“The worst place to stay” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn and Suites

You added Rodeway Inn and Suites to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn and Suites
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   601 Main Street, New Paltz, NY 12561 (Formerly Days Inn and Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in New Paltz
Littleton, co
“The worst place to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We bought 2 nights through priceline for a $100.00 per night. It was 1 star which was all that was offered in New Paltz. The room was a smoking room, it stunk! Even as we woke during the night the stench was unbelievable. IT was the most disgusting room I have ever stayed in. The mattresses were stained, the towels were rough, we were afraid to stay there another night...we had gotten in late or we would have left the first night.
We moved to another hotel 30 minutes away even though we paid for 2 nights,as there was not way we could stay another moment in that room.
Never again will I stay in a roadway inn.

Room Tip: Drive down to Newburgh and get a hotel there.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Waterville, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Needed an affordable place to stay for a family party that was taking place in Poughkeepsie, NY. All the hotels in the Poughkeepsie area were overpriced so we decided to reserve in New Paltz. New Paltz is about 5 minutes and Poughkeepsie about 20 minutes from the hotel - perfect location. Rooms were clean and location was quiet. Check in receptionist was very nice. Only 2 disappointments that I had were that the Continental breakfast only had mini donuts and cereal for breakfast. Would have liked a bagel as it shows in the Hotel picture. And secondly, I think it is a little overpriced but would definitely stay again if I needed a room for the Poughkeepsie/New Paltz area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Rouses Point
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

First of all, you have to cancel 72 hours before in order to not be charged for the room which was difficult to do because I had only booked it 48 hours before. FYI on that. When we got there the room was so cold you could almost see your breath it took a long time to warm up, the TV remote didn't work, the toilet handle was missing so to flush it we had to take the back of the tank off and do it by manually and the hairdryer didn't work. The bed was clean and comfortable however. Will never stay there again and would not recommend it.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

Everything you could want from a budet road side hotel. Clean, comfortable, friendly, great facilities, quiet and good heating / air con.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

This motel is about two miles outside of the town of New Paltz. We stayed two nights, arriving around midnight the first night. The motel appears to be maintained to minimum standards, judging from the amateur job of patched cement on the sidewalk and other places where the cement has broken down and had not been patched. The bathroom in the room had a few maintenance issues, which were not urgent enough to address the night of our arrival, but which we brought to the attention of the front desk the next morning: there was no aerator on the fawcett, so the water blasted out, splashing all over the vanity, and the toilet seat did not fit the toilet, making it quite tippy. We returned to our room that evening, to find the issues had not been addressed. Breakfast consisted of two types of cereal, milk, coffee, bagels, bread, pastries and spreads such as cream cheese (no juice). Amenities in the bathroom included multiple bars of soap and one bottle of shampoo.

Highland, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

On Halloween 2011, my family, like so many others in the Hudson Valley, was without power. At 6:00 p.m. that evening, my seven-year-old daughter began having a severe asthma attack. She needed a nebulizer treatment (a machine is used to create a vapor of medicine to clear the lungs). After several minutes of her choking so hard she was vomiting, we got in the car and went to the closest motel. When we arrived at the Roadway Inn, I explained the situation to the attendant. She told us she had one room left, and that it would be $139.99 ( a weekend rate despite it being a week night). What could I do? I gave her a credit card, signed and quickly went to the room to connect the machine. Ten minutes later, my daughter was doing better. As we had the room, I suggested we drive home, get clothes and return for a shower. When we arrived home, our lights flickered and powered on as we walked in the door. We jumped back in the car, drove to the motel, and requested we cancel the room. We had been in it for ten minutes. We hadn’t even sat on the bed. It was less than 20 minutes from when we first rented the room, but the attendant said she could not refund the money or provide a discount. I gave her the keys and left. The next day, when I called the motel, a man answered. He said there would be no refunds and hung up. Admittedly, if I had been thinking clearly, I would have gone elsewhere for help. I’m sure the police or fire stations in the area would have helped us, as they did so many others. Not only did Roadway Inn take advantage of a horrible situation and inflate weekday rates in order to increase profits during the storm, they took advantage of a desperate, life-threatening situation. I’ve been told that had I complained about the state of the room (which would not have been difficult as it’s a cramped, smelly, dismal space), I’d have better legal recourse. It’s unfortunate, with so many responsible and community-minded local businesses struggling, that the Roadway Inn continues to operate despite its exploitative practices and the damaging treatment of its patrons and our community.

New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I just got back from a one-night stay at the Rodeway Inn in New Paltz. My daughter attended school in New Paltz for 4 years, and lives there now. We have stayed at two other "chain" motels prior to this one, and I have to say that I was a bit wary of staying at Rodeway last night after reading the horrendous reviews of the place. Nonetheless, I did. It was BY FAR the CLEANEST, quietest and most up-to-date place of all that I've been to. The place was immaculate, the lobby was clean, bright and welcoming, the receptionist was gracious, and the beds were clean and comfy. There was plenty of hot water and it as all clear, not black, as indicated in other review. As far as I'm concerned, this is where I'll be staying in the future as well.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Been to Rodeway Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!