“Very enjoyable family stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Gas N' Go
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
NY
“Very enjoyable family stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Very pleasant hotel for a family stay. Nice size pool, kept at a pleasant temperature. Breakfast was typical, adequate and kept neat, clean and re-stocked. No noise issues near the back of the hotel where we were. The entrance from the highway is not easy to spot, and comes up on you quickly. Would stay again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

When the October Storm hit the Northeast we lost power at home for a week so my wife and I moved into the Hampton Inn in Nanuet. The staff, particularly Thom K, was helpful. The room, although not luxurious met our needs... clean with refrigerator, flat screen TV with HBO, microwave and WiFi all clean and working fine. There is also a pool and workout room that we didn't use.The hotel is convenient to the NYS Thruway, reasonably priced and iuncluded a breakfast buffet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We had a nightmare stay the weekend before Halloween, 2011. We stayed over a Friday and Saturday, 2 adults and 2 kinds, in a second 2nd floor room. I awoke early Saturday with a "beetle" crawing on my arm. I figured it was just a stray bug and flicked into the toilet. It didn't even occur to me that it could be a bedbug. We were out all day Saturday and my kids complained of bug bites that night after coming back. We figured it from from our time being outside. I never throught it might be the hotel. Sunday we checked out and left. On the ride home my kids began to itch and complain. That night, after coming home, they were COVERED from head to toe in bites. It looked like chicken pox. I immediately thought of that "beetle" and looked it up on-line. Yup, it was a mature bedbug, and yup, my kids were covered in bedbug bites! What a horror. We had to wash and and hot dry every scrap of clothing from our trip, all the suitcases and duffles, all our bedding the kids slept in at home, the care inside and out, etc. Now they are still getting bites! I have no idea where the damn bugs are still hiding. This was a complete horror for us and I will never sleep in a hotel bed again without a thorough inspection. Also, my kids went swimming in the hotel pool. Their eyes burned for 12 hours from the amount of chlorine in the water. They both looked like raccoons from the irritation. The staff is nice enough but the whole place needs to be fumigated in my opinion. Stay away.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hampton-Inn-Nanuet, Manager at Hampton Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
We are completly surpised and taken back by your claims. We have never been contacted by your family regarding this encounter . We are deligent about investigating all guest complaints as we make guest services a priorityt and would have certainly had inspected this particular guest room immediatley had we known. We urge you to contact as soon as possible so we can perform a torough investigation. As far as your claim regarding the pool, we do not use chlorine. We have a salt water pool. Levels are tested three times a day and I will certainly reveiw with the log with the Engineering Dept for this time frame. Bed bugs are unfortunate and know that all public spaces are subseptible particulary movie theatres and clothing stores. It is often a difficult task to determine where it initialted.
Boston, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

I booked my wedding block at this hotel this past summer. The sales person was not very responsive to my few requests about my group. I had to leave numerous messages and speak to the front desk who transferred me to some reservations office that is outside of the hotel that was not helpful. It was not until I asked for the name of the GM that she suddenly calls me right back.

I gave an average rating because my guests really enjoyed their stay. Just an unneccessary headache on my end

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I often stay at Hampton Inns because I am a Hilton Honors member. We don't usually spend much time at our hotels, so we usually just look for a place that's affordable, comfortable and clean. This hotel fit our needs exactly.
We wanted to go up to Bear Mountain State Park, and even though we don't live very far, we decided to stay overnight and make a weekend of it. For some reason, hotels closer to the park were superexpensive (even the Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn closer to the park were more than $200/night). We found a very reasonable rate for this hotel through Hilton's website.
We arrived at the hotel early, around check out time. At first, they told us they didn't have any rooms ready, but in the time it took for us to grab a complimentary cup of coffee, the front desk spoke to housekeeping and was able to get us checked in. I really appreciated this because I wanted to have the opportunity to check in before going to the park. The location of the hotel was very convenient -- right off the thruway, not far from the Palisads Parkway, and on Route 59, where there's tons of stores and restaurants. It's also not far from Palisades Mall, one of the biggest malls in the country, which has a movie theater and some restaurants.
Our room was big and clean. We had a view of the thruway's offramp and the parking lot, but the room was still surprisingly quiet. The bed and pillows were super comfortable, however, the couch was not. There was this odd clicking sound that we heard periodically -- I think it was the thermostat. It was mildly annoying, but we weren't in the room for long enough to try to get to the bottom of it.
In addition to standard Hampton Inn amenities, like breakfast, and coffee all day in the lobby, they also had complimentary snacks in the lobby. They had cookies the night that we were there.
The free breakfast was pretty standard. I had some trouble connecting to the internet -- I think the access code that they gave me at the front desk was incorrect. But, I was able to access the internet by entering in my Hilton Honors username and password so it worked out. The pool looked nice but we didn't have the opportunity to use it. The fitness center looked pretty basic.
Overall, I would definately stay here again if I was in the area and found a good price.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed here while visitng family in Nanuet on our way to NYC/JFK. Room was clean, quiet, and spacious. Great place to stay. Staff were very helpful and breakfast exceeded our expectations. Scenic train ride fromTarrytown (a few miles away) into NYC.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011 via mobile

I have stayed there many times before and we were just there again the reason why we keep on coming back when we are in the neiborhood is because from the minute you step in there you feel really @ home and they make sure that you're %100 satisfied

So my advice to you is, if you happen to look for a nice comfortable, accommodating, not expansive hotel in the area this hotel is your answer... Go for it!!!

• Stayed August 2011

Been to Hampton Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!