“Wonderful Home” 5 of 5 stars

130 Clinton Street, Montgomery, NY 12549   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Montgomery B&B and Inns
“Wonderful Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

All was good at the Borland House. From food to hospitality to accommodations. Carol and Bill were the perfect hosts. My fiance and I even had time to relax on the porch for a sunset picnic. My son joined us, it was our first B and B experience and what a good one. I would highly recommend this home and a trip to the nearby wineries too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This would be a great location for a relaxing or romantic long-weekend in a great part of New York. Very welcoming hosts, great breakfasts, nice rooms, and a good location in the village of Montgomery. Really, everything you want in a B&B.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Waynesboro, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Bill and Carol did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable - up to and including wrapping my flowers so they survived our trip home. The three course breakfasts were amazing - gourmet food beautifully presented. The room was large and lovely and included a very comfortable queen sized bed. Everywhere you looked there was something beautiful, interesting or fun. We would highly recommend staying here. You will leave refreshed, relaxed and feeling that you have been graciously entertained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
southington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I recently spent an overnight at the Borland House and left feeling so relaxed; it felt like we had enjoyed the Freemans' hospitality for a full weekend. Bill and Carol are delightful innkeepers, filled with knowledge of the area. They provide personal touches to make your stay special, while honoring your personal space. The food at the inn is scrumptious and the historic village of Montgomery offers other opportunities for great food, short walks, and enjoyable shoppes. Our stay was everything we had hoped for. Wish we could have stayed longer!!

Room Tip: All the rooms were clean and inviting.
Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ellington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wonderful find in Montgomery! The Borland House Bed and Breakfast!!
I booked a surprise birthday stay for my girlfriend for some much needed R&R and from start to finish this was a wonderful experience. Carol was extremely helpful while I got my bearings on the village of Montgomery. We were greeted by Bill upon arrival. He gave us a brief history and tour of the home and provided some spot on dinner recommendations.
We instantly felt comfortable and at home. We stayed in the Montgomery room which is large and cozy at the same time. The home is extremely clean and everything we needed was provided for us. Carol and Bill are very thoughtful and provided us the right amount of support and personal space during our stay in their home. The breakfasts were prepared and served by Carol and Bill. We had amazing food. Definitely an unexpected highlight of our stay. The proprietors have set the bar for any future B&B stays. I highly recommend the Borland House for an easy relaxing time in Montgomery.
I feel as if my partner and I now have friends in Montgomery and we look forward to visiting Carol & Bill again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

This was my first experience at a bed & breakfast, and certainly won't be my last. We landed here between wine tour and tasting between Robbiero and Brotherhood Winery. Good cookies, fresh bakes upon check in, hit the spot. Beautiful house and history. Great food, coffee and service. We ate dinner at the restaurant located at the Brotherhood Winery.

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted a weekend away at the last minute to get some work done out of the city and we came across the Borland House. Luckily, a room was available and they took our reservations over the phone. The Borland House is about a 20 minute cab ride from the Beacon Metro North station. Bill greeted us when we arrived and gave us a quick tour of the spacious and spotless colonial. Our room, the Montgomery, was great -- big, nicely furnished and clean. The same with the bathroom. Bill gave us some lunch and dinner recommendations and then left us on our own. We had a nice lunch down the street and then came back to the room where my girlfriend was able to work uninterrupted for the rest of the afternoon. Dinner around the corner was terrific and we returned to a warm and peaceful house. Carol’s breakfast was delicious (as was the coffee). We cannot recommend the Borland House enough. A charming, well-run B&B in a nice little town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Borland House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!