“Road Warrior Review” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York
“Road Warrior Review”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2015

This hotel is a dream for a road warrior working in the Mohawk Valley! I have had the pleasure of staying here on more than one occasion and have reservations for future trips already scheduled. The staff are outstanding from the front desk to the Moose River restaurant, to the Director of Sales & house keeping staff! This hotel is centrally located and easily accessible. The beds are comfortable and the pillows are to die for!! If you are in the area, I recommend you give them a try!

Room Tip: Road warriors staying more than one night would enjoy the kings size room with a couch, microwave an...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Amanda1777, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New Hartford, responded to this review, February 2, 2015
Thanks for expressing complete satisfaction with your overall stay experience – awesome too hear we exceeded your expectations with both visits. Providing inviting accommodations with a friendly smile and whatever it takes attitude is our culture, and something we take tremendous pride in delivering – thanks for noticing.
We value your business and hope to have you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2015

Good and comfortable stay. Close to restaurants and shopping. The hotels Moose River restaurant served a great breakfast. Great portions. Rooms were impressively spotless and clean. Free internet was great.

Green Features: Friendly and helpful staff that make you feel very welcome.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2015

I stayed for five nights while on business in New Hampton. The room was nice and clean. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and did a very good job of cleaning the room.

The cons: the refrigerator in room 129 did not work.

The two front desk employees seemed like they were aggravated to deal with a guest. (Thankfully, the housekeeping staff well outshines this)

Overall a pretty good experience with the hotel.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Amanda1777, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New Hartford, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I have addressed your concerns with our maintenance department in order to get the refrigerator fixed in room 129. I have also given your very nice comments to our executive housekeeper in regards to his staff. If you are in the Utica/New Hartford area again for business we hope that you chose are central location to downtown Utica and the surrounding areas.
Macedon, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

Reasonably priced. "Soft" pillows were fantastic. Huge bathroom. That's it. Trip Advisor shows "Free Breakfast" for up to 2 adults sharing a room. We were told we had to pay for breakfast. I am a loyal IHG member. I was greeted as such when checking in, but no IHG gift as I'm accustomed to receiving. The heater/air conditioner was OFF when got into our room at 10:30 PM on 27 degree night (November 14) Room was freezing. Had to turn on the heater until room was warm then dial it back at midnight. Turned it to midpoint of hot and cold to go to sleep. Woke up at 3AM sweating it was so hot in there. Not impressed at all. Checking out, I notified the guy at the front desk and he said he'd "have maintenance look into it". No apology or sense of remorse. Will not be staying at this Holiday Inn again. First unpleasant Holiday Inn experience ever! They strive for your stay to be "The best stay ever"....they missed by freezing us out right off the bat.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Amanda1777, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New Hartford, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay with us. I apologize that it was not the best stay. I have spoken to the housekeeping manager in regards to making sure that the heat is turned on for the rooms that will be occupied, and I have also spoken with the front desk associates in regards to the welcome that you should have received being a valued IHG rewards member. I hope that if you do return to the Utica area in the future you will give a chance to show you that we can and that we will do better.
Utica, NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

Had my baby shower here in October, food was excellent. Unfortunately, the sole server for my shower was incredibly rude to myself and my family. Numerous times. My family and I tried to not let it ruin our day, but something as simple as asking for our empty water pitchers to be refilled should not have been such a battle. We asked for the pitchers to be refilled half-way through the three hour shower, and they never were. I worked in this hotel years ago as a sales manager, and while I was happy to see the food and décor are still great, it was upsetting to deal with such a rude employee. I will no longer recommend this hotel for people's events, as I asked for a manager to contact me regarding this situation, and no one has despite the fact that it has been weeks since my shower. What a shame. Hopefully the management of this hotel will not respond to this deplorable service with simply a trip advisor response, but with an actual phone call or email. They have my contact information after all! I do not believe a simple, "We are sorry to hear of your experience and will re-train our staff on customer service, etc." will cut it here. Two stars because a one star would be un-fair to those who prepared the food.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Amanda1777, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New Hartford, responded to this review, November 12, 2014
Kristen,
Thank you for letting us know and I will have Chris contact you as soon as she can.

Amanda

Travelers are raving about these New Hartford hotels

Westchester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

This hotel is convenient, pleasant and reasonably priced. It was clean and the beds were very good. It could use some updating but overall, it is better than most other places in the area. Staff was pleasant and helpful. They will also permit dogs. Was also very quiet. Will stay there again.

Room Tip: Think all jars good except rooms away from lobby don't have easy access to elevators and will ne...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Amanda1777, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New Hartford, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you had a wonderful stay with us and we are happy to here that you will be back. Thank you again and we look forward to having you as our guest in the future!
Swansboro, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014

the hotel is in very good condition...all new furnishings...and that is the end of the good news.....when you arrive the doors pull out...making it very difficult to negotiate luggage coming in....the room....no microwave or fridge.....in the bathroom the only plug was on the far wall....making it impossible to blow dry my hair...yet there is a phone jack next to the mirror?????...rm 108.....when we checked in I went to take a shower immediately and found soap and shampoo from the previous guest in the shower....when I called to report my disgust...I was told by the mgr that he could give us another room close by to take a shower....NOT the response I expected .I was not shuffling back and forth to get ready for dinner,,,,....I question the cleanliness here....restaurant is sub par for breakfast....pricey and poor service....no coffee available in the lobby!!!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Amanda1777, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn New Hartford, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
Our sincere apologies for the recent experience you had with us. Cleanliness and condition is something we take great pride in and we’re extremely disappointed to learn of what occurred during your visit. Responding to guests needs is another area we usually excel in, so I will address the specifics of your claim in detail with the appropriate departments immediately to ensure we maintain our high standards of service and satisfaction.

Been to Holiday Inn New Hartford? Share your experiences!