“Always a great experience!!” 5 of 5 stars

Beach Plum Resort
779 Old Montauk Highway, Montauk, NY   |
Ranked #4 of 40 Hotels in Montauk
New York City, New York
“Always a great experience!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We have been staying at the beach Plum for over 14 years, it is always clean and easy.
When we arrive the staff is great! Our room is always clean early. Easy walk across the street to the beach and the pool is always clean and ready to use.

Room Tip: The only suggestion I have is if you are sensitive to sound I would request the top floor because th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
BeachPlumMontauk, Public Relations Manager at Beach Plum Resort, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

We’re delighted to have you back! We hope the next 14 years are even more enjoyable than the last! We thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback and look forward to your return stay with us.

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Oyster Bay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

It was our first trip to Montauk in too long. We were going with another couple and after some searching around on the internet found the Beach Plum. From the moment we called until the moment we left the whole experience was great. The office staff was so helpful! Since we had not been out in years, a lot has changed and they were great in giving us recommendations for new restaurants and things to do in the area. We were able to check in early and got two units that were right next to each other which worked out perfectly since our kids could play out on the lawn together. The distance into town was perfect and the beach is right across the street. I would recommend this place to anyone and plan on going back in the Fall.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. Montauk always has something new and exciting to offer when coming out and we love sharing those ideas with our guests! We look forward to seeing you again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Just an amazing gracious staff that is understanding and workable. I am looking forward to getting out there!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
BeachPlumMontauk, Public Relations Manager at Beach Plum Resort, responded to this review, August 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback. We strive to ensure every guest feels just as satisfied as you have. We thank you for taking the time to review and we look forward to helping you in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Originally booked through booking.com, and was guaranteed a rate of approx $500 for memorial day weekend. A few days later I got a call from Keith (hotel management) who said that booking.com listed an incorrect price and he would have to charge me slightly more. when I asked what "slightly more" meant, he told me the new total cost would be approx $900! I told him I was sorry that they had an internal error but that I was guaranteed that rate. He insisted that I pay more (I refused). I then called booking.com who informed me the the Beach Plum property is responsible for updating their listing and pricing and therefore the price is guaranteed! when I called Keith to inform him of booking.com informed me, he immediately backed down and claimed that he never asked me to pay full price. This is a lie. THAT SAID, we did very much enjoy our stay. The location of the hotel is wonderful, we were able to walk to town and the beach. The grounds were kept beautifully and we had a great experiance. One of the only downsides to our stay is that the walls/floors are paper thin and we could hear our upstairs neighbors thumping/walking back and forth until 3am. I know sometimes loud neighbors comes with the territory of staying in a motel-type property, but I do think that perhaps the rooms could use the installation of some sound muffling upgrades. All in all a good experiance, I would reco to a friend.

Room Tip: Rooms downstairs can be noisy; thin ceilings
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

What more could you ask for than being 200 yards from the Atlantic Ocean? At the Beach Plum we could laze around in the morning and make our own breakfast, chill our own drinks and grill our own dinner, walk or bike ride to shops and restaurants or arrange for a friendly taxi service. I am from Long Island and I think about the beach plum as a place to enjoy Montauk in all is natural beauty. Sitting outside the sliding doors you can hear the ocean as it hits the land, the pool is a nice addition. I liked the simplicity of well kept, clean rooms. I would visit again

Room Tip: Take a view of the ocean either in upper room or lower room where the view is not inhibited by trees...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We have been to the Beach Plum several times now over the past few years and have always had a wonderful experience. We go to the Beach Plum when we want a quiet relaxing oceanside vacation and book a one bedroom with a small kitchenette. We have breakfast in the room but enjoy walking to town to enjoy the delicious restaurants for dinner - There are alot of activities nearby, but we enjoyed spending most of our time at the ocean in front of the resort or lounging and reading by the pool or the terrace of our room. I have not experienced any problems with management that other reviewers have mentioned, but I have been told that new management is in place. We are looking forward to our next Beach Plum stay.

Room Tip: This resort is also accessible for travelers from NYC that don't have a car as everything is wit...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Brookhaven, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

My 3 sisters and I planned a weekend at the Beach Plum Resort for our mothers 75th birthday. There were 11 of us, moms daughters and granddaughters. We sent our check during the winter to reserve 2 suites for the last weekend in April of 2012. The Thursday before we planned to go the Manager phoned and stated we could only have one room because the owners decided they were coming and wanted the room. They said we would now have to be separated into 3 rooms. Then on Friday, the night before we were scheduled to arrive he phoned and stated we couldn't have any suites and that we would now be put into 4 small rooms. We told him this was unacceptable as we picked his hotel because of the suites.When I went to a hotel with my family years ago and they had to move my room they upgraded us to a Suite for the inconvenience, Beach Plum didn't even offer us a free breakfast or a discount. We were lucky to find rooms at the Ocean Beach resort and went there. I would never recommend this place to anyone

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Beach Plum Resort? Share your experiences!