“not worth it” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 86 Restaurants in Montauk
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, Continental, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
New York City, New York
“not worth it”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

the service was bad. the food mediocre and over priced. there are much better choices ou there. no need to waste you time here

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
inletseafood, Guest Relations Manager at Inlet Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, March 25, 2012
Alisha,

I'm very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your dinner at Inlet. Was there a dish in particular, did you alert your server or the manager to the situation? Without telling anyone, it is very hard to fix a problem. We take pride in our service and food at Inlet, and always want our customers to have a good experience while visiting. We are sorry that you did not find either to your liking, but wish you had let us know sooner so that we could have done something to make your experience better.

Re our prices, you will find that ours are extremely competitive when compared to other restaurants in the area, and we pride ourselves on having portions that will fill the hungriest of diners.

We're sorry we did not fulfill your expectations but hope in the future you will try us again.
Inlet Seafood

Oshkosh, Wisconsin
“Good experience- would like to try it again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I visited our son in Astoria, NY recently and on that Sunday, we drove to the tip of Long Island- Montauk, NY. By the time we got out there we were very hungry and found not too many places open this early in the season. Fortunately, we found Inlet Seafood and they were open!
The building was very nice with a great view of the water all around. Given it was a seafood restaurant, my son and I both ordered a lobster roll. Keeping in the lobster theme, my wife decided to try a pasta special- macaroni and cheese- with lobster. It looked and tasted fabulous. Our lobster rolls were good although I’m not sure I would order one again- almost a little plain-tasting- for an $18.00 sandwich. I also tried a cup of their chowder that had some very chewy things in it! Probably the best thing we ate was an appetizer our son ordered- the California sushi roll- cooked crab, seaweed, avocado, and soy sauce with wasabi. It was delicious!
The service- being seated, at the table, and the check-out process was all good. The building and décor was great and the views were spectacular on this very sunny day. I noticed they had a very nice bar area- also with a good view. The food ranged from pretty good to excellent. Our bill for food only was $$75.00 for the three of us.
I would recommend Inlet Seafood and would like to try it again although I may not get out there again. I’ll probably have to enjoy the experiences of other diners through Trip Advisor!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia
“Food very good, but service with an attitude”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The food was very good, but a bit on the pricey side. Atmosphere is casual.

Our server had a definite attitude and at one point came to our table reeking of cigarette smoke.

Worth a visit given the food quality.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Long Island NY
“Good food with a beautiful view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Montauk yesterday, the Sunday of Columbus Day weekend. We've been out there a number of times, but usually we go later and end up eating somewhere on the way home. This time we went to Water Mill early in the day to go apple picking. We decided to go to Montauk and drive around, hoping to find a good place to eat. We saw Inlet when we were on the other side of Lake Montauk by Gosman's. We wanted someplace quieter than Gosman's, so we found our way over to Inlet. Beautiful view and busy, but not packed. We enjoyed our meal out on the deck. We shared the baked clams. They were delicious, with just the right amount of breading so we could actually enjoy the clams themselves. I then had the lobster roll. The fries were amazing, possibly the best I've had. The lobster salad was delicious. They put it on a potato bread hot dog roll, which was very tasty. It did get a little mushy at the end, but the flavor was fantastic. My boyfriend had the monkfish special. It came with grilled vegetables and rice. He loved it. I tried the fish and I was impressed as well. It came with a ginger sauce,which added this great saltiness to the dish. Our server was very friendly, and she kept thanking us for our patience. We were too busy admiring the view and enjoying ourselves to realize that our food was slow to come out. Apparently two ovens were down! Honestly, though, it didn't matter, as we weren't in any rush. Friendly people, good food and a beautiful view. Why would I be in a rush? Good place, I'd recommend it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Verona, NJ
“Great last minute dinner in Montauk”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

My wife and two children made a last minute day trip to Montauk from North Fork and stumbled upon this restaurant. We arrived at about 7:30 on a Saturday and the place was jammed. Don't know if they take reservations but I advise you to do so on a Sat. Instead of waiting an hour we sat outside on the deck on a cool but very pleasant night. We were the only ones out there and only wished it was day time to see the view. It looked like it would be great. We were worried about the service being the only ones outside but it was great.
I had the Brooklyn roll which was great and my wife liked her sunflower seed, goat cheese salad. I had the blacked swordfish which melts in your mouth and my wife really liked her sea bass.
It's expensive but overall I recommend to anyone.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere