“Best of Montauk” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 40 Hotels in Montauk
NYC
“Best of Montauk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I loved our room and it's location. I like the privacy of the hotel and the location of our room and our view was amazing. It was super family friendly and a welcoming staff. The food was so good we didn't even try anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This place is incredibly beautiful with a staff that is genuinely helpful! Pam could not have been more helpful! Thank you! With out their generous support, our school would not have been able to hold our annual class trip! Thank you all!

Park Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We have stayed here many times and have always been pleased. Terrific location removed from town and on the water. The staff has always been very efficient and friendly. There are two locations to eat on the property, one laid back and one more formal and they both have great food.

Room Tip: If you like a water view then try to get a marina or beach view room. You won't be disappointed.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We checked in on June 4th, 2013. That day is my wife's birthday. I called reservations who handles the amenities for the property and spoke with Monica. She was great. Very helpful and informative. I wanted the amenity ready for my wife upon arrival but originally thought we wouldnt be arriving until later in the day/early evening. It turns out that our plans changed and we were able to get there much earlier. I called the hotel and spoke with someone at the front desk and they said no problem and that they would call room service and have them get right on it. At no fault of the hotels, when we did arrive the room wasnt quite ready as room service was still working on the amenity. I drove my wife and daughter around Montauk for about a half hour and when we returned it was set. Beautiful chocolate covered strawberry and wine display. We were supposed to stay for 3 days 2 nights but unfortunately on our 2nd day we ran into some rental car issues. Our trunk wouldnt open and we had a bag and more importantly our $700 stroller for my 2 year old. Walking around Montauk with a 2 year old and no stroller can be stressfull so unfortunatley we had to cut our stay short. My wife spoke with the front desk manager and he was VERY understanding and informed us that as long as we could be out of the room by 4pm he would not charge us for the 2nd night. This was very unexpected and extremely accomodating. We had a great time even though our stay was cut short. We were in a villa room which has a TON of open space for our daughter to run around which was a nice change after staying in NYC for 3 nights previously. The grounds are beautiful and my daughter really enjoyed the playground. We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: Villa rooms are very spacious. Not right on site and you have a VERY short walk from Villas to get b...
New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have been going to an annual conference at this place for several years. Our group loves the scenic waterfront views and the tennis courts, indoor and outdoor pools, and the fitness center. The Montauk Downs golf course is a five-minute drive away, and it offers golfers a challenging and pretty course at a very economical rate. So if you have nice weather, this place is a fantastic venue. The rooms are furnished comfortably, and most have a patio or terrace. The best ones overlook the bay. The food was better this year than it has ever been, and the staff is overwhelmingly friendly and helpful if somewhat inexperienced. The manager on duty while our group was there, Matt, however, was unable to cope with numerous complaints from our group concerning room assignments and internet access. When the rooms were booked, our members had preferences for rooms in the main house or in the villas located a 10-minute walk away from the main house facilities. Although the hotel could not guarantee room preferences would be honored, it became clear that our room assignments were irrational with people placed in the opposite accommodations from that which was requested at booking. On top of that, internet access did not work in many rooms. Whe these problems came to Matt's attention, he was virtually unsympathetic and/or unhelpful in resolving them. He tried to be pleasant, but his ineffectiveness was the subject of conversation by a number of people in our group. The hotel clearly has a problem in honoring booking requests for rooms and providing internet access. Beyond that, a hotel managaer should be hired who understands the most fundamental principles of hotel management--"don't promise what you can't deliver" and "it's my job to make sure my guests are happy." Matt went through the motions of offering to help and promising to deliver, but ultimately he alienated a number of people in our group by not resolving their complaints to their satisfaction or making promises that were never kept. Hopefully he will learn from his mistakes, and become an excellent manager. In the meantime, the Montauk Yacht Club is still a nice place for a conference or a vaction stay, but document your requests for lodging and get a written confirmation. Don't count on reliable internet access, if that's something you rely on, and don't expect the manager to deal effectively with any problems you may have.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Remsenburg, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I was one of the "few" that braved the cold rain and forged on with my holiday weekend out here! Christina was AWESOME on the phone, she helped me with the rest of my groups reservations. I was greeted by a VERY friendly staff who hadn't seen many people due to cancellations. They swung the doors open, brought my luggage to my room with me even though I had it all under control. Matt at the front desk was very happy to show my daughter his new "shell display". Art and Roy seemed to be awaiting our arrival at the INDOOR pool. They were so sweet and kept my daughter and I entertained by fetching the ball she kept bopping out of the pool. We had dinner that evening in their restaurant and it was all delicious, except my daughter wanted a slice of pepperoni pizza. It was $4 a slice and $2 for a topping (with NO SIDES). I really think they should re-think that one. Our room was pleasant with a court yard view. Bathroom floor could use some elbow grease but nothing that would ruin my stay. The next day we had breakfast in the dining room overlooking the water and I LOVED the Rice Crispy FRENCH TOAST. Then we went to Deep Hollow Horseback where we continued to brave the cold rain and returned home. What a great trip for my 10 yr old and me!!!

Room Tip: If you don't have a car and the shuttle only goes to 3 locations, plan on paying $10 per trip.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Staten Island, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Great place! What else can I say. We had a marina view & even though Mother Nature did not cooperate, it was still beautiful to look at. The room was very nice & had a comfortable feel. The food at the restuarant was excellent & the staff was wonderful. Don't miss out on this gem in Montauk!

Room Tip: The Marina rooms have a spectacular view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Montauk Yacht Club Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!