“Great location, walking distance to town, nice rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Special Rate
FREE SEPTEMBER NIGHT!!
Ranked #4 of 39 hotels in Montauk
New York City, New York
“Great location, walking distance to town, nice rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We just came back from a wonderful 4 days in Montauk at the Beach Plum Resort. We rented one of the upper deck rooms based on previous reviews of noise, but would definetely look into renting a lower room next time, they are just as nice and easily accessible, either one would be fine. Upon check in the managment were super nice. We arrived early from the city, and they said we could leave our bags (we don't travel light!) and we could go to the beach or check out town and they would text us when our room was ready. It worked out perfectly, our room was ready by 2 p.m. For 2 people who live in NYC and do not have a car, the location was perfect, we were able to walk into town each night to go to dinner. We highly recommend the Beach Plum as a place to stay in Montauk. Well maintained property, close to town and right across from the beach.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BeachPlumMontauk, Public Relations Manager at Beach Plum Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Beach Plum Resort! We take great pride in maintaining the property to the highest standards and we thank you for choosing to recommend our facility to your friends and family. We hope to have you again soon!

117 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed in a upper floor ocean view room at the Beach Plum, I think it was room 27 which has not yet been renovated. Never-the-less the room was nice and felt spacious aided I'm sure by the big sliding glass doors that lead out to a nice sized deck and the high open beamed ceiling.

Upon walking into the room you will also find a functional kitchen with a microwave, 2 burner electric stove a mini fridge and a nice Delonghi toaster oven. There is also a nice Flat Screen TV with full cable service.

What's not to like? Not much, I mean the place does feel a bit dated, the bed and bed linens could use a refresh but given the under 300 dollar rate for High Season in Montauk this place is an absolute gem and a terrific value. Also the staff was very nice. As I was leaving Monday the guy in the office told us to feel free to enjoy the amenities and was overall genuinely friendly and courteous. It's these little things that makes a difference .

Speaking of amenities, I should also mention that the Plum has a nice little pool and multiple barbecue grills. I ate out every night but I did notice a lot of families grilling in the "back yard" area. They also offer free wifi which is another nice touch (though I think they could use a repeater because the signal was very weak in my room)

All in all, I highly recommend the Beachplum it's has a down home, old school Montauk feel. While I enjoy a good boutique hotels especially out in California I'm getting a little tired of all these wannabe trendy places opening up in Montauk. Most of them are just glorified motels with a boutique makeover and a huge price tag.

The Beach Plum is refreshingly untrendy, just a traditional Montauk resort offering great value.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
BeachPlumMontauk, Public Relations Manager at Beach Plum Resort, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for sharing your great experience at the Beach Plum Resort! While many guests enjoy the on-site barbecues, we’re glad you took advantage of some of the area’s terrific restaurants. We strive to accommodate a family friendly atmosphere to all of our guests, as you’ve noted. We look forward to serving you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We have never been to Montauk and are used to staying in large resorts or luxury timeshare rentals, so reading review after review of unpleasant stays in Montauk hotels was pretty frightening, especially considering the cost during high season. On a friends recommendation we decided to stay at the Beach Plum Resort and we are so glad that we did! From the first phone call with Keith, I was reassured that management at this location did care about it's customers, he even ran over to the 2bedroom cottage to take photos of it for me to see what the layout was. We traveled with an 18 month old, 12 year olds, and Grandma and Grandpa and the only complaint was that we didnt stay long enough. The hotel is located about a 5 minute walk to town and the IGA supermarket (which was very reasonable and comparable to Queens prices), its directly across from the path to a rather isolated and clean part of the beach, and our cottage #2 was super stocked with everything from paper towels to salt and pepper. It was extremely clean, pool was great and heated and Keith even called me the day after we checked out to make sure we had a great stay. I definitely recommend the Beach Plum!

• Stayed August 2012
BeachPlumMontauk, Public Relations Manager at Beach Plum Resort, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear Guest,

We’re glad you were able to find comfort in the hospitality at the Beach Plum Resort! We strive to accommodate our guests with first class service and are delighted to hear you were able to enjoy the ideal location. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We recently enjoyed a great midweek stay at the Beach Plum.  It was kind of a last minute decision so we only made our reservation a few weeks before our stay…we were lucky to get the last available rooms for the nights we were interested in (one of which was our anniversary).  We arrived Sunday afternoon and checked into one of the one bedroom units on the first floor.  It was noticeably clean and well kept.  The weather was not cooperating so we dropped our stuff off and went into town for some shopping and lunch.  For dinner we went to the Harvest, which is a must do when in Montauk!!  We spent Monday at the beach…the beach is just a short walk down a path from the condos and it was wonderful…clean, quiet, and private.  Since we made our reservation so late we had to switch units during our stay – from a one bedroom unit to one of the studios. It was just as nice and clean as the 1 bedroom.  On the morning of our switch, I stopped in the office to ask where we could put our things until our new room was ready.  The staff was great and they told us to leave our bags in the room, our food in the fridge, go enjoy the day, and they’d coordinate the transfer of everything to our new room if we’d like.  We returned around 4 PM to find all our luggage moved to the new room for us and the fridge re-stocked!  Special thanks to the staff!! This was our first time to the Beach Plum, and we will most definitely be returning after this incredible trip!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
BeachPlumMontauk, Public Relations Manager at Beach Plum Resort, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

We’re delighted to hear we helped make your anniversary stay special. As you’ve noted, the restaurant scene in the Montauk area offers some terrific options. We’re glad you were able to enjoy our hospitality and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Carmel, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

A couple friends along with me and my boyfriend just came back from staying at the Beach Plum (July 30-Aug 2) and I can't say enough good things about it! The room we had was a ground floor studio which was super clean and more than enough room for the two of us. Our friends had a ground floor one bedroom that was a bit bigger and had a nicer TV, iPod docking station, and more sleeping area. Both rooms each had two chaise lounges and a small table and chairs outside the sliding glass doors on the patio. This was a wonderful place to have coffee in the morning and drinks late at night. The only drawback about the ground floor rooms is the noise of people walking in the room upstairs--it sounded like a hockey game above our heads when we were trying to nap in the late afternoon. But luckily, all of the noise and stomping stopped in the evening so sleeping was not a problem.

