“Catskill Rose For a Great Dining Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Catskill Rose Lodging & Dining

Catskill Rose Lodging & Dining
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Tremper
Catskill Rose Lodging & Dining
You added Catskill Rose Lodging & Dining to your Saves list
5355 Route 212, Mount Tremper, NY 12457   |
Florida
“Catskill Rose For a Great Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This place has a charming restaurant. Having a home in the local area I've never experienced the B&B side but it has a great local reputation. My review is for the restaurant only. When you arrive follow the path around to the dining room. The owners have done marvels with the gardens. I was part of a large group giving a farewell party for the pastor of our local church. We had twelve on a Sunday afternoon and the owner was gracious enough to open a little early to accommodate our group. Every member of our group raved about the food. Not one negative comment. Personally my meal started with a wonderfully fresh salad followed by a perfectly done scollop dish and a rhubarb cobbler with homemade strawberry ice cream on top. It was fantastic. The owners have an active garden that supplies the freshest ingredients and garnish. I saw one of my fellow diners enjoying a pork shank that looked mouth watering. I also heard the salmon was superb. Owner Peter is well known in the community and knows how to treat the locals as well as his new B&B guests. They have a beautiful patio dining area where you will be surrounded by flowers. There is a full bar with a nice wine selection. Seek out this gem, it is worth the trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Rio Hondo, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our first anniversary weekend getaway. Mt. Tremper is conveniently located between Woodstock and Phoenicia and alongside Esopus Creek. We are not fans of your typical B&B -- awkward breakfast conversations with strange people, thin bedroom walls, etc. The rooms at the Catskill Rose each have their own small porch and entry; there is no common space unless you count the restaurant/garden, which were closed during our stay in late April. My husband did not get cell phone reception (AT&T) and I was able to make phone calls with mine (Sprint). The rooms are immaculate -- a large, comfortable bed greets you and there is a small dining table for two with a basket of fruit. You have a spacious dresser and TV/stand, a coffee maker, a small fridge and a microwave with plates and silverware and coffee cups. The bathrooms are clean with a shower only. They also provide you with shampoo/shower gel and hand soap via dispensers on the walls. The internet connection was spotty at best. We were allowed to check in an hour early or so and the fridge contained several tasty scones that we ate for breakfast the next morning before a hike. The owners were not around for check-out, but we were able to drop off our keys. Because of the location, the cleanliness, the comfort and the privacy, we would certainly consider staying here again! We would also recommend a trip to nearby Phoenicia -- while you're there, check out Brio's! Large portions and tasty food!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I value comfort and cleanliness above all when I stay away from home, and the Catskill Rose exceeded all of my expectations. The bed was so comfy, and the pillows were incredibly comfortable. The room and bathroom were impeccably clean, and the bathroom was very roomy. Then there was the food---absolutely some of the best food I've ever eaten (dinner) and the scones for breakfast were divine. Also, the location is perfect. Finally, Peter was a wonderful host.

Room Tip: We stayed in room No. 1
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

I went to the catskills looking for a nice place to spend some days with my husband, we wanted to ski, hike and spend some nights together, and we made the best decision when decided to stay at the catskills rose, we had the best time ever! the catskill rose is a beautiful, quiet and very clean place. We had fresh fruit and delicious scones in the morning! Dinner is cooked by peter and rose so everything is fresh and delicately done. The room was fantastic and to stay here you dont need a car, although it might be useful you can still move by bus.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

Stayed here the weekend of the Woodstock film festival for our anniversary. We found the place very quiet and peaceful amongst all the craziness of the surrounding town festivals. The lack of cell phone service only made us relax and sleep better truly disconnecting. The room was great...much better than the photos...It was very modern, clean and had everything we wanted. Sure it had Ikea updates, but a welcome relief to the rustic hodgepodge crap on its last leg in nearby mildew mansions and cabin cabanas we tried. We ate a late dinner in the small restaurant here. Smoked duck, swordfish, good wine selection and other treats...it was all great and we were treated like kings and ate like pigs :). The in-room coffee and scones were perfect for us and let us enjoy staying there longer in the morn...chilling out...I dont know what the previous reviewer was griping about.. they were delicious.. and Yes our bed was soft..and comfortable, unless you dont like comfort?....we had a great time and found some peace here. Will visit again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

We stayed one night during the week. It's very well priced. I was not comfortable here. The bed was too soft and the TV shelves were dusty. My guess is that it was furnished from IKEA. The owners live overhead and I could here them at night. I gave this place an average because it's not awful and it is priced well for something in this area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

This place has definitely had a make over since the last review. The dining room isn't huge, but it's nice. The only complaint was the it was so quiet in there, it was like dining in a library! Good eateries are rare up in this area, and we was pleasantly surprised with Catskill Rose.

Our server was really great. While the restaurant wasn't crowded, he was still polite and attentive, and he offered good insights when we were picking out wine.

I visited with my two sisters over the Christmas holiday. The menu is great. I love Catskill Rose's take on fresh and organic foods, and the chef definitely has some skill and creativity.

We all started with appetizers and then moved onto our main courses, and it was the perfect amount of food for us. The steak was the star dish of the night. The price, for the quality of food, is excellent.

Bottom Line: In our short stay up in the Catskills, we had our best meal here. It's worth the drive if you're in the area.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Catskill Rose Lodging & Dining? Share your experiences!