“Incredibler Find!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Incredibler Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The owners are from NYC and have found a great way to present farm to table dinners and lunches. The atmosphere is like a cafe with a deck overlooking the Delaware River. The chickens are fresh from the local farms and are delicious!! The staff is very friendly and made our night lots of fun. We ven stayed for drinks and laughs as they decorated for Halloween!!

Visited October 2013

93% Recommend
Harveys Lake
“Keep Driving”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

My husband and I stopped here for breakfast on our way through town. We should have kept driving but we were both starving and there weren't many choices in the area. First of all it is way overpriced! Before you sit down make sure to look at the menu. I don't mind paying for good food but this was not what I expected. I ordered the scrambled eggs with cream cheese. This came with about two tablespoons of homefries which were cold and over cooked, some greens and a half a slice of toast which was also cold. The half a slice of toast was not buttered so I tried to butter it at the table but the butter was hard and the toast was cold so it was tough to do. You would think for $14.95 you would at least get a whole slice and the food would be hot. I guess that was a lot to ask. My husband had the patty melt and french fries. He said both were excellent. This was also $14.95 but slightly more worth the price. We both had regular coffee and water. The service was terribly slow. We waited 40 minutes for our food. After 35 minutes, I found our waitress and asked to pay for our coffee as we were going to leave because it was taking so long. She looked at me like I was nuts and wanted to argure that it wasn't taking that long. She assured me our food would be right out. I told her we would wait 5 more minutes but if it wasn't out, we were leaving. I honestly don't understand all the great reviews of this place. In the end, what was suppose to be a nice breakfast cost a cool $50. 100% not worth the money. By the way...there is no salt on any of the tables. You actually have to ask for it if you want it. They must be rationing salt in Narrowsburg. We will never be back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
gidget19711971, Owner at The Heron, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience at The Heron.
As you mentioned, of course you should always check the menu before you decide to sit down & dine. With that said, the prices that you mentioned of the items you ordered are incorrect - the local scrambled eggs with cream cheese, potatoes, local greens, house made dressing & toast point is $11.00 & the jalapeno cheddar melt with hand cut fries is $14.00. It was our decision to not put salt on the tables, however, we do have salt on request. The same goes for the toast - if you would like more, we offer it at no extra charge. Sadly, we throw a lot of toast away & in an effort to cut down on waste, we offer a toast point but gladly give more with no attitude or issue. We realize that our farm to table restaurant is not for everyone but we do appreciate your opinion. Thanks again for your feedback.
Pennsylvania
“Way over priced but nothing comes close in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Food is good . Service is good . How do they get away with these prices? The area restaurants are abysmsl at best.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Don't miss this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Excelled in every way w food - could use some good microbrews on tap - use local products - service a bit slow, but really excellent

Visited July 2013
New York City, New York
“A reason to go out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

There has been a void of good restaurants in this part of the world for a long time. We live across the river in Lackawaxen and had decided to just cook for ourselves and not bother going out anymore. We were always disappointed and everywhere is a long drive for us. We tried the Heron for lunch today and we loved it, well worth the drive. Wish I had gone long ago! Great food and menu (modern comfort), really nice staff, stylish design, warm vibe. We had the parmesean chicken wings, shrimp cocktail, goat/beat salad and a paytty melt. Superb! Can't wait to go for dinner and can't wait to have a few cocktails on the eddy view patio this summer.

• Visited June 2013