“Quite Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)

You added Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Holiday Inn Drive, Mount Kisco, NY 10549   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mount Kisco
Pennsylvania
“Quite Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed here a few times for business. Been in different rooms each time. They all have things you can pick on if you're looking. My most recent stay had an issue with the TV. The front desk was quick and pleasant to relocate me. The next room had a quirky Heating/AC unit. I've stayed in much worse than this hotel. Having a decent place like Teddy's for food and drinks on site is always a plus Great staff there as well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Robert T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I am so pleased my team has made your stay an enjoyable one and reacted quickly to your needs. Input is so critical to achieve our Goal of Making all our guests stay a "10" in their hearts. I hope you were able to enjoy our new "Cook to Order" Breakfast Buffet, this is something created through input like yours. You will enjoy the speed of a buffet with the quality of Ala Carte service. Next time you are in town stop and say hi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

A Holiday Inn -- all the requirements for passing the night, spacious room along a lengthy corridor, heating (overbearing at times), a warm boisterous bar area, used the night we stayed for a fund-raiser for those affected by Hurricane Sandy, and a functional restaurant, No complaints, but no plaudits either, needs met.

Room Tip: Check on distance to room, as there is no lift and luggage may have to travel along a long corridor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
stephen p, Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Dear, Npassant

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Also thank you very much, for attending our Hurrican Sandy Relief benefit, through donations from individuals like youself , we were able to raise over $8500 for the vicitims of hurricane sandy. It truly was a great benefit and a moving night.

If you would be willing to contact us, i would like to know the room in which you stayed, so i can have my staff inspect your heater in regards to the noise comment.
Again thank you for sharing your thoughts, we hope to be able to have you back with us in the near future.

Best Regards
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was fine for rest. We had to attend a funeral and this was very convenient. The staff was very friendly and accomodating to our big group. The only negative was Teddy's restaurant is not equipped to deal with big groups on short notice. Again the staff was great but the food was mediocre at best.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Robert T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, December 26, 2012
I am so sorry for your loss, I am glad my staff was very friendly and accomidating to you and your group during your visit. Our goal is to create a memory, that is why teddy's will introduce our "cook to order breakfast buffet" Our goal is a simple one, to give our guests the freshest and hottest breakfast they could want. Next time you are in town please stop by and ask for me so I could thank you in person.
Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I am more than a bit concerned over the price of this hotel during a time when there are so many people suffering from the effects of Hurricane Sandy and who are trying to find a room in which to rest? Why are doctors, nurses and other service representatives on their way to help those in New Jersey having to pay the pumped up rates be being asked for by this hotel during a time of crisis. Unfortunately, this is not the only hotel that is doing the same thing at this difficult time. Barking dogs are not easy for emergency personnel who are trying to get needed rest.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
stephen p, Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello, Dr. Rigby

As for our Pricing, the rates during the storm were very similar to our normal pricing during this time of the year.
Again thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us, we are always striving to deliver the best possible customer expierence.
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

As I have said in other reviews, I am yet to find a hotel I really like in the US. The Holiday Inn is nothing special. Fairly big room but a/c was rubbish - too loud and temperature control not great. I had about half a mile walk from reception, but that didn't bother me. Restaurant was ok - typical American food, but I ate at the bar three separate times during my stay, and everyone who served me was lovely. Especially the lady who was building a house in Indonesia. By the time I left I felt like I was eating with a friend. So I would go back, if I was going to be eating there alone, otherwise I would try somewhere else I think.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
stephen p, Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear, SeagullSteve

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. We are very happy to have been your choice of accomodation during your past visit to the United States. I apoaligize about the problems you encountered with our AC unit, we will certainly make sure that it gets inspected.
I agree with you, that our staff is wonderful. They have a real desire to make heart connections with our guests, and it seems like, when you were with us, thats exactly what happened.
Again thank you for your review, i'll pass along the kind words to our staff. I hope we are able to accomodate you again, on your next trip back to the US.
NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I was horrified on my recent visit to find that I was staying in a dog kennel. Every room around me had a dog! Dogs barked all day and night! This was so incredibly upsetting. I just wanted a place to sleep! I couldn't walk out of my room without being accosted by dogs in the halls! Who lets this many dogs stay in a people hotel? Why wasnt this mentioned at the time I made the reservation? Oh, and the room and halls stink, as a result. The kids wanted to play frisbee, but you can't walk on the grass outside as dogs pee/poop everywhere - all outdoors is a doggie run. Ick.

On top of this, when I made the reservation, the clerk asked if I wanted 1 bed or 2 and I said 2. I got a room with 1 bed.

Room Tip: Try to find a room far away from the dogs!!!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Robert T, Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay with us. Yes, we are a pet friendly hotel, our pet policy can be viewed on our web site. Where we do welcome pets to our hotel we tend not to have as many as we do now. Most of the increase is due to Hurricane Sandy. Many communities have been displaced due to water damage, loss of power and destroyed homes. Pets to many families, are part of the family and where many people who don't normally bring pets to hotels were forced to do so in this time of need. We understand times of disaster can be frustrating, we do feel very fortunate that we were able to maintain power throughout this crisis and provide refuge for entire families.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Kisco hotels

Katonah, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn for the past 10 years. Either for a snow storm and we lost our electricity or when we have relatives come in to stay. I have never been so suprised to find out when I tried to make a reservation today due to the impending storm Sandy that the hotel will not take a reservation for less than three nights. I asked what will happen when I get power back, the answer-- was sorry we have a three night minimum. Why is there a three night minimum? The real answer is because they can. What happened to customer relationship and helping your neighbor in a crises, and not taking advantage of them. I then phoned the only other near by hotel and found they had a 7 night minimum stay. Wow Holiday Inn -- you look caring in comparison!

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Robert T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty), responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Let me first thank you for the time you have used our hotel in the past, we at the Holiday Inn can understand your confusion as to why hotels may sometimes have minimum stay attached to a reservation. During major events like a snow storms and such some people will book rooms in case they need them, which is understandable I would do the same thing for my family. The unfortunate thing is those rooms become unsellable for the people who may actually need them due to health conditions, elderly, emergency crews to restore power or people who have had their houses damaged. One of the most difficult things for an Inn Keeper to do is to say we have no rooms available (especially for someone in distress), only to have a cancellation if they did not lose power and that person we turned away had to search for an alternate place to stay.

Been to Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)? Share your experiences!