“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilltop Farm Campsites

Hilltop Farm Campsites
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountain Dale
Hilltop Farm Campsites
75 Forest Road, P.O. Box 138, Mountain Dale, NY 12763   |
Templeton, Massachusetts
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

My stay was Memorial Day weekend and the following week.This facility is in a beautiful location, unfortunately the lack of maintenance made my stay challenging at best. The grass is over a foot tall in most areas including the dilapidated play area. The "Swimming Pool" is a swamp that has not been opened, emptied or usuable for (my guess) at least a year or two. The mosquitos and black flies love it. The pool gate is kept closed with a rusted padlock. The bathroom, and laundry facility was deplorable it was not cleaned once in a week, and the bugs and wildlife (squirrels and chipmunks) use the buliding for shelter. The smell of mold and midew was overwhelming. It rained one time during my stay and there was 2 1/2 inches of standing water at my site (I measured) forcing us to build a make shift platform so that we could sit outside. The water did not reside and it was still muddy when I left. Directly across from my site were dismantled picnic tables nail side up. The only effort I witnessed toward improvement was the planting apples trees. I attempted to walk to the "Fishing Pond" one afternoon but with the deeply dug holes(more improvements) and the tall grass and brush it was a near impossible fete. I attempted to purchase ice from the camp store on several occasions over several days and they were always "OUT OF ICE".

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

4 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business

Been to Hilltop Farm Campsites? Share your experiences!