“New Years Eve Turning Stone Casino Get Away” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Points Package!
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in New Hartford
Rochester, New York
“New Years Eve Turning Stone Casino Get Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I decided at the beginning of December that we wanted to go to the Turning Stone Casino to check out its music scene for New Years Eve. By that time, all rooms on the premisces had been longed booked. Although the casino was a disappointment ( smoky and over crowded environment), the Hampton Inn we selected 20 minutes from the casino was a real treat. We stayed in a accessible room because of ambulatory issues I have and the room was huge and spectacular. Very tastefully/richly decorated, this room had a large flat screen tv, internet access, a large bathroom with walk in shower and the most comfortable beds that we have got accustomed to staying at this chain of hotels. The living room was so large we could have host our own New Years mini dance party! We had booked online at a huge discount and found that the quality of the amenities were an incredible value for the budget oriented travelers that we are. We arrived around 8pm and were greeted with coffee and fresh cookies. There were several restaurants in the direct vicinity of the restaurant and its short driving distance from the casino made it a great find! The only regret is that we woke up to late for the complimentary breakfast. Expanding the breakfast window until 11 am on week ends would be a great plus!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I recently had a chance to spend a week in this hotel and I have to say that it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. It is very well kept, the breakfast is wonderful and the staff couldn't be friendlier or more helpful. While we were there a snowstorm dumped more than a foot of snow on the area. When we woke up in the morning we found that employees were clearing off our car as well as the other cars in the parking lot and they were shoveling around our car so that we would be able to get out. Wow! Talk about customer service! One afternoon we were enjoying the indoor pool and it wasn't warm enough...it was ok, but not as warm as we would have liked it. We called the front desk and they sent maintenance who turned the water temperature up 5 degrees, making it perfect. At one point I wanted to use the fitness room at 5:45am but it did not open until 6. The woman at the front desk opened the door for me and I was able to start my workout early. This place really knows how to treat their guests and make the stay more than enjoyable.

The room we stayed in was large and clean, although it did have a few quirks, but I thought that gave it character. The bathroom light was is the outside of the room, so while one person is using the toilet or shower, someone else can turn the light off and there is nothing you can do about it! My son thought that was most amusing. Also, the sink is outside the bathroom but there is no place to hang a towel for drying your hands near the sink. We ended up just hanging the towel on the handle for the bathroom door.

If you are staying in the Utica area, I highly suggest you check out this Hampton Inn! I'd love to stay there in the summer....they have a wonderful patio with a firepit that I was unable to use since it was covered in a foot of snow, but I imagine it is beautiful. Also, the indoor pool, I have been told, has doors that open to the patio, making it an indoor/outdoor pool when it is warm enough. Nice. :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Rochester, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My family and I stay only at Hampton Inns when we travel. We really had an enjoyable experience overall. I was disappointed in the quality of the breakfast and I did not like that the pool was freezing....the doors to the outside have a gap underneath them which meant a cool breeze was blowing in the whole time. Also, I know that they are not responsible for lost or stolen goods but I forgot my boots and a camera in the room. I called to ask about the boots and was never called back. Where would those items have gone....I called soon after I realized I had forgotten them. It was also priced higher than other Hampton Inns that we have stayed at.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed there a few weeks ago, The hotel was BEAUTIFUL.... I was greeted at the door by the friendliest staff. The girl at the desk was very helpful w. directions. To make a long story short, I came to the desk to request a wake up call. I know it was set because I watched her do it. The next morning... NO WAKE UP CALL!!!. Zit was no big deal. I was upset but the girls at the desk as well as housekeeping were VERY apologetic.. HOWEVER.. I asked to speak to the GENERAL MANAGER to complimemt her staff... I overheard her tell one of the girls "well what do they want??.. Tell them I'm busy." which I thought was EXTREMELY RUDE. I sat in the lobby to wait for the car and she walks out w. a tray of cookies. REALLY?? busy huh??

• Stayed November 2012
Donna H, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford / Utica, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further and have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.
Milford, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I travel to Utica NY several times a year and had previously stayed at the Hampton Inn Utica. My client recommended this location after it opened up in September 2012 and it's the same distance from the company, so I decided to give it a try.

Everything is of course brand new, which is always nice. They have a well-equipped workout room, with 2 elliptical machines, 2 recumbent bikes and 2 or 3 treadmills, plus weights and other strength equipment. A big plus for me! There is a shopping mall with a number of restaurants (Outback, Red Lobster, a sushi place, etc) just off the road to the hotel, and the hotel also has a little convenience store with frozen dinners, ice cream, and various snacks- I love this option for times I just don't feel like going out to eat or trying to find a place that delivers.

My only complaint is that the shower in my room was only a shower stall, with no bathtub. Not that I would necessarily take a bath, but the shower head was extremely high and as a 5' tall woman, I could barely reach it to change the water settings. If there was a bathtub, I could stand on that to reach the shower head. I don't know if all the rooms are like this, but I've stayed there twice and both rooms had this type of shower.

Also, the one thing the Hampton Inn Utica has that this one doesn't is a nightly reception, where they put out soup or chili, cheese and crackers, or other little snacks. This location has cookies in th evening, and there are apples, but nothing else.

Overall, the convenience store, excellent workout room and proximity to decent restaurants are a big plus, so I have to give this Hampton the edge over other area hotels. I've stayed at a few and this is definitely the best!

Room Tip: Rooms may not have a tub- ask if any are available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I must send a huge "Thank You!!" to Mike the manager. This hotel is wonderful. The staff, the food, the rooms, the decor, the setting (sits next to an apple orchard), and a kind and helpful man running the show (Mike). We'll be back and we'll be suggesting this property to everyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
MichaelCunniff, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford / Utica, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Diane,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will visit us again should be you be in the area.

Thanks again!

Mike
Ocala, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We checked out this morning and realized we had left our IPad on the bed. There was a rather aggressive maid trying to get in to clean the room--so in our haste , it was overlooked (folded up in the bedding.) A mistake on our part, but one easily fixed . We discovered the error very quickly , since it was my sons and he intended on using it for travel-so we were able to contact the hotel right away. At first we were told, it had not yet been turned in--so we optimistically followed up 2 more times and put travel plans on hold in order to go pick it up (since we were sure that the maid retrieved it when she was changing the bedding and would turn it in for safe keeping at her first opportunity). Boy were we wrong. We even went back over this evening to follow-up just to be given the run around by the front desk. We will keep trying to recover it but based on the lack of concern by the staff as to its whereabouts- we are losing hope that the employee that handled the Ipad after our departure was an honest one.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We would like to apologize for the delay in returning your iPad, but were very happy we were able to locate it and return it. We hope you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you stay again should your travels take you to our area.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Hartford / Utica? Share your experiences!