“Surprisingly good 'middle eastern' food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kansas City, Missouri
“Surprisingly good 'middle eastern' food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great service. The lunch buffet has plenty of variety. The menu offerings are extensive. The flavors are wonderful especially the humms! The lamb kebobs were also quite tasty. Made for a great meal to end our business trip.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Hartford, New York
“Highly recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Best Middle East Restaurant in Central New Yok.
George, the owner always comes to greet us upon arrival (I'm crippled) and check on us after each dish is consumed.
The waitresses, Yelena and Nadia are the epitome of excellent service and courtesy. The food is superb and the wines from Lebanese vineyards, especially "Ksarah" is excellent. Best place to celebrate my 67th birthday.

Visited March 2014
Upstate New York
“Fantastic Food, Bizarre Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

The Phoenician is a casual restaurant located in an older, bungalow type home. Three small dining areas make for a homey feel.
First, let me state that the food is consistently delicious. Kabobs and other Mediterranean delicacies are created by an adept husband/ wife team in the kitchen. If you happen to be there on a Saturday night try the raw kibbeh.(it's the only night they serve it).
However, I must warn you that the service is absolutely horrible. Not that they're rude, but rather clueless, forgetful, and completely unorganized. Appetizers are late or served after your entree, drinks are infrequently refreshed, and customer satisfaction doesn't seem important. Hour and a half waits for kabobs is common there but unacceptable.
It's a shame that the owners have allowed the service to get away from them. After many years and numerous meals at this restaurant, I feel that it's no longer a viable choice for me.
Too bad because the food is tasty.

Visited March 2014
New York City, New York
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Was recommended to try out this restaurant by one of my colleagues.
Took a day trip just for the drive, some shopping, then ended off the day with an excellent experience at this restaurant.
Decor is average, casual atmosphere.
Service was excellent, waiter attentive.
Appetizers were large portions, and we were pretty much full after our appetizers.
Was expecting perhaps small portions for the entree, but regardless we thought we just take it home.
When we got our food, we were again surprised by the generous portions. What was even more incredible was the quality. Seasoning was superb, meats cooked to perfection.
My wife had the lamb skewers, I had beef, served with rice.
We ate about half, then took the rest home.
The last shocker was the bill. I've easily paid 4 times the amount for crap food.
Although I hate using the word value as it implies mediocre/fast food, this place is excellent quality food, excellent value.
Highly recommended and we are already talking about our next trip to visit the Phoenician.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The Phoenician serves freshly made authentic Lebanese dishes. The lunch buffet is awesome all week long. The Wednesday nite buffet is my favorite because I love the lentil dip! Some people may be expecting more attentive service but it's family owned & operated and they treat you like family - you come in, find a seat, eat & visit - its hospitality! You will love it -

• Visited October 2013