“Happy surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 hotels in Nanuet
Stratford, New Jersey
“Happy surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My company arranged this last minute business trip in Nanuet for five days. I need the money so I agreed, I knew they would shop for a bargain so I was delighted at what I found when I checked in.The staff was very pleasant and made my laugh after a long journey the night after Christmas. Everything was absolutely perfect. Comfortable bed...excellent shower and facilities, good coffee..clean. I was delighted. The breakfast provided is outstanding. I have been in much more expensive hotels and they did not please me like this place. I will stay here next time no matter what the other places are charging.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Kelvin S, General Manager at Days Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Richard R, Thank you for the excellent review! We are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Nanuet
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Ok stay in a pinch...would stay there again but worth about 70 a night...not 90. You will have great space and appliances. Towels are hanging on threads. Nice shower massager. Good continental breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Kelvin S, General Manager at Days Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent stay with us at the Days Inn Nanuet. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our continental breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future!
Vernon, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have been staying at this hotel since March 2013. I work on the other side of the Hudson and stay here 4 nights each week. The main reason I stay here is what you get vs the price you pay. I could stay closer to work but I don't want my out of pocket expenses to be $120+ per night when I can almost half that cost here.

The Good:
Clean Rooms
Good TV
Great Internet
Room is well insulated
Room well equipped with microwave, iron/board, fridge/freezer, coffee machine
Close to Shops/Restaurants
Plenty of parking
Use of outdoor pool/nearby gym
Front Desk
Any problems were sorted immediately without fuss

The Bad:
The bed linen clean but needs replacing
Better coffee
Poor breakfast
Corridor outside the rooms smells and needs updating

In summary:- you can pay another $40+ a night at nearby hotels but this place is still better. It's not a 4 or 5* hotel but its a very very good 2/3*, so don't expect 4 or 5*. Its clean. It's comfortable. It's great value and it has everything you need for a perfectly reasonable stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Kelvin S, General Manager at Days Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Mark W, We appreciate your kind comments regarding your most recent stay with us. We also apologize for the quality of our breakfast. However, we are planning to implement a brand new assortment of items for our continental breakfast starting January 1. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
New Hartford, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much. Check in and check out were efficient, courteous and friendly.
The room in which we stayed had been redecorated recently, and very attractively done.
The room contained all the amenities we needed, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, iron
and ironing board, etc., and the room was very clean. Bed comfortable with five pillows.
We look forward to returning to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kelvin S, General Manager at Days Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Gail44111,
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in ensuring each and every room meets a guests' expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

even when I lived in the area I would periodically stay here just add a get away now that I live in va I stay here whenever I visit. it's close to the highways min from shopping and close to the park and ride. the lobby it's always very clean and the rooms are very spacious

• Stayed September 2013
Kelvin S, General Manager at Days Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear JD Sullivan, Thank you for the excellent review! We consistently receive positive feedback from our guests regarding our staff. Our hotel's accomplishments would not possible without their hard work and dedication. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Been to Days Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!