“Not like other Hampton Inns” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   260 West Route 59, Nanuet, NY 10954   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Las Vegas, United States
“Not like other Hampton Inns”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Overall a very bad experience, unlike most other Hampton Inns. This property seems like it was once another sub-par brand, and was converted to a Hampton Inn. However, beyond the lobby, it doesn't live up to expectations. The rooms smelled and didn't feel clean, and the staff was not helpful. This hotel does the brand a disservice.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Samantha L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We just wanted to thank you for choosing us to accommodate you on your most recent stay. We know that there are a lot of choices available and thank you for choosing Hampton. I see that you have recently completed a review for our hotel on Trip Advisor. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to do so. Feedback is one of the most valuable tools that we have and enables us to take corrective action, utilize suggestions and share opportunities for praise and growth with our staff. All of this can help ensure a more favorable stay in the future.
I noticed on the survey you felt your stay was less than favorable. We do wish every guest to leave with a positive impression and that being said I was so personally disappointed to receive your review. We do strive to exceed expectations and it looks like we failed you on this visit.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback and I can assure you this is not the typical guest experience for our hotel. If you are ever in the Nanuet area again, we do hope you will give us another opportunity to win back your commitment.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Needs improvement: staff, rooms, service, food. Location is great, hotel looks tire, breakfast is adequate and could be better, staff needs training and be more professional, hotel needs more parking.

Getzville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We rate this hotel one of the worst Hampton-Inn operation we have ever experienced. The major problems are: !. Maintenance of hotel room and response to the complaints about room conditions including the leak of water from the ceiling. 2. Sub-level-trained staff of cafeteria

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Boca Raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very clean rooms, excellent staff. The location of the hotel was perfect. There was shopping and restaurants five minutes away. I had a family party in the next town and it was very convenient getting there. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a lodging in this area.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I noticed on the review you were pleased with our hotel and for that we are grateful. We do strive to exceed expectations so I wanted to THANK YOU for your great feedback !! Trip Advisor reviews of our hotel are very important to us, and our staff will be thrilled!

Thank you again for choosing Hampton, We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Bohemia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Overall this hotel was clean, comfortable and the staff was helpful. The refrigerator in the room was quite loud so I unplugged it while I was in my room. The air conditioning did not feel as cool as I would like, and it was not very warm outside during my stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is my hotel of choice when I come to this area, which is frequently. The staff has always been nice and friendly, has always made checking in easy and simple. The hotel stays very quiet even with it being right off route 59. The area is nice too, close to Palisades Center Mall and lots of restaurants/stores. The rooms are nice, clean and the beds are comfy. Free breakfast in the morning with lots of bagels and eggs, which is always nice! I have stayed in a few hotels in this area and this hotel just fits my needs perfectly and will continue to stay with them when I am in the area!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Durham, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I've stayed at several Hampton Inns around the country and regret to say this is one that I won't be returning to. First there's the overwhelming smell of air freshener that hits you upon entering your room, which you cannot get rid of by opening the windows (they don't open), and which the air-conditioner isn't able to eliminate. Then there's the incredible lack of insulation between rooms. Conversation in the next room, even at reasonable volume, was completely audible in our room. It actually sounded like there was no wall between us.

If these issues are not a concern to you, then you will probably find this hotel to be satisfactory. Rooms are spacious, the complimentary breakfast is good, and employees are extremely courteous.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hampton Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!