and are paying attention to all the detail. My husband went back a couple days later to have the Kale Salad again because he couldn't stop thinking about it. I look forward to going back and trying everything. Good thing I live close.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Bridge Creek Cafe is NOT the Harvest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Don't get confused by any reviews dated before March 2013 which are actually for the Harvest Cafe. Bridge Creek Cafe is the same location, but different owners and completely different restaurant. We'd had a wonderful dinner at Bridge Street, but almost didn't go back after reading the reviews. I couldn't understand why most didn't match the really positive experience we had until I realized they were all dated before Bridge Creek even opened and were actually reviews of the Harvest (which I also didn't like).

We went to the cafe with 3 other friends and everyone tried something different and we were all happy with our choices. I had the beet salad and Shrimp with Sriracha sauce which had just the right amount of spiciness. My husband had the Crab Cake appetizer and Burger. He was very happy that it was a crab cake made of all crab and not mostly bread. I had a hard time deciding what to get since there were a number of options that looked interesting so we'll definitely be going back.

I gave the service "average' only because it was new (it had only been opened for a few days) and they were working out the kinks which I've heard they have.

• Visited March 2013