“Meh” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Nanuet
Charlottesville, Virginia
“Meh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

Chain Hotel stay in a non-descript location off the NY Thruay less than an hour's drive from the Village in NYC. Much less expensive, with free parking and wi-fi/internet, and what you expect accommodations of an average Garden Inn. The staff wasn't helpful, for something as basic as making sure our HHonors number was associated with our stay -- "too complicated, I was told"??? The condition of the hotel was clean and modern, but somewhat noisy, and the location is not that much for anything, other than a proverbial pit stop. The bed was comfortable -- always a positive.

Room Tip: Doubtful any room is better than another. We stayed in a King.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us a trip advisor review. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and I apologize that my team member stated anything was too complicated to help you with. I can assure you that our guest satisfaction is our top priority and I have discussed the issue with the agent that checked you in. I do hope you will return again in the future to give us another chance to exceed your expectations.

185 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Friedberg, Bayern
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Not a lot to say than thank you, the heartfelt welcome, the always friendly and efficient staff, ... this place is a benchmark in its class! No matter if arriving earlier or really late ... a smile waits for you!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words and such a nice review. My team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations and I was so pleased to see that they accomplished that with your most recent visit. We look forward to your return again in the future.
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hotel was excellent, clean, and staff was great. Room was excellent. Room temp was on the cold side on arrival and easily adjusted to my liking. Bathroom was in excellent shape. Room and bed were in excellent condition and the bed was very comfortable. Only negative was trying to find the entrance to the hotel the first time since it is located behind another hotel and I first thought I would have to make a U turn but found another path. Some signage could help.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for being a Hilton traveler. We realize there are a lot of options out there and appreicated you choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Nanuet. My team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations and I was so pleased to see that we accomplished that with your most recent visit to the property. I do understand your frustration with the signage that is something we are working on. We look forward to having you stay with us again when in the Rockland area.
Athens, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I visited Hilton garden Inn Nanuet when in town to visit family. The new lobby looks great, makes everything so much brighter. The room was comfortable and I loved the adjustable bed. The staff is so friendly and always willing to help. They really make you feel at home, very rare in hotels. Definately will be staying at the HGI whenever I am in town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you Thomas for being a Hilton traveler and choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Nanuet while visiting your family. My team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations and I was so pleased to see that we accomplished that with your most recent visit. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I frequent the area alot and I stayed at this hotel because the usual hotel I book at (Hampton Inn) which is right next door was booked solid. When i checked in me and my partner was greeted warmly and given our rooms quick and easy. Upon entering my room it looked a bit outdated but clean and comfortable. I had a small problem with the AC but someone from front desk came up right away and solved my issue. Later at night we arrived back at the hotel and got ready for bed only to realize that our bed had a giant sinkhole type thing going on, on the right side.. it was late at night so we decided just to keep the room seeing as we were tired. For the 3 nights we stayed in this hotel, we were consistently woken up every morning by other guests, so the walls must be very thin. The lobby is pretty, I didnt try the restaurant but its small and nice looking. Coffee and tea 24/7 in the lobby as well as a impressive snack area where you can purchase things from frozen pizzas/meals to icecream and candy and toiletries. Overall this was a decent hotel but I will stick to Hampton right next door.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ALICIA D, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you Gabrielle for being a Hilton traveler. We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to post a review for our property. I am glad to see that you like our sister property the Hampton Inn as well. We did just finish the renovations on our lobby so it is bright, fresh and new. We also have new complimentary snacks at check in coming in July. Our hotel rooms are next to be renovated and we do hope you will chose to return again so we may try and exceed your expectations in the future. Thank you again for the post for our property.
Wallingford CT., United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hotel staff was very professional and polite. Room was clean and hotel was quiet. Room service was very good and made use of the pool. Overall a very good experience. Forgot my toothbrush but one was provided for me free of charge at the front desk. Three other coworkers stayed at the hotel and were also satisfied.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you Jonathan for being a Hilton traveler and choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn, Nanuet. My team and I strive to exceed our guests expectations and I was pleased to see that we accomplished that for you and your team as well. We look forward to being able to host your next visit to the area again. Have a wonderful summer season!!
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Nanuet, NY is an excellent place to stay for activities at the US Military Academy at West Point. It is very conveniently located for those arriving by air at Newark and it is an easy drive to West Point. The manager, Alicia Diamond, is outstanding in providing personalized service, giving careful attention to details and being quickly responsive to any changes in plans or special requests. Other staff members also are quite helpful and friendly. The rooms are really comfortable and the redecorated dining area is very pleasant. Breakfast food is excellent.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

NanuetHotels, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We are so happy that you chose the Hilton Garden Inn, Nanuet during your most recent visit to West Point. Graduation is our most exciting time of the year. We go out of our way to ensure the proud family and friends of the cadets have the most memorial experience. Since exceeding our guests expectations is our top priority, we are pleased that we were successful. Thank you for being a loyal Hilton Traveler and we hope your travels bring your back to the Nanuet area.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!