“A Gem!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 83 Restaurants in New Hartford
Cuisines: Indian
“A Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

This place is wonderful! Because we did not have any experience with Indian dishes, our server asked which we prefer--beef or chicken. We chose chicken and our server took it from there! He brought a wonderful appetizer and two entrees. Delicious and wonderfully fragrant. He then surprised us with dessert--also wonderful. The price is more than reasonable. Don't pass this great restaurant!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ghaziabad, India
“Home food out side home”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I am a regular to this place. The buffet during the weekdays is good but not excellent. They do not have buffet during the night. À la carte is the option.
During week ends they do have buffet which is costlier by a dollar or so, this is because they have Lamb instead of a chicken curry.
The best item I found is the chicken curry, which complements my taste bud. Also the Tandoori Chicken and the Tandoori Naan are good.
My friend always gave me mixed response when I asked about the restaurant, probably because everyone has different taste choices.
"Take away" is also available here. So one day if you do not feel like cooking at home, you can try them. Stuff are really friendly and treats you nicely.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Utica NY
“Food here is very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Authentic Indian food - Halal as well -- very delicious, service good, one of my favorites - they have a tasty inexpensive luncheon buffet as well as a dinner menu - take out and delivery are also offered

Visited August 2013
“Best Indian food in central NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

The food is great, and the price is great! If you and your family are looking for good Indian food and nice service check out Taj Mahal Indian Restaurant. I am German so I didn't think I would like Indian food until I took a bit of food from Taj!

• Visited July 2013