“Overpriced and poor quality” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue, Tapas
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night
Brooklyn, New York
“Overpriced and poor quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

First time to Montauk ....I should of done my homework.
Waiter was friendly but it went downhill after that the Tacos that I had for $17.00 came in the store bought pre made hard taco shell without future details the $160.00 tab for 3 adults and one child eating on a picnic bench was overpriced for this below average spot ..one might be more satisfied at taco bell than feeling like they had just been clipped

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Randolph, NJ
“Best fish taco's I've every had”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2009

My husband and I stopped in for dinner and to try the fish taco's. The menu was inventive and the staff very friendly. Only one drawback,. although I really enjoyed my fish taco's, my husband didn't get what he ordered and there was no effort to correct the order or discount the meal.

We will go back next year for the food and staff.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York
“yummy Fish Tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2009

I went here because the previous reviewer enjoyed the fish tacos. I have never had a fish taco before and they were delicious! Not hot and spicy like a beef taco, the fish taco was cool and freshing. I'll add it to my list of 'favorites'

Long Island, NY
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2009

I recently ate dinner here with my husband, brother, and (vegan) sister. We were all pretty pleased with the food. We ordered the guac and chips to start and while the freshly cooked chips were tasty they were also a bit too greasy, yet the guac was terrifically addictive. My sis had the veggie burger and she said it was good (I think she should have been given the option of a side salad over the fries though--wouldn't you think someone who's getting the veggie burger would prefer such?). The rest of us ordered the fish tacos which were fantastic - well-seasoned & yummy mango salsa atop. Yeah, they were 2 for $15, but honestly this was to be expected for fresh fish in a resort town (and they were well-prepared, yet an option for a soft tortilla instead of a fried ones would have been great as well as a little something on the side - basic coleslaw with vinegrette?). The service was decent. I had to ask for another waiter to bring my beer which I had ordered earlier from our waitress that she apparently spaced on (it wasn't crowded either but she may have been burned out from the weekend). Our main gripe was the lack of availability of key menu items- they were out of two out of three of their tap beers as well as ceviche which made my eyes light up when I saw it. I'm sure it's a bit difficult to re-stock a place all the way out east, but then managment should consider that and close on Mondays like many other restaurants do. Just a thought....if a significant number of items on your menu are unavailable, it makes customers question the efficiency and credibility of your establishment. Overall, would recommend this place due to the great food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York, NY
“Excellent fish tacos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2009

The fish tacos were great! But it was very expensive - 2 tacos for $16. I couldn't afford it everyday, but will go at least once on my next trip back to Montauk.

• 5 of 5 stars Food