“On top of my list of BEST Steakhouse's out there!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Blackstones Steakhouse
213 E Main St., Mount Kisco, NY
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Blackstones Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 70 Restaurants in Mount Kisco
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Stamford, Connecticut
“On top of my list of BEST Steakhouse's out there!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

First we start with the winelist, as we need to do a nice bottle of wine with dinner. The list is very accomodating with great choices; naturally I did a Napa Cabernet. Appetizers were phenominal. The oysters were super fresh, the tuna tartar was so uniquely done, it left me craving more (I need to findout the secret ingredient they use - so good). We proceeded to the second course of a ceaser salad and the wedge salad. Both were as good as a salad can get!! Finally, the dry aged Porterhouse for two... It melted in my mouth, so tender, cooked to perfection. It was absolutely the best steak I have ever tried, and I am a carnivor so I truly appreciate steak. The side dishes were also very impressive and very generous in proportion. By this point, I was in a comatose state. I was completely satisfied with the entire experience and although I felt like I couldn't eat anything else, I just had to try dessert. And I was glad I did as the desserts were so light and fulfilling that it simply was the "cherry on top" for the night. The staff was super friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. They lead me down the right road on all the choices. Overall, Blackstone's gets an A+ on all cyclinders and I am truly appreciative that they opened close by my house, which gives you a reason never to schlep to the city for a steak dinner again.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

South Salem, NY
“Last night's dinner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

I was curious about Blackstones as it had received a relatively poor review recently in The New York Times. I was also (a) in the area and (b) in the mood for a steak. I would have to largely agree with the earlier comments by sebinus in that the rib steak I ordered was "tender and tasty" and the service "was adequate, not quite good" and that "the prices were exceptionally high given the atmosphere and location of the restaurant." An offsetting point to the comment regarding price is that one can clearly get 2 meals out of whatever you order at Blackstones. In addition to the steak (which came without any accompaniments), I ordered a side of creamed spinach and a side of hash browns, both of which were excellent. The portion delivered would have fed a table of 4. I had started with a Caesar salad, mercifully, on the small side; it was excellent. The "priceyness" of the food certainly extends to the wines. I am more than troubled when a restaurant charges $10 a glass for a Blackstone (the winery, not the restaurant) Cabernet Sauvignon which I can buy for $8.99 in a wine shop in Millwod, New York. (The Benzinger Cab, which costs me around $17 a bottle retail, is a relative bargain @ $10 the glass. But one would have to know one's wines to make that distinction. If you assume 5 glasses per bottle, with a reasonably generous pour, at $10 a glass the restaurant is collecting $50 for a bottle of wine that must cost it far less. (I have actually bought Blackstone Cabernet and Merlot at under $7 with a $1 a bottle refund coupon.) One would guess that the markup on the Blackstone wines must be between approaching 1000%. If you are charging $44 for a steak you could give up a bit of the profit on the wine! This may just be further proof of just how expensive wines by the glass are. I do not go to steakhouses very often and suspect that the pricing at Blackstones is totally in line with that of Ruth Chris and Mortons. That may be why I tend to cook my steaks at home. However, for those accustomed to and accepting of this level of pricing, Blackstones is clearly worth a visit. It will be interesting to see how Blackstones fares in Mt. Kisco. One table was occupied last night when I arrived and one table was occupied when I left.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Great Steak, Great Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We go out with two of our dear friends quite often. They are very familiar with Blackstones in Norwalk and wanted to try the one in Mt. Kisco. It is a little far from their home but our house is on the way, so not a big deal. Well it certainly was worth the trip. There are about 5 brothers who own the restaurants and pretty soon they will all have their very own Blackstones. The location is among quite a few restaurants in a row, and the valet parking was very convenient. A few steps down and we entered the lovely foyer where the wines were kept and were seated in a very nice intimate dining room. The menu was complete with a lot of typical offerings you would expect at a steakhouse.
We shared a shrimp cocktail which had 4 really big and tasty shrimp. Then we had a dozen oysters...6 Bluepoints and 3 each of a smaller type which I can't remember the kind but all were great. Very, very cold and clean. Next came the salads. The Blackstones salad and the goat cheese salad, both awesome. Crisp and fresh as could be!! Each couple decided to have the porterhouse for two. Ours was ordered rare plus and was perfect. Our friends was ordered medium rare and was also just right. The flavor of the meat was outstanding and could probably have been cut with a butter knife. I can never understand why the restaurants give you those huge steak knives when you order a steak, if its a good steak you don't need them!! Now, the sides. I have to say we really are lucky to have friends who like to share as much as we do because you really get to taste a lot more than if you were just out with your spouse. The chef had come out to say "Hi" and was great. Even though mushroom caps were not on the menu he agreed to make them for us. He made us garlic mashed potatoes,,the menu only had plain listed. The creamed spinach was one of the best I ever had, definitely a must have! They also had broccoli rabe with garlic and it was done perfectly. We had a great bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon,
which complemented the whole meal beautifully. In the next few months they will be opening another restaurant right here in our hometown of Greenwich. We can only hope it will be as awesome as the one in Mt. Kisco. This was truly a wonderful dining experience. Not cheap, but totally worth the price. I forgot to mention that I had a cosmopolitan to start off the evening and it was absolutely the most yummy one I have ever had!!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Beford, NY
“Finally a great steak house in the area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Thank god Blackstones Steakhouse opened, we desperately needed a good steakhouse in the area. I will agree with another reviewer that Blackstones is by far better than Flames (and less expensive) You really can't go wrong with anything on the menu, from the steaks to the seafood (and the owner told me they are putting in a raw bar soon, so I definitely am looking forward to that!) I have eaten here once a week since it has opened (so maybe 8-10 times) and the staff is always amazing and I have never had a bad meal! If you haven't tried this restaurant yet, make a point to!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“GOOD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

This is a good steakhouse and a welcome addition to the Mount Kisco/Bedford area. The porterhouse for two was excellent, comparing favorably to Ruth's Chris in Tarrytown and Morton's in White Plains. Much better than Flame's in Briarcliff Manor which is uneven. The side of hash browns was perfect. Also excellent was the service; the waiter who promptly brought our orders made sure that the steak was properly rare for our taste. While other reviews have lauded the bacon appetizer, it was too heavy for my taste and the grilled baby octopus appetizer was tasteless. The drinks were good. While not cheap, the cost is comparable to restaurants of this genre. Finally, we can get a good steak in the area without traveling far. My wife and I will certainly return.

Visited May 2013