The staff were completely overwhelmed and came across as poorly trained and, on several occasions, unprofessional. A few members of staff bucked the trend, but these efforts were lost amongst the dominant poor attitude of their colleagues.
The positives for this hotel is that it is in a nice setting and the menu selection was good. However, when the food arrived, it too had suffered from poor service – having taken more than an hour to come out, our meals had to be sent back on a couple of occasions for being cold or overcooked.
The gym is shockingly bad – its tiny, has limited equipment and was dirty – plus there were always dirty towels on the floor of the changing room and the shower had clearly not been cleaned in a while.
The rooms were underwhelming – a musty smell lingered, our ‘fresh’ sheets had stains on them and the bathroom fixtures were exceedingly average – not something we expected for the room rate. The majority of staff did not look happy to be there or confident in their abilities – the atmosphere they created during breakfast and at the Gulf Coast Kitchen was a feeling that they were inconvenienced by the existence of guests. We did not feel welcome or at ease. There were a few exceptions (the bar tender was attentive) but this was not the rule.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rich in history and tradition, The Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina, founded in 1929, is situated on 35-acres of scenic waterfront property at the East End of Long Island, New York where it has been the preferred playground for a who’s who of visitors since famed entrepreneur Carl Fisher built the original clubhouse. Today, after a multi-million dollar redesign and renovation, owner Island Global Yachting opens the new Resort & Marina to family holiday makers, wedding parties, corporate meetings and events. Montauk is a seasonal destination and the height of the season is Memorial day to Labor Day. The Montauk Yacht Club is open from March 1st until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. While Montauk is great in the off seasons and there are activities to enjoy, please note that during the winter and early spring some business in Montauk will close. Please speak to a reservation agent at Montauk Yacht Club and we will be happy to assist you with questions regarding the off season. There is still fishing! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina Hotel Montauk
- Montauk Yacht Club Resort And Marina
- Yacht Club Montauk
- Montauk Yacht Hotel And Marina
- Montauk Yacht Resort And Marina