“Good Location and helpful staff, just wish it had a breakfast included” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet

Special Offer
2X Hilton Honors Weekend
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Rhinebeck, New York
“Good Location and helpful staff, just wish it had a breakfast included”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed here a couple of weekends back as a get away for 3 days. It is very conveniently located near a Target to get supplies if you need them and minutes away from the Pallisades Mall. The room was clean and large with two double beds, a good desk and awesome ergonomic chair. The room also had as standard, a fridge and Microwave (this where the Target came in handy - because you could get cheap microwavable meals if you wanted to stay in). I asked for a higher floor and got it, but don't know if it was all that necessary. Despite being off the highway, it the room was very quiet. The staff respected privacy and obeyed the do not disturb sign on my door, which allowed me to crash and write, and surf the net in peace.

I left the room briefly on my second day at Breakfast time to find it being made fresh. I had some side dishes and brought them up to my room, paying about $5.00 for the tray. Not a bad deal, but it might have been something that could have been tossed in for free, considering that the Hampton Inn chains (one was right next door) offers breakfast as standard. Nevertheless, the food was fine and the free coffee and lemonade was a welcome addition.

I used the treadmill in the exercise room, but the only drawback is that there did not appear to be a working controller for the TV. It might be a problem if you want to change the channels to view CNN, as opposed to sports while working out.

One minor inconvenience was that the hotel is a little difficult to get to at first, because you have to turn around on the main road, to get access to the common shared driveway that both the HGI and the Hampton Inn share. That aside, the parking is very secure and I had no worries about the car's safety during my stay.

I would recommend this hotel to any business traveler, who has a car and can get around to local places for a break. The Pallisades Mall alone can occupy your day, if you have the time.

Overall, I found the experience very pleasant and would return in the future if I wanted to wind down for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Book a room on a high floor, despite what I have written. Also, be wary of the thermostats in the r...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you AK L for taking the time to post a tripadvisor review for our Hilton Garden Inn property. We appreciated you staying with us. I was so pleased to see that my team provided the services you needed. We do have some great packages that include the breakfast for a smaller fee than purchasing on the morning of. I wish you and your family a great fall season!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I recently spent three nights at the Hilton Garden Inn in Nanuet. In the past I have some very poor experiences in hotels located in Rockland County, NY, and wasn't sure what to expect during this most recent trip. I selected the Hilton Garden Inn during this trip expecting a certain standard associated with the Hilton name, and also based on past positive experiences with other Hilton properties. I wasn't disappointed with the Nanuet Hilton Garden Inn.

The hotel was clean and comfortable. All members of the staff were friendly and pleasant to deal with. Coffee was available in the lobby, and in the evening they also put out cookies. There was a pool and workout room, but I did not check those out. Given the number of cars in the parking lot each night, the Inn appeared full. However, you wouldn't have known that walking through the common areas or while in the room. Knowing the location of the hotel before hand, I was concerned about road noises from either Route 59 or the Thruway. That wasn't a problem. Located behind another inn, there were no road noises from Route 59, and the hotel seemed distant enough from the Thruway to keep those noises at bay.

The one downside to the Nanuet Hilton Garden Inn is getting in and out of the grounds from Route 59. It can be very easy to miss the entrance. If you're driving eastbound on Route 59 I am not sure you can cross the road, and you may have to drive down to a traffic light and drive through a shopping center parking lot. Exiting required similar gymnastics through the home depot parking lot. However, this was a small inconvience.

