“A+ experience!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Vestal, New York
“A+ experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2008

I've always found Hampton Inns to be consistently good and this one is no exception. This location was very convenient to shopping, restaurants and highways.

We got a good deal on the king jacuzzi suite and were very pleased. The room came complete with a small kitchenette which included a sink and microwave. The king sized bed was comfortable and the room itself was spacious.

The jacuzzi tub filled most of the bathroom which included a (very) small shower stall as well. Figuring out how to adjust the water temperature in the tub proved to be difficult as the knobs weren't marked. The shower water controls were also tricky but overall, we were very satisfied.

The customer service was tremendous and the free breakfast Hampton Inn is famous for didn't disappoint.

I highly recommend staying at this Hampton Inn.

• Liked — Friendly staff, full breakfast, location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2008

I stayed here with my best friend and 7 11yrs olds. We got adjoining rooms upon check in and I must say the rooms were NICE and the service was EXCELLENT. Staff was friendly and accomodating. A geat place to stay and very AFFORDABLE. I plan on staying there again.

• Liked — I was able to get adjoining roms last minute...beds were nice and comfy and was able to get extra stuff such as pillows, blankets with no hassle
  • Disliked — there was nothing not to like. Place was awesome
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

Hotel was quite, easy access to I-287, local Metro station, several shopping areas, restaurants, and Paslisades Shopping Center. Hotel staff was friendly and provided clean rooms.

Finding entrance is a little tricky. Depending on the direction you have to head at least one stop light in the other direction to find the entrance. Entrance could be updated with extra lighting and signs.

• Liked — Location within the distance of Metro station to NYC
  • Disliked — drive way location.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Woodstock,NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2007

I booked this hotel based on Tripadvisor reviews. Everything seemed fine-- until morning when I got into the shower and could barely get my hair wet. Well I do have thick hair, but that is no excuse. I will not stay there again. And I do visit that area a lot.

• Liked — Location, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Shower, nobody to talk to at front desk upon checkout
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2007

We stayed at the Hampton Inn Nanuet for one night.

Location was excellent - very close to I-287. Hotel website gives perfect directions to get there.

Room was clean, breakfast was excellent - better than the typical HIs.

Only 40 mins to NYC.

• Liked — Location and Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Huntington Beach, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2007

September 18, 2007 – I spent one night with business colleagues at the Hampton Inn in Nanuet New York. The hotel is located adjacent to the eastbound off-ramp at exit 14 of I87/I287. Check-in was fast and our reservations were in order. Each of the three of us received King non-smoking rooms as requested.

My room was number 108 on the ground floor. The best features of the room for me were the very comfortable Cloud 9 bed and the large work desk. The hotel offers complimentary high speed internet service. Speed was acceptable clocking 484 KBS on download and 220 KBS on upload speeds using the Speakeasy Speed Test. I was able to connect to our corporate VPN easily.

My room was somewhat noisy due to rooms on West side of hotel facing the off-ramp from the interstate. As far as I can tell, rooms X06-11 and X13, X15, X17, and X19 face the off-ramp.

One complaint about my room was that there were no sheer curtains, only black-out. I had to keep black-out curtains closed because you could look directly into room from parking lot. I don’t know if my room was missing them all rooms are the same.

The Cloud 9 bed was very comfortable. There were both feather and foam pillows. The Hampton Inn clock radio is useless and frustrating. It is very difficult to set or adjust the time. Lighting in the room was very good. Except on the desk, outlets are hidden making plugging in stuff more difficult that it should be.

The bathroom was well lit. There was no bath tub, only a stall shower. This was ok for me but would not have been acceptable if I were traveling with my wife. I don’t know if this was unique to room 108, or if this is the case in all rooms.

One advantage of my room was that it was only 50 feet or so from the breakfast area and good coffee! The hotel offers a nice complimentary breakfast buffet. There were egg patties, sausage patties, pre-made waffles, plus cold items.

The hotel has a nice indoor swimming pool, but it was closed for maintenance. There is a small exercise room next to and overlooking the pool.

Parking is convenient on all sides of hotel.

The service at the Hampton Inn in Nanuet was friendly and the hotel is convenient to the Interstate and many restaurants in the Palisades Mall about 2 miles away.

• Liked — New Hotel and Friendly Service
  • Disliked — Room 108 was somewhat noisey because if faced off-ramp from interstate
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
chicago,illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2007

After a horrible experience at a hotel in Suffern NY we made phone reservations at this hotel. I was travelling with my wife and three children and this hotel was outstanding. The rooms were clean, comfortable and roomy. The room was a double queen and we fit a rollaway bed in the room comfortably.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The complimentary continental breakfast was excellent. Great experience.

• Liked — the room
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Hampton Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!