“5 Stars Compared to Other Properties in Area” 5 of 5 stars

Atlantic Terrace Motel
21 Oceanview Terrace, Montauk, NY 11954   |
Ranked #23 of 40 Hotels in Montauk
Massapequa, New York
“5 Stars Compared to Other Properties in Area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Let's face it; Montauk like other small local beach towns are more about the community than the accommodations. I've stayed at many a place out here and they have all been sadly out of date, old to the point it seems dirty, completely musty smelling and totally over priced. AM smelled fresh, showed a recent paint job, contained working brights lights in the room, a fluffy pillow, adequate blankets (I was there slightly off-season) and most importantly a bathroom/bedroom I could take my shoes off without worrying to walk around without them. We stayed in a room with a small efficiency which was absolutely perfect for us to bring a few things to eat each morning. Additionally it had plenty of on-site parking, overnight security on ground patrolling and a little cafe to get a cup of coffee and bagel -- all without walking out of the way to get to the beach -- which is literally right out back.This is more than I can say for most places out there, so judging this establishment versus others nearby, this holds a solid 5-Stars in my book! Kudos to front desk staff, Iraida & Nancy! She was so nice and pleasant that I asked for her name to write into this review. Thank you ladies for all your hard work!!

Room Tip: I didn't personally stay in a room with an ocean view but that was ok with me, I was close enoug...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Let me start off by saying that Montauk is very overpriced and overcrowded. With that being said I think Atlantic Terrace fits the bill for a group trip to Montauk, even more affordable than renting a house for a weekend. We booked 3 rooms for my friends Bachelorette this past August. The hotel was recently updated and the rooms were really nice for a motel and included a kitchenette. The bathrooms could be nicer/bigger but we weren't really complaining. I think the biggest positives for this hotel is the location. You are a 5 min walk from town, and you are still on the beach. You also have the option of the pool as well. The cafe onsite is perfect when you need to grab a bite to eat and don't want to walk to town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We just stayed 2 night and left one day earlier, over Columbus Day weekend. The court are is full with scream and out of control kids Parent we drinking and not supervising their child. Front desk manger was non sympathetic. We been stating there for 25 years. Time to move on .Would not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Beachfront corner unit wonderful full front view of ocean pool still open heated We have stayed here before in same room, room totally updated with linens tv, disappointed no micro wave in room to heat up anything have to walk down. 2 flights to laundry room

• Stayed October 2013
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and two toddler children decided to take a last minute Labor Day vacation. We were able to get the last room at the AT. The process was VERY smooth, from check in to check out. We event extended a night because we had such a great time.

What MADE the trip for us was the ALWAYS friendly and attentive service of Steven and his team at the Cafe. The Cafe is the focal point of the property with Steven running the show at the Cafe - he can literally make anything, remembers your name from the first order and makes you feel liek a local. We will be back!!!! Thanks Steven and the AT team.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
New York, Ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room at Atlantic, because we couldn't find any other availability in the area. Oh, what a terrible mistake. What happens at night there is outrageous. Drunken men screaming, laughing, trashing the place, renting one room per 4-6 people...The room is very small, poorly furnished; bathroom is tiny, and has no privacy, if the window is open, so you can be seen by anyone passing by, even on thsecond floor. It is motel, of course, but what a rundown place for over $300 a night. The ONLY plus is the location: it is right on the beach.

• Stayed July 2013
Islip, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've stayed at Atlantic Terrace several times before, and I was surprised and saddened that my recent stay there was so unsatisfying. I'm not saying I'd never go again, but i don't know if it would be my hotel of choice. For one, the room block I stayed in - at $375 a night - had painfully tiny rooms which - although reported to have been recently renovated - did not look renovated. There were cracks where the shower met the wall, everything felt dingy and old, it smelled odd, and my room was filled with bugs. I felt like I was sleeping outside. Big bugs, small bugs, spiders, flying bugs...I felt very creepy crawly and could not relax or sleep well because of it. My balcony overlooked a noisy courtyard and was also apparently a bug magnet. Also, I was by myself and a little uncomfortable with the locks on the unit doors. There was not a deadbolt or chain, just a knob lock. I didn't care for that. Maybe none of this would have bothered me if I hadn't stayed in another Montauk hotel a month later, where the room was double the size, completely modern and updated, bug free, clean, with a full kitchen and couch and flat screen tv, MUCH cleaner and modern bathroom, cleaner bigger salt water pool, sauna, and offered fantastic ocean views and beach access for $345 a night as opposed to the $400 a night Atlantic Terrace was asking for a garden view room at the same time. It seems like for that much money they could make more of an effort to update...my room had a tiny box tv that looked taped to the ceiling corner. Not that I was there to watch tv, but still...it seems like it was too expensive for what it is, and I definitely felt I got more value for my buck elsewhere.

That being said, the location IS extremely convenient, with just a set of stairs separating you from the beach. The pool is ok, the cafe is good and well stocked (although I didn't have anything cooked there, but the menu was extensive, varied, and yummy, albeit expensive which seems to be the norm in Montauk nowadays), the views are amazing, and the staff seemed very friendly. In fact, while my room did feel grungy and gross, it wasn't because of the maid service. The maid service was thorough and very efficient. The problem was with the room. So while it would not be my first choice, I wouldn't say I would never stay there again. Maybe in the off season, when it's not so expensive. And I'll never stay there alone again. I went there to relax and came home more stressed out from worrying over the locks all night. Also, it was very noisy every night and teenagers seemed to run wild. I never had a disappointing stay at Atlantic Terrace before this and I sincerely hope if I go there again, I don't have a negative repeat experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Atlantic Terrace Motel? Share your experiences!