Given a choice, I will stay here again during my next trip to Rockland County.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you Js060 for taking the time to post a review for our property on tripadvisor. I understand your concerns with the location and access to the driveway. Your posting will help other travelers coming to the property on how to find us. My team and I look forward to your next visit to the Rockland area. Have a great September.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet provided a very pleasant and clean, mid price range stay for me and my extended family for a recent wedding. Free Internet and breakfast, pool, etc. Friendly and helpful staff. In Hudson River area, about 15 minutes past the Tappan Zee Bridge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you David for taking the time to review us on Tripadvisor. We appreciate you and your extended family staying with us for such a great celebration. We pride ourselves on our great team members service and the price range for the product. I wish you and your family a great September.
Kaufman, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Very friendly staff, good clean rooms and very good restaurant. Very easy access from the freeway and can be in NYC in about 20 minutes even with NY traffic. Hotel feels safe and secure - I see a number of ladies traveling alone staying at this hotel and there are a number of long term repeat customers.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you Mr. L for taking the time out of your very busy schedule to fill out the trip advisor review for us. All of my team look forward to your return in the future. We hope you enjoy the rest of your summer season.
West Linn, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at this HGI solely on the basis of the TripAdvisor rating - which while somewhat marginal, were enough to get us to try the property. We made a mistake. The management of this HGI exercises no control over guests, in our case children usisng the hallways as a playground well into the evening. We left the hotel tired (very little sleep), frustrated, and disappointed. We cannot recommend that you stay at this hotel.
As others have noted, this HGI is tucked behind a Hampton Inn, with only a small, narrow, and poorly-signed driveway entrance. There is adequate (free) parking.
The best (and only good thing) about our stay was check-in, handled quickly and professionally by a very nice young woman.
Rooms are on the small-side for a HGI property. The main floor common areas appear to have been refurbished, but upper floor hallways, common areas, and the rooms themselves are showing wear (stains on carpets, etc). The rooms themselves have all of the usual HGI furnishings and conveniences. HVAC worked well and shower pressure was good.
The hotel itself was a let-down on any number of levels. The business center had stick food residue on the counters and numerous used dishes/glasses lying about. There was no fresh coffee when I came down in the morning (the regular coffee was empty and I had to settle for leftover decaf).
Perhaps the greatest disappointed during our stay was the noise that kept us from getting to sleep until quite late into the evening and in essence knocked us out of our window of sleep. Children running up and down the hallways. Multiple phone calls to the front desk did nothing to stop the problem. I plan to email the manager and express the unhappiness of a long-time Hilton Diamond HHonors member - this hotel was a let down.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
NanuetHotels, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
We were so disappointed in your dissatisfaction. We understand you made your decision based on being #1 in Trip Advisor. Guest services our number one priority and please rest assure this is not a typical guest experience at the Hilton Garden Inn. It was an extremely busy sold out weekend but that is not an excuse. We are rated number one for cleanliness and service with Hilton brand and number one with Trip Advisor guest satisfaction . We apologize we failed you and you hope they give us an opportunity to exceed your expectations in the future. Best of luck to you in your travels.
New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

The room was far bigger than expected. Amenities were top notch and the bed was amazingly comfortable. The only difficulty is finding the entrance in as it's behind another hotel and if you go too far you'll probably end up taking the exit for the highway. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

I do appreciate you taking the time to post a review for us on trip advisor and I look forward to having you return to see us again. My team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations every time.
Dunkirk, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We normally stay at Hampton Inns but chose this Hilton Garden Inn based on Trip Advisor reviews of this property and the Hampton Inn located right next door. It was a perfect location right off I-87 for us to attend a Yankee game and to also tour West Point. Previous reviews about lack of signage to the hotel are correct but the hotel says they are working on it. Our room was clean, spacious and quiet and comes with a fridge and microwave. The staff was quite friendly and check-in and check-out was seamless. The air conditioning was a bit of a challenge as the room got cold very quickly. Down the street on Route 59 is a large mall, many restaurants and other stores. Plus another large shopping plaza will open in October right across the street. For those Hampton Inn regulars used to a free breakfast, please note that you have to pay $12.95 for breakfast at this Garden Inn but it was very good. All in all it was a good experience and we would stay there again for our next trip to NYC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you Yankee 33 for taking the time to review us on trip advisor. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Nanuet. As a Buffalo native as well, we welcome Western New Yorkers with open arms and are convient to New York city for anyone that is not familiar with the travel in New York City. I do hope you will chose to come visit us again in the future.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!