“Good value, friendly staff, but.......” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
2X Hilton Honors Weekend
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Nanuet
Lewiston, Maine
“Good value, friendly staff, but.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This hotel was a one-night stop-over for us on our way to Atlantic City. The location was a short distance from the main highway and convenient. The staff person who checked us in was very personable, efficient, and friendly. We stayed on the top floor, and the room was a bit dated in some respects (old TV, very loud air conditioner) but not a huge deal. The linens were crisp and the bed was comfortable. There was a refrigerator and microwave which were nice amenities to have. The room was tidy and clean in appearance, however had a noticeable odor of stale cigarette smoke, despite the room being a non-smoking room (this room had to have been a smoking room in the past). This issue would very likely be a deal-breaker for me returning in the future, as I am constantly in non-smoking environments and am quite sensitive to the smell. This is unfortunate, because all other aspects of our stay was quite positive overall.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
NanuetHotels, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
We were extreemly pleased that you enjoyed the staff at the Hilton Garden Inn, Nanuet. We are happy to report that all televisions have been replaced with large Flat Panel LCD High Definition televisions. We also added 100 channels to our menue!! We do so apoplogize for the stale smell in the room. I wish we had known as we would have moved you immediatley. Please never hesitate to call ;upon us, day or night, we are here 24/7 to ensure your stay exceeds your expectations. We do hope you return to the area again and give us an opportunity to wow you!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Excellent wait staff, desk was very friendly and the management was extremely helpful and accomdating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
New City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is my 5th stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Nanuet. The property has a great location right off the NYS Thruway. I stayed there as a romantic getaway with my husband. Planned in advance, I got a great rate which included a wonderful breatast: a cooked to order omlette with bacon, sausage, home fries, coffee, juice, "the works", included in the price of the room for the both of us. We had dinner at the hotel which was very attractively priced. I had a flavorful linguine with alfredo mushroom sauce. My husband had one ot their great burgers. They gave us bottled water, coffee and cookies on check in.

The entire staff was extremely helpful and attentive. They gave 110%. They make you feel like you are family. My special thanks to Alicia Diamond, the General Manager, who assisted us and made the stay memorable.

The hotel is fairly new with beautiful and immaculate rooms. The bed even had a feature to adjust firmness. Being a member of Hilton HHonors, I received points for dinner and the stay as well as miles on Continental Airlines.

I will be coming back soon. This is without question the best hotel in the entire region: Rockland and Orange counties.

Room Tip: As for the Bed and Breakfast Rate.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
annapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2011

As an employee of a different hotel chain I am very critical of service and accommodations when I stay with the competition. On what was probably the busiest weekend of their entire year (West Point Graduation) my family and I received AND witnessed the kindest, friendliest, most attentive and I must say GENUINE service I have seen in a very long time!! Most especially in the American Grill. We talked about it for days so I was determined to let everyone know instead of letting it fall by the wayside. While it's true that the accommodations aren't the newest in the area, the service and friendliness more than make up for any window dressing. It was an absolute pleasure and I really thank want to Thank the morning staff (we had breakfast there twice) for their outstanding service. What a fantastic example for the rest of us in the industry!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2011

nice clean and gets the job done. Polite staff. i would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2011

This is a very clean and comfortable hotel located conveniently off the NYS Thurway just a few miles from the Tappen Zee Bridge. The room was clean and typically appointed to Garden standards. The staff was friendly and prompt. Breakfast in the hotel lobby was very good with a wide selection of fresh choices from the buffet or cooked to order. I would recommend this hotel for business or leisure.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

Checked in at 1:00am as the nearby Fairfield inn overbooked and had given my room away. I got a King for about $160 which didn't include breakfast. I thought for the room and location it was a little overpriced. The room was OK. The duvet cover was strange....quite plasticy and the bed was pretty uncomfortable. Breakfast was $10 but the guy gave me a yogurt and banana for free so can't grumble.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Nanuet? Share your experiences!