“Not quite clean enough for my tastes” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Middletown/New Hampton

Days Inn Middletown/New Hampton
You added Days Inn Middletown/New Hampton to your Saves list
Days Inn Middletown/New Hampton
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4939 Route 17M, I-84 Exit 3E, RT 17 W exit 123, New Hampton, NY 10958   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Hampton
Pleasant Hill, California
“Not quite clean enough for my tastes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here for one night on the way from Massachusetts to Florida. We came in without a reservation. The rate was ok - under $100 for 3 people. The continental breakfast was adequate, but not great. I ate a toasted bagel with cream cheese and a banana. I just didn't feel like the room was clean enough. I could see where there were smudges of some sort on the light switches, etc. And the upholstered chair in the room was absolutely disgusting - lots of stains in the fabric.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dover, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I found the hotel/motel to be quaint. It appears to be operated by a younger "Mom and Pop" couple with children. The property is nicely landscaped. I stayed in a room in the building attached to the office. Check-in fast fast and pleasant. I asked if the room I'd be staying in had a microwave and refrigerator. The answer was "no", but he quickly and effortlessly switched my room to another one that did! The room was comfortable and spacious, and appeared clean to me. The decor looked freshly maintained, and the furniture also appeared newer. No flat screen TV, but the picture and channel selection was still great. The continental breakfast was larger than I've seen at other hotels. A large selection/variety of bread, muffins, bagels and also nice gourmet-style cinnamon rolls. Four types of cold cereal, where most only have two. The coffee was excellent, and they also had tea, hot chocolate, milk and juice.

Room Tip: If road noise bothers you, request a room further away from the office.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

It was tough to choose a rating for this hotel. Two stars seems overly harsh, but three is a bit generous. There weren't many options in the location I wanted to stay on this night, and we seemed destined on this trip to find mostly Days Inns. The rate seemed unduly high for what we got, but I probably should not have been surprised, being this close to New York. It's hard to mentally adjust to the change in 3 days from West Virginia to Pennsylvania to New York.

The property is nicely landscaped, the lobby looks very nice, and you could park at your door, which is always a plus for us. The managers were friendly although sometimes distracted by the need to attend to their children. We were put into a room which was way too tiny for its two double beds, and probably smaller than many walk-in closets. It also did not have the refrigerator and microwave advertised. The manager told us there was no space for them in that room, and moved us to a larger room of the same type.

That was fine, but it was a very hot day and the air conditioner was turned off in that room. It was bedtime before I felt cool enough in the room. We also tracked grass clippings into the room before the manager came around with a broom and swept off the sidewalk.

The mattress was fine and I slept well (now that the room was cooler. Breakfast was well-maintained and featured a good selection, better than the previous Days Inns on this trip.

The review asks about a fitness center, but I didn't see one. I think there is a pool, but thunderstorms started just as we arrived so I didn't look for it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Middletown/New Hampton? Share your experiences!