“Wonderful B&B Berkshires” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Churchill House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Lebanon
Churchill House Bed & Breakfast
228 Churchill Road, Route 22, New Lebanon, NY 12125   |
Ranked #1 of 3 New Lebanon B&B and Inns
pa.
“Wonderful B&B Berkshires”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Thank you Laura, so much, for a wonderful experience in your delightful B&B. The accommodations were great. Nice soft cotton sheets! Love them! Beautiful area, your warm hospitality and graciousness. Delicious and beautiful breakfasts.........Comfortable bed - great location - no more than 20 minutes from almost anywhere we wanted to go. Love sitting on the porch and feeling the beautiful mountain breezes. Look forward to returning again.

Room Tip: The barn would be the newest room, I assume; however, the other rooms have more of the charm of an o...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
lauralappies, Owner at Churchill House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent stay! Having the four of you, was like having my brothers & sisters here! You were so much fun to visit with, and you definitely could have stayed much longer, in my book!

I actually sat out on the front porch yesterday evening with some college friends, and it truly is delightful! I need to do that more often! ;)

Thanks again, and I will look forward to seeing you in the future! Laura

P.S. So glad you found your sneakers!

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

What a great place to stay! This classic B&B is right off NY State Rt. 22 and near many fine attractions. And Laura, the owner, is one of the warmest and most affable persons I've ever met.

The decor is very inviting, such that you'll want to sit in the living room, or on the porch, and just take in the atmosphere for a while, perhaps even before heading to your room. The house is impeccably clean and organized and there's even a snack area with lots of things to choose from, including a refrigerator with soft drinks and bottled water. Now that's hospitality! Breakfast was delicious and beautifully presented. And Laura made sure to check to see if we had any food allergies or aversions.

My wife and I are NASCAR fans and were in the area for a car race at Lebanon Speedway, so if you're a fan as we are, you're no more than 10 minutes away.

My review title speaks to the perfect mix of modern and historic; plush carpet and air conditioning in our bedroom, but porcelain sink faucets and wide board polished floors in the bathroom (and a modern tub and shower that fit right in).

We're coming back, without a doubt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
lauralappies, Owner at Churchill House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent stay and your review! I thoroughly enjoyed meeting you both, and I'm happy you found me, so close to your Lebanon Valley Speedway destination! I love that you spoke of my modern, yet historic home, and that gives me more insight on how to continue to improve! Thanks again, and I look forward to counting you as some of my many returning guests! Have a wonderful summer, and enjoy the rest of your racing venues! Laura
Brooklyn, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Have stayed there twice this past spring. I'm disabled, & owner, Laura, went out of her way to be helpful in meeting my needs, as well as those of my two sons(19 & 26), & my sister, in the two rooms I needed both times. I wholeheartedly recommend this delightful b&b!.

• Stayed May 2012
So enjoyed meeting your sister, too, this last visit! "Hello" to your "guys," and I hope all is well! I'll look forward to seeing you again in the future, when you can come again to relax!
Happy Summer,
Laura
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

As someone who has been traveling for her whole adult life, I have stayed in many wonderful B&Bs, both abroad and in the U.S. Churchill House is by far the warmest, most pleasant, and most memorable of my experiences. Laura is welcoming, thoughtful, responsive, kind, and wonderful to talk with. Our family enjoyed our stay in the new Serenity Suite, where we slept beautifully and soundly. Laura provided incredible breakfasts both mornings, and was attentive to our every need. She exceeded the standard of other innkeepers in every detail. Her many talents ensured that we made the most of our time in a beautiful part of the world. Churchill House B&B is highly recommended and so is Laura!

Room Tip: If you are staying with a young child, the Serenity Suite is perfect.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Churchill House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
So lovely to meet your beautiful family, and thank you so much for sharing your "little prince" with me! He is just precious! Thank you very much for your complimentary review! I am so happy to have had you as guests at the Churchill House, and I do hope you'll make it back again in the near future! Happy Summer!!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

This is my second time around this is an amazing bed and breakfast. So warm and comfortable and once you come in you do not want to leave. Breakfast is great Laura is an amazing person and has a big heart.
Definital would stay here again and I recommend it To anyone.

Mo

• Stayed June 2012
, Owner at Churchill House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent stay! It was so nice to see & visit with you again! I hope now that your friend has graduated, that perhaps you'll still come to the area to see more, or perhaps you'll be able to visit Tanglewood sometime! It's truly a special experience! Thanks again, and I hope to see you in the future! Enjoy Yellowstone!!!! I hope to head there this Fall! Laura
Bloomfield, Connecticut
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

The innkeeper was not on premises during our visit so none of the "warm fuzzies" mentioned by others were received. No one was here to greet us. We had no ice for our water. There were no warm cookies for us--only one bottle of water in the small refrigerator. The towels were old and in poor shape. My husband used one unbeknownst to me and when I saw it, I thought it was a rag left bythe maid service because there were holes in it. We were supposed to have chambermaid service and our bed was never made. Though we were assured that the exterior door was never locked when there were guests in the house, we came back in the late afternoon to shower and change and the door was locked. Fortunately we had the innkeepers number (in Alaska) and she did direct us to a hidden key so we could get in. Room amenities were a bit scanty--ie. no hand lotion. The room price was exorbitant for what we received $179/night. We have traveled a lot and I rarely ever complain, but the value for the price was very definitely lacking

Room Tip: I just wouldn't recommend staying here for the price/value
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Laura L, Owner at Churchill House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
I am very sorry for your discomfort during your recent stay at the Churchill House. I do not expect my innkeeper to be onsite at all times, as she also works another job, and we are a B&B, not a full-staffed hotel. I do keep the B&B open 365 days a year, so it is wonderful when I am able to get away. When your husband called my cell in Alaska, I asked about the rest of the stay, and he assured me he loved the house, the room, that everything was wonderful, and he is looking forward to coming back to the Churchill House. I am so sorry that you felt differently, and I wish your husband would've let me know that you were dissatisfied at that time. My innkeeper truly did not know you were in the least bit disappointed. If there's anything else I can do to make this up to you, please feel free to call the B&B or my cell. I will be back at the house tomorrow. Thank you. Laura
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012 via mobile

Hands down the best B&B in the area. Stayed gere while visiting family in the area, but most stay here for Tanglewood or skiing. Feels like I'm on the set of a movie. Great room. Very comfortable. Free WiFi. Keurig coffee, warm cookies, soda, and water in the pantry waiting for me even though I got it late. But by far the best reason to stay here is Laura, the best proprietor you could imagine. Warm, friendly, and dedicated to making my stay enjoyable. Breakfast was amazing, and she even made the best gluten-free muffins I've ever tasted!

• Stayed January 2012
lauralappies, Owner at Churchill House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Thank you, Sephir, for your recent stay at the Churchill House, and for sharing your sister, Mom, and beautiful nephew with me! It was so lovely getting to know you all! Thank you for the wonderful review, and I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay, and my gluten-free muffins & cookies! Hope to see you in the future, and be able to meet your wife & son.
Laura

Been to Churchill House Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!