“Pleasant stay and great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Snug Harbor Marina & Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Montauk
Snug Harbor Marina & Motel
3 Star Island Road, Montauk, NY 11954-5126   |
Ranked #27 of 37 hotels in Montauk
greenwich, ct
“Pleasant stay and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We just got home from a stay at the Snug Marina. Overall it was a really enjoyable visit for us and the kids. First, the service, the staff and the people at Smug harbor were very helpful and everything that we asked for was promptly arranged. There is a beautiful pool with lots seating in the shade, and beautiful grounds with bbqs and playground. The bath house was immaculate every single time I went in there. I appears to have been recently renovated as well. We did not have a room so I cannot comment on the motel buth I did not hear any complaints from those guests either. I couldn't ask for more

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

31 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Snug Harbor has it all! Perfectly located to watch the sunrise and sunset. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We were pleasantly surprised to find our kitchen well stocked and our very own BBQ! Staff is beyond friendly and helpful! My mom and I just spent two weeks at Snug Harbor and before we left, booked another two weeks. The motel is an easy walk to some great restaurants and shopping. Also a short ride to main street Montauk. There are several rooms which are for pets as well so we were able to bring our dog, Lucy. Some days we took advantage of the outdoor space right outside our room. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. Other days we took advantage of being close to the beach. Fishing charters and group boats are within walking distance. Overall, this is the place to be in Montauk!

Room Tip: Room #1! It's the one we stayed in :-)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Queens
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I made a reservation for a wedding months in advance, the first girl I spoke to was NOT happy that I only wanted one night, but took the reservation anyway, and definitely made me aware that she was doing me a favor. Then unfortunately I needed to cancel my reservation (providing 2 months notice) and yet again the woman (different woman) was very rude and still charged me a $25 "administration fee". If you're not going to accept reservations/cancellations on line, perhaps you should work on your customer service.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lambertville, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Despite being a bit put off by the dated 70's architecture, once we settled into our room we were very happy & had no complaints. We stayed for 5 nights and found our (pool-side) efficiency to meet all our needs. Nice and roomy with plenty of room for suitcases, golf clubs and we even stored our bikes in the room and they were not in the way. The room was clean and the grounds were well kept. I was worried that the pool area would be noisy late into the night, but no, the pool is closed up quite early.

This is a family-run establishment that is clean and quiet and very decent. I especially liked the fact that you could borrow beach passes from the front desk rather than buying them.

I would happily return here in the future.

Room Tip: The motel has a handful of second-floor rooms with balconies overlooking the marina & harbor. I...
Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I chartered a fishing boat and stayed here for 2 nights with some friends. I came back and did the same thing the following year. The staff did what they could to help us out with anything we needed. Not the most luxurious place, but reasonably priced. Very nice price compared to other spots in the area. I'm there to fish, not to watch TV and go to a spa. Highly recommended for fisherman. Not recommended for the tightly wound.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Lake Grove, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

I booked an apartment for my 2 fishing partners and I for 2 nights, we rented a slip for the boat and had two great fishing days. The staff was very nice.

I was very suprised by the cleanliness of the apartment and the grounds.
I will be making another reservation to go back with the family.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I've been coming to Montauk for about 15 years and have stayed at the Snug for the past 10 years. My husband also has stayed with his friends during their fishing trips out of Montauk Yacht Club. The rooms are clean and comfortable and pretty much up-to-date except for not having Microwaves. The grounds are kept clean and the kids love the playground and the decent size pool. It's basically an adult family environment. It's close to Gin Beach which we love. Great for smaller kids. You can sit all day and watch all the fishing boats coming in and out of the Harbor. The Snug is walking distance to the Lakeside Marina, great Sushi and seafood joint. They also serve breakfast. Close to Gosmans. We like this side of Montauk a little more quaint and out of the busy downtown. I would recommend anyone here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Snug Harbor Marina & Motel? Share your experiences!