“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 39 hotels in Montauk
Haddonfield, New Jersey
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Filthy carpet and bathroom, non-functional toilet, thread bear sheets, greasy bed spreads, just generally dirty. If you a 19 year-old frat boy, then maybe, but if you are a familly hoping for a nice beach vacation, then you will be desperately disappointed. Unbelievably expensive for such a dump.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Yardley, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My family and I booked with A Wave Inn based on the pictures shown on the website, and found this to be a very unpleasing stay. The website says it has been newly renovated, which we found is not the case at all. The room was very dirty, as our socks and feet were pretty much black with dirt after being in the room for an hour. Customer service was very poor as requesting extra washcloths seem to be a hassle and took more than one request and over a couple hours time for us to receive them. Also the maid service didn't come to the room until well into the afternoon when we were in the room, even after the housekeeping sign was displayed for over 5 hours. The beds in the room were very uncomfortable and made getting a full nights rest a challenge. Overall I would highly recommend choosing any other place to stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

We stayed at A Wave Inn the last week of August, and it was a wonderful stay. I cannot say enough about the folks at the front desk and about the service that is provided. First my wife and I had a problem with the coffee maker in the room. They sent out and bought in a new one for us. Then we haqd a problem with the iron and they provided a new one. I then needed something faxed and they were very accomodating. The room was adequate, although the bed could be somewhat softer. Over all, we enjoyed our stay at A Wave Inn and will return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

What do you get for almost $300/night. Not very much if you stay at A Wave Inn. Sure it is high season but 2 of the nights were weekday nights. We booked 2 rooms (myself and my wife in one and my son, daughter in law and granddaughter in the other),and stayed 3 nights. None of us got a decent night's sleep on any night. First the good. The location is fine only a block to the beach and in the heart of town. My room was clean while my son's room not very with hair in the tub/shower. The web site says recently renovated. So much for truth in advertizing as it looked old and worn to me.The mattress was hard as a rock (and I like firm mattresses). Night one we were awakened twice, once at 4 AM and again at 5 with drunks returning from the bars. Night two, we decided to get to sleep a little early (10:30) to catch up. By 11:30, screaming kids jumping in to the pool not only woke us up but also my 2 year old granddaughter. Don't bother calling the front desk. There is nobody there. Wanted to leave after the second night but they have a no refund policy. I will put A Wave Inn on my do not return list.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
West Orange, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

We arrived early and the front desk was kind enough to call us to let us know when our room was ready...too bad we didn't find another place to stay in the meantime. On the website it says the building was "recently renovated." I have no idea what they mean. Our room had mildew, rust, a clogged sink and ripped carpet. The shower was so gross we wore our shoes. Even so, it reeked of cleaning fluid. Because we couldn't open the windows, we had to leave the door open if we weren't sleeping. There's also no phone in the room, and the only lock on the door is on the handle. No deadbolt, no chain. I heard a teenager near the pool say to her mother "this place is nasty"...her mother's response, "well, it's not the Ritz..." It is not. See the photos for proof.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

my wife and 2 kids stayed in the wave inn this 4th of july. The staff was sweet and very helpful room was very clean(my wife is a clean freak) and larger then the other places we stayed .Great location 100 ft to beach and a block from main street in town. Kids loved the pool after the beach (definitely a must item after the beach).I would defiitely recommend a wave inn!!!

jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

first i want to state have been to montauk millions of times and love it..i booked the wave inn for a long 4th with our family.. hotel would have been good except it was over run by a group of 20 year olds who were allowed to take over the place..i spoke to mangement numerous times to no avail.. there waw loud drinking til 1 am in pool area which all rooms overlook and the accoustics are great. the last night i could stomach to stay there was a pool party til 5:00 am which ended up with a broken fence and beer cans all over pool area and in pool.. the biggest problem they have is they say they have secutity to eleminate these issues but i found out he (yes one security ) covers 2 places.. you can not and should not leave a hotel with paying guests alone from 11 pm til 9 am with a note on the door.. this is the first bad review i have ever written but i have to say that speaking to the manger was like speaking to wall and got us no where. the group of rooms causing all the problems should have been thrown out. it ruined what would have been a great wkend.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to A Wave Inn? Share your experiences!