The location is the biggest reason to stay here. The beach area was the least populated on that stretch which was fantastic! You walk right across the road and down the trail to the beach, an amazing convenience. Add to that the fact that you can literally walk less than a quarter mile to get into town. We were thrilled with this, not really knowing beforehand exactly where it was located. I wouldn't trade this convenience for any other amenity at any other hotel.

The people at the desk were super helpful, providing us with an iron and small ironing board when we needed one. We also arrived before our room was ready and they told us to enjoy the pool, the beach, the town, and they would call me on my cell when the room was ready, which they did in less than an hour.

There is a lovely back yard where we grilled on the grill and ate at the picnic tables provided on a couple of the nights we were there. We also brought our bikes, which we locked up to a tree at the side of the property but many people simply stashed their bikes, unlocked, in between the two buildings. It's that kind of place, no one was worried about people walking off with things, a very family friendly, low key environment.

We didn't use the pool the entire time we were there--why when the beach is right outside your door?--but it looked very clean and well kept. We also had no problem with noise but I'm sure that all depends on who else is staying there while you are.

I highly recommend the Beach Plum. Even the price was reasonable considering we were there at the very height of the season. We are definitely planning on returning next year--this time for even longer than three nights!

Room Tip: Try to get an upstairs room so you don't have the pitter patter of little feet above your head w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
BeachPlumMontauk, Public Relations Manager at Beach Plum Resort, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

We’re happy you found what you were looking for at the Beach Plum Resort! As you’ve noted, the resort is ideally located and features some terrific amenities. We’re glad you found our front desk staff both attentive and helpful. We look forward to having you as a return guest with us.

New York City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

A last minute cancellation got us into the Beach Plum Resort for 3 nights. A lot of good things to say about it... all of the staff is terrific--sweet, friendly, helpful--from the manager to the people servicing the rooms. These are individually owned units, so it's the luck of the draw, but 24 is an upper-level studio that was spotless and looked like it was completely redone. The only drawback was a hard, old mattress on the bed. This was too bad because otherwise it's a great place to stay. Each upper room looks out to the ocean from a sliding door terrace. Ours had only two chaises; we missed the bistro table and chairs that other units had in addition. The grounds are nice and clean, and the pool was also spotless. The location is great; town is walkable if you choose. Apparently there is new management here, so it should only get better. All in all, a great option. The only other negative was some very noisy, rude girls next door who thought it would be ok to yell and and laugh and scream at 2am... Hey, it happens.

Room Tip: Go for the upper level so you can see the ocean, besides hearing it!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
BeachPlumMontauk, Public Relations Manager at Beach Plum Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

We appreciate the feedback and are glad you have such great memories from your stay with us. As you’ve highlighted, the outdoor balconies offer some breathtaking ocean views! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Definitely coming back here again! As I pulled into the resort's driveway not knowing what the place would look like, my girlfriend and I both said "wow the place looks a lot nicer than the photos on tripadvisor and the resort's website"! There was plenty of parking in the afternoon(though it did get full in the evenings) to check in. The girls at the front desk were very friendly and it took 30 seconds to sign some paperwork and grab the keys. We got keys to unit 7 and as we walked to the main door behind the resort, we saw bbq grills, tables, and wooden beach chairs. A big plus for a family or groups who want to use the area for an afternoon meal. The door opened into the master bedroom with a very comfortable bed...i slept like a baby. The living room had a full sofa, table, small tv, etc along with a giant sliding door that faced the ocean. I believe every room on the ground floor has a sliding door that faces the ocean for easy in and out, but you still want to have one person exit through the back so you can lock the sliding door. The cleaning staff left plenty of towels and toilet paper so that was never a problem. Wifi worked without a hitch. There was plenty of kitchenware to do some light cooking for anyone who wants to cook a meal at home, though this isn't necessary since the town is minutes away.

The beach is located just across the street. It's a 5 minute walk because you do need to walk through a downhill trail which leads to a very quiet and gorgeous beach. You can see the super crowded ditch plains beach to the east and could walk to the Sloppy Tuna is that's more your thing. I preferred the quiet and spacious area right in front of the resort. We had room to throw a frisbee around without worrying about hitting people. If you have young kids, I don't think this is the best beach for them. The waves were brutal and some were about 8 feet tall. My girlfriend and I tried to boogey board for a short while, but after being dragged under the current over and over we decided to give it a break. As long as you don't venture out too far, the waves are not an issue.

If you decide to stay here, talk to Keith! He booked my reservation and sent me e-mail confirmations within minutes of hanging up the phone. He even called me once to let me know that another day had opened up and offered a discounted price if I was interested in an extra day. The day after I returned from Montauk, he gave me a courtesy call to see if I had enjoyed my stay since I did not get a chance to meet him in person during the stay. Now that's customer service!

Looking forward to returning soon and conquering the strong but wicked fun waves!

Room Tip: Unit 7 had working AC and a pullout sofa in the living room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Your kind words are greatly appreciated. It’s fantastic that you were able to take advantage of our premier location in Montauk. Spending a relaxing day on the beach and walking into town for a quick bite highlight just some of the benefits of our terrific location! We look forward to having you back.

Management

Been to Beach Plum Resort? Share your experiences!